You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting: Part 4

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting: Part 4

 

It's Saturday, August 28, 2010. My husband and son decided to go to MD and spend the night working on his parents' home with his brother. I worked from 9-5 that day and my husband's aunt was baby-sitting my daughter. I went to her house after work and picked up my daughter.

She fell asleep on the couch around 8:30 pm. I turned the TV off in the living room but left the kitchen light on for her. I had my bedroom light on and was sitting on my bed playing with my laptop with the TV off. From where I was sitting I could see directly into the living room. Everything was quiet and calm until around 10:30 pm when something in the living room caught my attention. It was an apparition of a man!

Standing in front of the wall facing towards me was a figure. A light greyish transparent figure. I could not see a face. All I saw was from the neck down. From where he was standing he looked to be about 5'8" or a little taller. He had no shirt on because the kitchen light was reflecting off of his collar bone. He had on a pair of blue-jeans and boots. For some reason the belt on his jeans stood out. I stared at this image for what felt like forever trying to figure out what I was seeing. I said to myself, "That's an arm." Then I yelled out loud, "That's an arm!" and right then the apparition dissipated. I was stunned! I was scared! My first reaction was to run out into the living room and check on my daughter. She was fine. I kept replaying in my head what I had just seen. I honestly felt like I was losing my mind.

Around 12 am I was dead tired. I knew I had to go to sleep but I was so afraid. I dug up some courage to go lay down in my daughter's room. I kept saying to myself, "Get a grip! Your imagination is getting to the best of you!". I laid down in my daughter's bed and turned towards the wall with my back towards the door. Within a minute of turning towards the wall I felt "something" touch the back of my neck! It felt like an index finger poked the back of my neck! I ran out of the room and back into the living room with my daughter. I turned on all of the lights in the house and stayed up until I finally fell asleep. I awoke the next morning and I was fine and my daughter was too.

I didn't tell my husband when he came home that day. I didn't want anyone in my family to know what I was experiencing. I honestly felt like I was going insane. That Monday I made another trip to see the spiritual healer I had seen before. I told her what happened. She said that I needed to get brave and have a talk with this spirit. I needed to let him know that he wasn't wanted. I couldn't do that! What if I made him mad and he retaliated on my family or myself! I was stuck between a rock and a hard place. The anxiety I felt outside of my home was now the feelings I got from within my home. I was living everyday in fear.

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

No comments yet, be the first! Please read our guidelines before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: