You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Have You Ever Seen a Ghost Sitting in a Restaurant?

Real Ghost Stories

Have You Ever Seen a Ghost Sitting in a Restaurant?

 

I went to my friend's house over the weekend to sleep over. My other friend was invited so we all went out to Ruby Tuesday's. We talked, ordered our food, went to the salad bar, and sat right back down. But in those five minutes when all of that happened, I could have sworn I saw someone that I saw recently like ten minutes ago.

I know, your thinking, "She probably just saw someone in a car who was happening to go to the same restaurant..." Hello, remember, this is a ghost experience!

Before we left my friend's house she showed me a picture of one of her uncles. He was maybe 90 or so. Looked pretty old. Sort of short and bald. So when we sat down at the table and was talking, I could see a man who looked exactly like her uncle at the table just few sections down. When we ordered our food, I looked at him again and saw him again but a little different. He looked see through. I wanted to point him out but I didn't want to say anything rude if it wasn't actually him. When we went up for the salad bar, I watched the ghostly man get up and walk over to my friend (she's the one who has the uncle). She hates salad so she just sat there. But the guy was sort of talking to her. She didn't know what he was saying, or even know that he was there. Then he sat at his seat again. When I sat down I looked over to see if he was there, but he vanished!

After we left I didn't see any more strange things. But 2 days later, I was on AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) my friend IMs me and says "Do you know my uncle?" I said no. She says "Oh, well, he died on Saturday. At night. He was about 90 and I haven't seen him in 3-4 years..." Although I was sad about her loss in the family, I was shocked!

Like I heard in many other stories about an occurrence like this, I still thought it was shocking!

Other hauntings by TryToFigureItAllOut

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TryToFigureItAllOut, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
i love the tale thank you for posting I agree you should tell your friend what you saw.

~Tora~
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello GhostTalker13, your friend's uncle, I feel, is trying to say goodbye and maybe senses that she still feels sorrowful due to his passing. It is always good to know that people you love are watching over you.

Excellent story GhostTalker13, and thank you for sharing it with us. I hope you will share more unworldly experiences with us, if you don't mind. God bless and deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-01)
Ghost Talker hi. Good story. I agree with Kim who told you that her uncle possibly has some unfinished business. Talk to her about it. She might know what he would have wanted to tell her or she might know if he needs something to be done before he trully finds peace. Help your friend help him.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
That is very strange. Apparently her uncle has some unfinished business with your friend, or he simply wanted to convey that he was crossing over and would be okay and resting now so she shouldn't worry.
If it is pressing that he communicatte, he will more than likely make himself known again.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
no, I didn't know if she would b upset, beacause she is the person I always tell when I c a ghost or post a story, but I dn't reli want to now because it's about her
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Good story! It seems there was something he wanted to tell his niece (your friend). Did you tell her what you saw at the restaurant?
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
Wow. Scary. That really is a shocking story! I guess it was a ghost. 😕 Wow. I don't know what else to say.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: