You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Something At My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Something At My Window

 

For the first 3 years of my life we lived in a small bungalow next to a wood in Wales, which my parents had bought and renovated not long before me and my younger brother were born. The event in my story I believe took place when I was between 2 and 4 years old as my brother had not been born yet, and so I had a bedroom all to myself. I remember it clearly despite being in my twenties now, and having not been in that house for over 20 years. I would like to add that I was a very active child, always climbing on things and running around the wood (to the best of my ability anyway considering I was just a toddler). I occasionally watched children's television but never played computer games.

My bedroom was average sized, with one large window and a chest of drawers on one wall, and my single bed and a doorway on the opposite wall. The window was in the middle of the wall and quite high up so I couldn't see out of it properly unless I climbed on my bed or chest of drawers.

I remember waking up one night hearing something tapping at the window. I got up and opened one curtain slightly to see a glowing purple/blue light just the other side of the glass about 15cm tall. I don't know if it was an orb or not because it was fairly solid and clear to make out. I didn't feel threatened by it, and was overwhelmed with curiosity as I had never seen anything like it before. It was an uneven 'oval' shape - almost the shape of an upright Oak leaf due to its shape - and was dark in the middle but glowing bright from the edges. Now it gets strange - this 'orb' had a face. Two eyes, a nose and a mouth.

I went to sit on the windowsill to get a better look by climbing on the chest of drawers, and it spoke to me. I can't remember what it said as it was so long ago, but I remember feeling that it was very interested in me, like it's whole purpose in being there was to speak to me. I would ask it "what do you want?" "why are you here?" to which I couldn't get it to answer. I began to feel scared of it at this point, perhaps because the 'orb' began to be less friendly, or it wanted to make me feel scared now that it had my attention. I didn't say any more to it, and climbed down from the windowsill and ran to my parents bed as fast as possible. I didn't tell them what I saw, so they thought nothing of me climbing into their bed.

I remember waking up the next morning in my parents' room, and then remembering what happened during the night, and how I got from my bedroom to my parents' bedroom. It was definitely not a dream.

This experience has always been a very clear memory, in fact it may be my earliest memory. Although I remember it so clearly, I have always been a sensible child and so my common sense told me to dismiss it: floating glowing faces just don't exist!

The current owners of our old house invited a friend round one night, who happens to be 'sensitive' towards the paranormal. Their friend told them of an old lady spirit who carried water from a well outside and along a path and into the house. We didn't know this at the time we lived there. But now I know this, it has given me 'permission' to accept my experience as paranormal.

I am hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me. Nothing like this has happened to me since. Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laura-ann, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

laura-ann (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Thank you for your responses 😊

I will look into the Tower of London story you mention Elfstone810 - it sounds like it could be something similar!

MoonLightDream - I was hoping somebody would say that they've come across orbs with 'faces' before - though I don't remember if mine had teeth! I should perhaps do a little more research into this to find out what it could be!
Thanks guys!
MoonLightDream (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Ive seen a picture of an orb in a mirror and it had a face with teeth it looked very creepy because they were pointy teeth. I enjoyed reading your story thanks for sharing. 😊

This comment from Xtacy is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Xtacy (2 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
i do not understand! Why do you feel scared of something that does not exist? I have seen ghost, I was scared the first time, then I wanted it to show up, because I needed to get rid of the fear, and I did, I wanted to look into its eye and laugh... Because its no more. All I can say is be brave, you have a reason to be here, but it... Does not be proud and never... I mean ever be afraid
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Interesting and very singular experience. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The only story this reminds me of off the top of my head, and it's only slightly similar, took place in the Martin Tower, part of the Tower of London, in 1817. The Keeper of the Crown Jewels and his wife, but not other family members who were present, witnessed a floating, glowing blue column that drifted through their dining room while they were eating.

I guess the takeaway would be that weird, floating, glowy things are exceedingly rare but not unheard of?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: