You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl Beside Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Beside Me

 

By Aunty LuLu Year 1968 (Aunty LuLu - 7 years old.)

I grew up in this Malay's kampong in Andrew Avenue just opposite Sembawang Park and I remember that during my childhood, my parents did not show 'love' or 'concern' towards their 8 children. My parents owned a provision shop and in the 60's, having food on the dinner table or sending you to school was considered 'love'. However, if you were born as a son then your life would be different; like your parents would comb your 'CURRY POW' hairstyle and 'new' clothing for Chinese New Year because we girls get ours from our older siblings.

As I spent a memorable childhood's life cycling around with neighbor's kids, I learned cycling through self taught lesson with many injuries, swimming at the seaside or diving into the sea from a rope that some Malay villager had hung from a big giant tree just was fun and believe me, we kids did not attend any swimming lessons.

Walking in the mud looking for mudskippers was an adventure but I always got cuts on my feet or lost my slippers in the mud was somehow frequent. There was time when I found giant fishes swimming close by but I would never try to catch them because instinct said that those weren't real, it was an evil soul waiting for a replacement. And after 8 pm we didn't go out alone because you might met the 'pontianak', the MONKGALI 'Roti' man said he met her many times.

Another story from my childhood was about the time when I met a little long-haired girl in a white dress face to face. You know the drill. Sleeping soundly on the second floor on the straw mat at a 45 degree corner, I suddenly opened my eyes. They widened when I saw her standing (long black hair which covered her face, white gown and a very petite frame) beside me.

This time I was very, very scared... And I pretended she wasn't there and turned away stiffly, forcing myself to sleep... This time I kept quiet, I did not tell my Ah Mm... Maybe next time I should chit-chat with her and thank her for visiting, maybe ask her "How was your night?"

And thank god she did not wear her 'Hello Kitty' hair clip.

Many years later (2012) when I told my daughters about my ghost stories, Victoria (second daughter) told me next time be more observant about the facial expression. I told her wait to for her turn to meet 'her', then she can tell me what 'she' look like.

Other hauntings by auntylulu96

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Singapore

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, auntylulu96, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Swims, from what I've gathered a Pontianak is a type of vampire ghost! Now that's scary.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
[at] Swiminfire. Big fish might be a soul waiting to be replaced is a theory in a lot of Asian cultures that if you see an abnormally huge fish in a body of water, it might be the spirit dragon guarding that lake, pond, river. Or it might be an old drowned victim's spirit lingering around and can't reincarnate until it ceases a victim to takes it's place in the body of water, or exact spot of death, so it can finally go reincarnate. So when Asians see big fishes, they think a spirit is attached to it or it's just an illusion to lure one to his own death
priyanka_tiwari (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
I should advise that if you met her again this time, you should try to have a polite conversation with her and ask her why she always meet you and ask her history. May be my comment will help you
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
That was awesome. What's the meaning of the giant fishes being souls? And what is a pontianak? This was interesting. Liked the humor about dealing with ghost conversation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: