You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Haunting: Part 5

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting: Part 5

 

When I used to get home from work I would get a feeling of dread. I worried about this "spirit" in my house bothering me. My first real sighting of the apparition was on August 28, 2010. The next sighting was in mid-November.

The haunting in my home made me skittish. Skittish to the point that I was nervous to take baths, change my clothes and be intimate with my husband. I felt like I was being watched 24/7. One night in Nov., I was in my daughter's room laying down. My kids were asleep on the couches as usual. My husband came into the bedroom and wanted to fool around. I didn't want to. I told him that I felt like I was being watched. My husband wasn't giving up. He was still trying to get me in the mood.

I looked toward the living room while my husband was kissing on me and I saw what looked like a young man walking from the kitchen into the living room kind of leaning back looking at us in the bedroom. I saw this clear as day! This guy was slim with light hair that was a little long in the front (like the skateboarders wear their hair now). It was a quick glimpse but it looked like he didn't have a shirt on like the first man I saw. I am certain that this guy was the same guy from the last time. I freaked out and my husband thought I was just trying to get out of making love. He didn't understand what I was going through. We both went to our bedroom and went to sleep. I wasn't about to sleep in the bedroom by myself.

For the next month everything was quiet. It was Dec. 24, 2010. My family went to my parents' for Christmas Eve gift-giving. That was a tradition in our family. My mother was dying with colon cancer so I didn't want to burden her with my personal problems but she could see there was something wrong with me. When it was time to leave and go home I was in no hurry to go. Momma had always talked about the paranormal and was a firm believer. I told my Mom that night what was going on in my house. She said jokingly that she wasn't coming back to my house if it was haunted. She said, too, that if a spirit is bothering me that I needed to tell it to leave.

We got home around 10 pm and everyone went to bed. I went into my daughter's room and I said out loud, "I think you're a good person. You've never tried to hurt me or my kids but I'm afraid of you. I can't live in this home being afraid. It's hurting me to be afraid. For these reasons I need you to leave." I hurriedly went to my own bedroom and got into bed with my husband. I was scared of what might happen since I confronted this spirit.

I woke up the next morning on Christmas Day. The house felt different. It felt lighter. It felt like my home again. I wasn't scared. I felt like I had finally found peace.

There have been a few strange occurrences in my home since Dec. 24, 2010 but nowhere near as bad as it was. I feel that this spirit that I have named "Fernando" is now respecting my space and privacy and now I can live comfortably without fear.

Other hauntings by shhh_im_sleeping

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shhh_im_sleeping, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-16)
Thank you spiritwaiting. I haven't had anymore problems with this spirit. I think he's still around but he's respecting my space... Which is nice.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-15)
shhh_im_sleeping, Ok I have officially read all five parts. And it seemed Fernando really didn't know boundaries, and he may have just wanted to get your attention, since you were the one sensitive enough to know he was there. He didn't seem malevolent, or evil, just curious. I'm so glad you had enough courage to let him know to back off. Good going! Great stories.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Thanks zzsgranny 😊. I love this site for that reason. A lot of people are skeptical and judgemental and that's OK. Not everyone is open to the "other side". I enjoy sharing my stories because it helps me to deal with the paranormal and just maybe my stories will help someone who can relate to my experiences. Thanks for the support 😊.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
shhh_im_sleeping: I read all 5 parts before commenting also. I agree with Val, nothing seemed aggressive or malicious but it can be unnerving especially if you don't share your concerns and experiences. That's where this site comes in 😊. For many, it's the only place to go to share what's going on without being made to feel like you're a nut case 😆.

I'm glad your experiences have become a little easier to deal with. Just remember, there are a lot of great people here who, if nothing else, are available to listen. 😊
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Thank you Amihet and nima for your comments. The spirit in my home has settled down a lot. Every now and then I still see a dark shadow by the front door or walking towards the kitchen but he doesn't try to touch me or get my attention. I feel that we are able to share my home... With him respecting my space.

Since my Mom passed away in Jan. 2011 I stay with my Dad during the night. He's 79 years old and afraid to stay in his home alone (and he won't come live with me). I have never told my Dad about my paranormal experiences; even the experiences I have had in his home because I don't want him to be afraid or think I'm crazy. What's going on in his house is another story but he told me Saturday morning that he thinks his house is haunted. I wonder if spirits are following me and if the anxiety that I have is coming from spirits trying to connect with me? My Dad doesn't feel like he's in danger but he's noticing that the house doesn't feel the same.
nima (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
wow! I read all your 5 parts too, and it's a different kind of a story. Everything changed towards the end, I first thought this entity was out there to hurt you, looks like... There was something in the air that night when the stars were bright and it was Fernando.
Don't mind am just lightening up the mood. I wish you all the best for the coming years.
Amihet (5 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Shhh_im_sleeping:
I also read all of your 5 parts and my goodness what an ordeal. I can truly empathize with you feeling self-conscience in your own home due to this presence watching you. In my home I think it's my mother and it is unnerving especially during intimate moments. Kudos to you for having the courage to speak up, stand your ground because it is still your family home. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I would love to know as to what else has happened since then. I would just like to say that I was away for two months and I just got back last week so I have a lot of reading to do. Hi everyone and I am glad to be back. I will be sharing another experience that my husband and I had in our home prior to my leaving.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Thank you for your comment Valkricry 😊. I'm glad I spoke to him too. I feel much more comfortable at home 😊.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
shhh_im_sleeping,
Oh my... I read all 5 parts before commenting, although nothing stood out as 'bad', I totally get how such a thing could get the best of you. I certainly wouldn't want to feel watched 24/7, especially during intimate or private moments. Especially by something unseen. That would be very unnerving indeed! I'm so glad you finally worked up the nerve to speak up and that Fernando decided to respect your wishes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: