You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The House

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The House

 

I recently submitted my horrifying experience of sleep paralysis. Initially I believed that it was sleep paralysis and even my friends and family told me so. But then I had the following two experiences and I was not too convinced, and thought that maybe all three experiences were interconnected somehow. But I have received lots of advice since the first post and I think now that there was nothing paranormal about the sleep paralysis. Damn... This is confusing. Anyway, here are the other two, I had penned these down a week ago, but did not post as submissions were closed. Here goes...

The second instance happened after about a month from the first one. I was pulling an all nighter in my room as I had a mock exam the next day. Again it was 3, maybe 4 am in the morning. I heard a car passing by on the road below and maybe someone hit the brakes as there was a loud screech of tyres rubbing against the road. Suddenly, there was an ear piercing shriek and it seemed to come from the road below. It was definitely a woman. I covered my ears and rushed to the drawing room door to check out what was happening. I thought that all the neighbours would be up because of the commotion. The shrieking stopped just as I was about to reach the door and I heard the doors of the car being banged shut. I went to the balcony, it was really quiet and eerie. I could not believe my eyes. It was very peaceful in the neighbourhoood and not a single person could be seen. I never heard the car drive away. And not a single person got up because of the loud shrieks? I tried brushing this off as a fragment of my imagination but I could not. It was all too real. I just went back to my room and slept.

The third time I had an experience, I almost fainted due to fear. I cannot explain the fear I felt then. All three instances happened to me during the night, but I can't put a finger on the reason for that. I woke up during the night and as is my habit, checked the time. I was relieved when I saw I still had a few hours of sleep left. I rolled over to face the entrance of the room in an attempt to sleep. At first I didn't notice her. I just noticed that the door was half open. It was very strange as I am sure I had locked it from the inside. I know it seems foolish but I had started locking the door after the SP. Then I saw her and it filled me with complete dread. It was a little girl, my best guess is 5 or 6 years old, peering from behind the door. She was leaning on the door and only her head was visible, the rest being blocked by the door. I had never seen her before. Her eyes... As soon as I looked into them I felt terrible. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things. She was still there. I slowly turned back and closed my eyes and held my sheets over as tightly as I could. Somehow I mustered up the courage and peered at the door again and she was still there. It was enough for me for one night.

"GO AWAY! GO AWAY!," I closed my eyes and shouted as loud as I could. I opened my eyes and again peered at the door. This time there was no one there but the door was still ajar, and also no one woke up. I pack a punch when I shout. Everybody should have been up. I was too scared to go out the door and wake my Mom. I just pulled my sheets up over my head and kept praying. This was the last experience.

Even though I don't live alone, but I am really scared. Believe me, I did not used to be scared because I guess I did not believe in this stuff. Goofing around in cemeteries in the middle of the night with friends, visiting alleged haunted places in Delhi, I did it all without thinking too much about it.

I will keep you posted if anything else happens. I know I don't explain things really good or in detail. Please let me know if someone wants to ask anything specific and I will try my best to answer.

Other hauntings by kunwarkh

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kunwarkh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Hey there! Possibly a haunting, but it doesn't seem to cause any harm, that's my best guess. However, I don't think anyone will like experiencing such stuff even if its harmless. I'm unsure about what help do you really need, but I would still like to advise you to get your house cleansed. Well that's about it, if there's anything else you need help with, let us know. God Bless. Thank you.
-Shady
kunwarkh (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Update:- I told my sister about these things and to my surprise even she had heard the exact same thing, a car stopping, woman screaming and it matched every tiny bit of detail. Even for her the noise stopped just as she was about to open the door.

Im guessing this was a residual haunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: