You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Experiences

 

My name is Lauren and I live in Utah. I am only 14 years old. I'm pretty sure my house is haunted.

One time when I was walking in to my mom's room I saw a shadowy figure. I'm not really sure if it was a man or a woman because this happened a couple of years ago and I don't remember all the details. I do remember gasping and closing my eyes and when I had opened them the thing was gone. Also sometimes when I am in my room at night trying to go to bed I hear footsteps in my room and also in the hallway. I have no idea who or what it is.

There have been many weird stories I've heard about my house. For example, my mom told me that one time when I was an infant and a babysitter was watching me and my siblings, the babysitter had seen an old man that fits the description of my mother's grandpa standing at the top of the stairs looking down at her. She got really scared and didn't go upstairs for the rest of the night. My mom's room is right next to the stairs by the way.

In 2012 my best friend Chelsea had passed away. This really hit me hard and I thought about her often. Usually I would sit on my swingset just thinking about her and cry. One time when my grandparents were visiting, my grandpa told me he had seen a shadowy figure walk into the backyard. When he wold me it scared me a lot because I had been back there thinking about Chelsea. Maybe it was her going back to comfort me? I'm not really sure.

There are other times when I have experienced things with her. One day I was walking down the hallway from my sister's room past my room to go downstairs. When I passed my bedroom I swear I saw the clothes that Chelsea was wearing when she was buried. I turned around and looked back into my room, but saw nothing. It's like she was standing right there in my doorway.

I'm pretty sure all of you are familiar with Ouija boards. My sister's friend brought one over and they decided to use it. They talked to a spirit named Kid who said he used to live in this house. I think my sister said he said he was murdered, but the details are a little fuzzy. Could he be who I am seeing? I am usually seeing something sitting on my mom's bed or in her room, but when I turn on the lights or blink they disappear.

I'm not the only one that says they have experienced paranormal things in my house, but I have experienced it the most. Do you think the dark figure I keep seeing is good? Is my best friend trying to protect me from it? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Redbombay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Once again, I find myself echoing BJJ's thoughts.
Judging a spirit by it's color, for me at any rate, would be like saying everyone of a certain race, nationality or religion is bad/lazy/add you own negative sentiment here. It's just illogical (and plain stupid in my book). Your gut reaction to a spirit is your best guide.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
My opinion is that your own instincts are your best indicator of who a ghost may be and what it's intentions are. What do you feel when you see this figure? You knew your friend, I would think you would recognize her spirit.
Alot of folks are of the opinion dark figures are negative, and that may be true sometimes. I think most of the dark shadow figures are recent ghosts who haven't quite gotten the knack of showing themselves. I believe a ghost is best judged by how it makes you feel, than what color it manifests as. Always go with your instincts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: