You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Tulpa Created?

Real Ghost Stories

Tulpa Created?

 

Something happened to me quite recently that has put a bit of a scare in me. We have lived in our home for several years now without anything "unusual" to report, just how I like it. Raising two young boys is difficult enough without having to deal with any "strange activity."

My wife is a fiction writer, and recently had a book published through Amazon. The name of her book is titled "Breaking Limbo." The story follows 11 different young adults who, for different reasons, decide to end their lives, only to discover a desperate struggle in the afterlife. The book has received some good reviews, and I've plugged it for her recently in this forum and a few others- but all together it is doing very well for her.

I've read a few chapters out of sequence while she was writing it, but she had been bugging me to read the book in it's entire. At the time, we didn't yet own a Kindle, so I couldn't download it- instead I waited for the printed version to become available, as I prefer the old fashion style of reading anyway.

I started reading the book about the 3rd week of September. When I read any book, I create a picture in my mind of what a character looks like. I did this with an adult character by the name of Maree who is mentioned quite often through out the book. So, I'm a slow reader. It takes me quite a while to get through any book I read. Sometimes I have to re-read something I just read because my attention may have drifted from the book to something else. So I take my time and read carefully. My wife started to fuss a bit, asking me if I didn't like the story. I honestly was enjoying the book, and kept telling her that it just takes me longer than the average reader to finish a book.

So, Saturday evening, Sept 28th, I'm home alone washing some dishes in the sink. The sun is setting, so it's still light out. I hear a banging sound coming from the backyard. I recognize the sound as being the shed door. I walk into the living room to look out a window and see who is out there, when I see this woman standing there just swinging the shed door to the close position and reopening it again consistently, making the banging sound. The shed sits about 40 yards directly behind the house/window I'm looking out. Dark hair, baggy off white gown, looking as if into the neighbor's yard just slamming the door. My first thought is, who is this woman in my yard, why is she doing that? I push off the window and head for the backyard, the noise stops before I get to the door that leads to the back porch. I didn't look up towards the shed until I was out of the porch on the patio, and she is not there. My shed door is open, and I figure she is now in the shed or behind it.

I first walk around the shed, before opening the door wide enough to look in. Nothing. She is gone quicker than anyone could physically remove themselves from sight, without climbing fences and such. It wasn't until later that night did I make a connection. The woman in my yard very much matched the description of the character in my wife's book that I was currently reading. The hair, the outfit as I pictured it... Granted this person was about 40 yards from my window when I was watching her.

I started to do some digging online, and came across the Tulpa. Could my wife's anger with me for reading her book too slowly have created some kind of "thought form?" If that is even possible, what purpose would it serve except to confuse? And if this was some random person who wandered in my yard, why the odd behaviour?

My wife did get a kick out of me telling her the incident, but swears she did not put anybody up to pull a joke. Any thoughts to this Tulpa, if real, would be appreciated. I have finished the book, without any incidents. Something tells me there is a connection, I'm just not sure of it.

Other hauntings by Pjod

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pjod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
I'm not sure what to make of the incident. I found out from a neighbor, without mentioning too many details, that a house the next street over did have a party that night. Still doesn't explain the odd behaviour and similiar appearence to this character in my wife's novel. After doing a bit of "Tulpa" research, there was a rather famous author who claims to have been approached and conversed with a character he created in a novel. Wish I knew the details of the conversation, or even who the writer was- but it was a late night search and I really should have copied the info to post here.
Thanks for all of your insights and thoughts here, you guys are great.
Argette (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
I don't know what to think here, but I enjoyed the story. What SWB and Granny said makes sense to me.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Hm, just thinking here, but...
Some authors have a gift for bringing characters to life. One of my favorite authors, I feel like I could reach out and touch his characters. Perhaps your wife has that sort of gift, and you connected with that character. Was the woman you saw behaving in a way that the character in the book might? As crazy as my theory is, I think maybe you temporarily manifested Maree into this reality. Some characters just resonate.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
I have to go with SwampwaterBoonie on this too. If tulpas were that easily created, I'd have my very own Dean Winchester by now! 😆

I sympathize with your poor wife, though. There is *nothing* more nerve wracking than waiting for someone whose opinion you value to finish reading a book you've written!

Way cool story! Thanks for sharing!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
Pjod: What an interesting puzzle. I'm leaning toward Swampie's idea that it's possible your wife has, either consciously or subconsciously, had an encounter with this entity and incorporated her into the story line. I think it's safe to say that writers get their inspiration from what/whom they are familiar with. Even in the case of someone like Stephen King, his scenarios and monsters come from what he had imagined as a bullied child.

Pretty cool. Can't wait to see what everyone else suggests.
SwampwaterBoonie (7 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
A manifestation of a personification? Heady stuff, though it could be as likely that your conception of the character in your Wife's story might be a reflection of a vague awareness of an existing entity. Subconscious accuity being many times more vibrant, have you ever found yourself doodling mindlessly only to create a symbol or representation of something you later encounter? Happens to me quite a bit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: