You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: I Still Don't Really Know What Or Why It Is

Real Ghost Stories

I Still Don't Really Know What Or Why It Is

 

It started when I was very very young, something like 4 or 5. Me and my family lived in this big old house in the city center of Gloucester. Everyone who ever entered that house always said something just did not feel right about it, as if someone was watching you.

My mum used to find me sitting in front of the wardrobe with both doors wide open and just talking to it. What always freaked her out was that all the clothes were drawn aside like curtains. Doors would open on their own or close when you're not looking. It was the reason we moved.

What my family still don't know is that whatever it was in the house moved out with us. Sometimes I will wake up in the night and see the this face in the corner of the room or near my bed.

Every house we have lived in since has not felt right. Footsteps outside the door, shadows passing by, cold flushes despite having the heating on full wack. I really do believe that whatever was in the first house has attached itself to me. It has never attacked me directly, although it has been known for my stuff to relocate itself.

There was one night in 2007 or 2008 on Christmas night when my pillow was pulled from under me, it flew at least 5 feet and hit the wall.

There was one occasion in 2009 where my mother was asleep upstairs, I was sat in the living room on my laptop. I could feel something in the room, 10 minutes later my mum comes rushing downstairs saying someone said my name in her ear as she slept. This is like 16 years later and it's still with me, in some pictures you can see the face, or mostly an orb.

During a stretch of time in prison, one of the officers said that he thought he saw someone else standing in my cell in the night, but as he activated the emergency check light he realised no one was there. Other inmates would not go near my cell because some of them got cold rushes if they looked through the spyhole. When I moved cell, the new occupant reported a demon attack in the night, he said he woke up and felt like some one was pinning him to the bed by his wrists and ankles. This lead to the Chaplin conducting prays in the cell, I don't really know if the two things are linked, but it is a bit of a coincidence is it not?

What makes the whole thing more creepy and real to me, is the fact that other people have seen shadows near me. Like when you think you see someone in the corner of your eye, but when you look it is gone. But ironically I have grew up with it, so to me it is like a sense of normality because it's never hurt me. But I can tell you this, when I wake up in the night and still see that face in the room it still sends a chill that can't be described down my spine, and keeps me awake for many hours.

It is your choice as to if you believe in this story or not, but it is as they say... Seeing is believing and I see this thing almost daily.

Other hauntings by Orpeus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Orpeus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
I believe your story. I love it, if this thing has never harmed you you have nothing to worry about.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Orepus, here's a thought: maybe you should set a recorder for while you sleep. Your side of the 'conversation' might provide some clues.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hello Orpeus, your experience is quite creepy. I concur with what Val said, if positive and protective energies attach themselves to you, so also negative ones. Still I would like to see the pictures. As you promised, try to get hold of them from one of your friends and post it.

But don't feel scared as it would feed the negative or evil entities. Be bold and brave. Maintain a journal and that is more important. It might give you some clues.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Valkricry - well, the energy feels neither good or evil, the best way for me to describe it is like... You know that feeling you get when your being watched. That prolonged silent anticipation? That's what it feels like around me. As if it is just watching and waiting for something. As for talking to it, even now mt family hear me talking in my sleep, as if some one is talking to me... So I guess I could already be doing so? I have no idea what it wants or why
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Orpeus, OK... THAT is extremely creepy. I don't see why something could not have attached itself to you at an early age and remained. We seem to be ok with it when it comes to 'protective' energies, so I would assume a negative one could as well.
Curious: have you ever tried to communicate with this thing? Obviously as a child you did (the wardrobe incident tells me so.) But I mean down through the years, asking if there was something it needed from you or what it wants?
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
they were on an old facebook account that was deleted, a friend or two might still have one. Il try to get hold of one if possible
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Interesting and creepy story.
Would it be possible for you to post some of those pictures?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: