You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: No You're Not

Real Ghost Stories

No You're Not

 

Hey, guys. Since you guys were very accepting of my general experience in my old house I thought I would share with you one of the scariest things that happened to me in that house. It deserves it's own little story, I found it really creepy and it could be nothing but because of my house I don't think it was nothing (but there could be explanations). (Read my first story if you'd like) I was thinking about it the other day and thought it was worthy of posting here.

So, I had a boyfriend for awhile and we were doing a long distance type of thing and we would talk every single night on the phone, or Skype each other. Obviously since I missed him I would call him late at night if I couldn't sleep and wanted to talk to him. One night, I don't think it was too late but maybe around 9 or so, I called him up to see if he was still awake, he was about 2 hours ahead of me at the time, and wanted to see if he wanted to talk for awhile. He was and he wanted to talk to me too.

So we went on talking about our days again and what we did in the hours we didn't talk to one another, when suddenly my service started being shotty, which wasn't really a surprise if you have/had AT&T, so I brushed it off. But he kept talking but on my end it was SO staticky that I was yelling at him, I couldn't hear a word he said. Then I heard what sounded like my name being said. "Ashlea, Ashlea" but it wasn't my boyfriend. I knew his voice. This sounded like a feminine voice. I kept yelling "What?" to my boyfriend and it was kind of a creepy noise that I can't really explain what it sounded like but it gave me goosebumps. And I thought that he was playing a joke on me or something so I told him, "Stop you're really scaring me you know I don't like jokes like this" and it just kept happening. Finally I was getting pissed off and was tired of the game I thought he was playing. So I said, "Okay, well I'm hanging up now" and as soon as the sentence left my mouth the voice I had been hearing literally yelled, "NO YOU'RE NOT" but it wasn't just a voice it was a static filled voice and very loud and piercing. I screamed and threw my phone across the room and my phone reset itself.

After basically being in the fetal position on my bed for a few minutes freaking myself out. My phone turned back on and I reluctantly went and picked it up. My boyfriend had called twice. I called him back and told him that what he did wasn't very funny at all. He had told me that he didn't do anything, he could hear me talking and he kept trying to yell over the phone hoping I would hear him and that he was really confused about what I had been talking about and wondered why I couldn't hear him. He said he heard me very clearly. I remember freaking out and not using my phone to call him for awhile and we just stuck to Skype.

I know that maybe it could have been a crossed connection or something weird like that. But it sure did scare the hell out of me. And knowing that the voice was a female's voice and there is a female presence in that house, I thought that might have something to do with it. But you never know with technology these days. Let me know what you think, guys.

Other hauntings by fancyfeast

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fancyfeast, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Hello fancyfeast, I just want to know if it had happened again, not only when you speak to your boyfriend but also with somebody else. Or was it the only experience you had as far as the phone is concerned. If it is the only experience, then we shall have to keep the fingers crossed. It might be cross-connection or cross-talk and many people, including women, try to play pranks on the other and some are really sadistic and if they find the other person getting scared, they might try to over do it. But if it happens again and if the voice sounds like the one earlier, we shall have to switch to other aspects including paranormal.

Keep us informed of any further information, which you might have left in the narrative. But with the information you gave in your narrative, I am not in a position to come to any conclusion on this aspect as paranormal.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lin66127 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-25)
I can tell you this... A few years back, my brother-in-law had to go with the national guard to Texas. My sister-in-law was left at home by herself for quite a few weeks. I called her one evening and while we were talking I could hear in the background on her end of the line, "I'm cold," in a faint female voice. I asked her if she had the television on or if someone was there with her. She said no. She also said that when her husband called from Texas that he heard the same thing. That was really creepy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: