You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting: Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting: Part 2

 

After hearing footsteps and seeing that black shadow in early March 2010 it got quiet around my home. Everything seemed normal again and felt normal too. I convinced myself that my eyes and ears were playing tricks on me and that I wasn't being logical. I continued to sleep in my son's room with no problem.

Now it's the early part of June. It was the first Sunday in the month and very warm outside. Around 9 am I sent my husband to the store to buy ice cream and my son and daughter went with him. I decided to lay out on my deck by the swimming pool for a while before going to work.

I'm lying on my stomach with my face turned to the right and I hear a clear word being spoken in my ear! It sounded like a man said "GOD" in a breathy whisper. I popped my head up and saw nothing. My nearest male neighbor lives across the road. I got up in a hurry and looked around the deck and no one was there. It was a sound I couldn't explain. I decided to leave the deck and go back to the house (the deck is unattached from the house). Before leaving I said out loud, "I just want you to know that I heard you." I just about ran to the house. My husband and kids came home a few minutes later and I didn't tell them what had happened. I felt like I was losing my mind and I didn't want to freak them out.

That night my husband and I decided to be intimate. Too much information I know, but it's relevant to this story. After we were intimate, I was getting comfortable in our bed to go to sleep. All of the lights and televisions were off in the house. My husband got up to get a drink in the kitchen. He came back into the bedroom and wanted to know what I was saying. I didn't say anything. He said he could hear people talking. That scared the hell out of me. He brushed it off as nothing and I tried too. We finally went to sleep around 11 pm. I woke up around 1 am to the sound of knocking on the crawl-space door. The crawl-space door is located under our bedroom. The knocking was loud. I woke up my husband and he heard it too. He looked out the window to see if it was windy and it wasn't. The noise wouldn't stop so he got up, got dressed and walked outside to see what it was. He got to the side of the house and yelled to me that he didn't see anything or hear anything. I could still hear it knocking while he said he couldn't hear it! I told him to come back into the house. When he came back into the bedroom the noise stopped. I had lived in this house for almost 5 years and had never heard that noise before and could not explain it.

By the end of June leading to December I would be touched, spoken to, interacting with this spirit and seeing his image in my living room. This spirit was so active that my 3 year old daughter became a believer in ghost at an early age. There's much more to this story. Stay tuned...

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
shhh_im_sleeping, Ok this haunting in your home is getting intense!
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
NORTHCOASTIE- thanks:)
Shhh_im_sleeping- it's no problemo:)
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
My apologies... I should have read all of the comments before commenting on your question nima 😊
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
nima: The door I'm referring to is the door on the side of the house that gives you access to under the house.
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Here's a completely random blog article I found which has a picture of a crawlspace, if you are that interested haha:

Http://www.kirsetinmorello.com/2008/12/no-no-i-said-acorn-not-akon/
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
O thanks, I get the picture now. Few horror flicks just popped in my head haha!
NorthCoastie (4 stories) (72 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Crawlspaces are pretty much the most terrifying places in the world. The largest spiders I have ever seen outside of a zoo or pet store have been in crawlspaces.
stephyw2001 (3 stories) (18 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
A crawl space is when you don't have a basement, but literally a space under your house where you can get on all fours and "Crawl" to get to plumbing, furnaces, wiring or whatever else is under your house. I used to have one in a previous house. Usually the door to the crawlspace is outside the house.
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
sorry I meant Please note* that I'm not from the west so am not familiar with the architecture western houses.
Thanks.
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
I have never heard of something called a 'crawl-space door', could you describe it please?
Please not that I'm not from the west so am not familiar with the architecture western houses.
Thanks.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: