You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: People in the Garage

Real Ghost Stories

People in the Garage

 

This creeps me out even thinking about it 17 years later... But here is my story of "the people in the garage..." from the time I was 6 until I was 8 my family lived in this little old farmhouse right next to both of my grandmothers. When I was a very small child, 2 little girls lived there with their parents, we played and went trick or treating together, fun times. The family split up and the girls had no contact with the father, who always seemed very nice - they all moved out, we move in. A weird situation for that family, I'm sure.

I remember being scared in their bedroom, but I don't remember why. When my family moved into this house, the room the girls shared was my bedroom. I hated playing by myself in that house, and my parents room was especially spooky. I would always close their door if it was open, and we shared a bathroom that could be accessed from either bedroom - I always made sure those doors were closed, too.

We had a scary little cellar, and just a bunch of weird outbuildings and things typical of old rural farmhouses. Everyone was uncomfortable, there was a weird feeling in that house, always. No one really said anything, though until after my brother was born.

I was 7 years old, we shared a room when he was born. My mom came in to check on him one night, and I was SPEAKING FRENCH in my sleep! I still don't speak french - so it's not like I could control it! My mom asked me the next morning what I dreamed about, and I told her "the people in the garage. They always talk like that..." very creepy - I guess I told her more than once about them - and I vaguely remember a woman with dark hair and red lipstick, but that's it.

We moved out VERY soon after that, and the father of those 2 girls moved back in, by himself. He started fixing up the house, he even got a puppy from us when our dog had puppies... A few months later, people started noticing no one had seen him in a while, someone decided to go over there and it looked like no one had cared for the dog in a while, which was very unusual for him.

So, someone decided to investigate - and found his body in the GARAGE! He had shot himself in the head - in the garage - and had been there about 2 weeks before anyone found him.

On a happy note, my grandma took in the dog who lived another 15 years...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelsea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-12)
YOU STARTED SPEAKING FRENCH! That gave me goose-bumps. That is one of those stories that I don't even wonder about- I know it's true.
davidparker (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
Very, unfortunate... 😢 Reading things like this always make me sad... I guess my heart is really open, even to strangers. Were you guys close to the man at all? My heart goes out to all that were involved in this awful incident. 😢
Poppysbabygrl (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
I wonder...,Why did the father of the 2 girls shoot himself in the head?
Rai (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-07)
wow I don't know what to say ... 😲 😕 😨 well I hope nothing happened to you and your family ...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: