You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mysterious Lady V

Real Ghost Stories

Mysterious Lady V

 

I have always been interested in the paranormal and all things that go bump in the night from a very young age. My parents would never encourage my inquisitive nature and constant questions regarding spirits and weird dreams whilst growing up.

Hailing from a pretty conservative background, my mother has always discouraged my obsession with dark and sinister innuendos. For example when I was still at University, I had become friends with a fellow student who was very much into Wiccanism and eventually got very involved in Gothism, which at first excited me and then I soon had to break off ties with my buddy, much to my parents relief.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I had just finished University and moved to a different city for work reasons. I had secured a job at a telecommunications company on the outskirts of a busy suburb in Gauteng. Our offices were made up of two floors which was sort of a call center kind of environment which was encased in large glass windows over looking the busy highway.

Working on the second floor of the building, I would often use the bathroom right at the back end of our office which was sometimes very dark as no sunlight would reach this area of the building and the florescent lighting would always be faulty, even though it would constantly get replaced with new filaments. I chose to use this particular bathroom because it was quiet, very clean and private and it had 4 stalls which hardly anyone would use regularly except for a handful of female staff.

So one morning I get to work after being stuck in peak hour traffic and need to use the bathroom urgently. I remember just leaving my lunch bag on my desk and racing towards the bathroom. I went into the last stall on the right of the bathroom and carefully placed my cell phone and ID card (work entry card) on the wall behind the toilet and went about my business. I then walked out the stall and went to the basin to wash up and head back to my desk to start off my day.

As I walked out the door, I realised that I had forgotten my cell phone and key card in the stall. Still standing outside the door, I immediately went back inside to retrieve my stuff. Upon entering the bathroom I saw a lady standing at the far end at the basin next to the one I had just used. She was just standing there with the hot water tap running, looking down. I greeted her as I thought that she may have been in a different stall to me and just didn't notice that it was occupied because I was in such a desperate hurry.

What I found weird was that she didn't acknowledge me when I greeted her and I had not recognised her as a staff member and furthermore, it was way too early for a customer or visitor to be at our offices. So, thinking she was terribly rude, I proceeded to retrieve my key card and cell phone from the stall and was on my way out when I saw that she was still standing with her head hung over the basin. She looked troubled and it concerned me.

So, I greeted her again and asked if she was ok. I got no response yet again. So feeling a bit awkward I didn't say anything else and sort of stood there for a few seconds, in all this time noticing that the mirror above the basin she was at was misting up. So, being the inquisitive person that I was, asked again, "Are you ok? Are you not getting burned?" And again no response.

Really ticked off at this point, I stormed out of the bathroom and went to a fellow colleague whose desk was the closest to the bathroom door. I reiterated the story to her and together we both went back to the bathroom to see if this mysteriously rude woman needed any help. Now bare in mind, it took me all of a few minutes after exiting the bathroom to going back in there with my colleague. So I pushed open the door, which made a weird scraping noise on the tiles, only to find that the woman had disappeared. So finding this extremely odd by this time, my colleague and I looked into all 4 stalls but she was gone.

Now here's the thing, this bathroom had only one entrance and you needed to exit from the same door, but in order to get out you would need to walk to the other end of the large office area to exit the building in full view of the entire office. I was standing at my colleagues desk and NO ONE had exited the bathroom and neither did we hear the door open or close creating that scraping noise.

Naturally I was freaked out but my colleague thought I was just messing with her and that I had just made it up. I refused to accept that this was a figment of my very vivid imagination and went directly to our security office and asked the security guard to play back the footage from that area. So he did and much to my dismay, I had been the only one to use that bathroom since the building opened for the day.

I know that what I saw was real. As real as I sit here and reiterate this experience. For obvious reasons, my colleagues found no truth in my experience. I have only seen her once since that first encounter. It was a few months after, that I had dreamt of her. The dream was crystal clear and she introduced herself as Lady "V" and thanked me kindly for taking notice of her as no one has ever paid much attention to her before. I remember waking up and the name Lady "V" resounding in my head.

For whatever reason, I chose not to share this dream with anyone until today. Who was she? Where did she come from? And why me? I felt no malice or negativity from her. I would love to hear what you guys have to share regarding what this encounter could have been? It has been 7 years since that first encounter with Lady "V" and to this day I still wonder due to these unanswered questions.

I look forward to all your comments, advice and yes, even your honest opinions, as I am open to everything.

Thank you for reading my first post and I have many more experiences to share in the future.

Blessed be

Other hauntings by RoMaNzQ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoMaNzQ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
You guys give me too much credit. I'm ocd and messing up my schedule is just scarier than a haunted shower room. 😉

I agree that your experience sounds like a residual haunting. From your description, she sounds very sad. That emotion could have provided the energy needed to create a recording.
VermontVampyre (2 stories) (64 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
If that were me I'd never use that particular restroom again XD. That goes double for elfstone's comment. Elfstone is one brave cookie. I'd play dirty hobo until I found another shower room or wait until someone was available to wait in the room while I showered XD
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Elfstone: that must have been some shower 😲lol...

Val: Thank you... Yes that explains it perfectly 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
A residual haunting is like a recording of the past, that just keeps repeating itself. An intelligent haunting is where the spirit is aware of you and interacts. Hope that helps.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Hi all 😁,

Thank you for your comments and the answers to all of the questions are as follows:

Miracles: Unfortunately I resigned and that department closed down about 8 months after I left. The building was then left empty. I no longer live in Gauteng so I am not sure whether the building still exists or if it is occupied. I can tell you though that the building was very creepy, old and sort of musty. Always had a very foul smell which cleaners could never trace. Sometimes the smell would come from the ground floor offices and then from the 2nd floor office space but never resigned to just a single spot.

RedWolf/BadJuJu/Val: Thank you for your input. If memory serves me right, Lady V was light skinned (pale almost), dark hair (shoulder length), her head was slightly hung so seeing her face was not possible, but from the side view, she had very quaint features, not harsh looking, but she just looked very sad. As far as her clothing goes, I just remember a brown long sleeved dress. She looked pretty much very normal 🤔

BadJuJu: The name Lady V came from the dream I had of her some time after that first encounter with her. She introduced herself as Lady V and it is about all I remembered when I awoke.

Can you guys please explain to me what a residual haunting is and the other types of hauntings that would be possibilities in this situation...
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Since Lady 'V', made no response to you at all, I tend to think residual. But as pointed out by Miracles and Red, with so little information it's difficult to make any statement with any certainty.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
The experience in the bathroom sounds residual, considering that she never acknowledged you in any way. Residual haunts are fascinating to me, as they aren't a "haunt" in the sense of a ghost actually being there. A residual is just a moment captured in time, replayed at a future date. The subject of the residual can be alive and well at the time of the replay.
As to the dream, well, dreams are symbolic. Sometimes they are communication from a deceased individual, usually they are just dreams. What did the dream mean to you? As a symbol, what did this woman represent to you? Does the name "Lady V" hold any significance to you? Dreams are the subconscious attempting to communicate with the conscious, but it's a tricky communication. The subconscious works in symbols, the conscious works in logic, so trying to reconcile the two can be frustrating.
Interesting experience.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Miracles51031 is right with such little information it's darn near impossible to say who or what Lady V was. With 7 years passing if this lady worked there she probably would be forgotten
I know that construction companies have started using reclaimed /recycled parts to keep their costs down more and more over the past 25 or so years. Silly as it sounds but maybe her soul is tied to something such as the tile or something else used in that bathroom. You never know stranger things have happened.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
RoMaNzQ - you said it's been 7 years since your first encounter with Lady "V". Any chance you still work there? If not, is there any way you could find out any information about former employees? I'm guessing she was someone who was either worked in that building, or a building that used to be there. You never gave a description of her, just Lady "V", so limited information can have us guessing pretty much anything and everything about her 😆 As I'm already doing 😉
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
I think a bathroom is an odd place for a ghost and I can't imagine what they'd be doing in there, but I don't doubt your story. When I was a senior in college I followed a girl in a blue bathrobe into a shower room that had only one door, only to find the room empty when I got inside. (Let me tell you: that was the fastest shower *I* ever took! 😆)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: