You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Ghostly Visitor, Or Past Life Experience - Two Year Old

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Visitor, Or Past Life Experience - Two Year Old

 

In July of 2012, my husband and our toddler son moved into a new house (new to us). I lived in the previous house for 12 years, and there were a few incidents there - a picture flying off the wall to reveal a hidden picture, an item of my Dad's that appeared just after he passed away, that kind of thing. My husband always jokes that he thinks I am a channeler.

Over the last year at the new house, there have been a few unexplained incidents - a faucet running, a radio turned on - that kind of thing, that may easily be explained away. However, since we moved into the house, my son will look past me and say "Who's that, Mommy?" One time, he woke up in the middle of the night and I went in to check on him, and he had a couple of drops of water on his head, and face, but there was no leak in the ceiling and no place that it could have come from.

There was a time that his older sister, who was visiting from out of state, heard him talking while scooting down the stairs - saying "Don't push me! Stop pulling my toes!"

And most recently was an incident yesterday afternoon, when he was supposed to be napping. He was in his room for about an hour, chatting away with his stuffed animals, and I went in to rock him and get him to fall asleep. He launched into a story (he is two) about how he was swimming in deep water, and he went under and his eyeballs broke off and floated away. And then his finger broke off, and floated away. And then he patted my arm and said, "But it's okay, Mommy, don't worry about it". I said "Oh, you should swim in shallow water!" and he replied "No, Daddy said to swim in deep water, but don't worry about it, Mommy". He also has mentioned his 'brother' several times, and he doesn't have a brother. I am pretty sure that he doesn't know what a brother is, and I KNOW that he doesn't know what deep or shallow water is. He also sometimes will ask, "Where'd the boy go?" But, he can't tell me what boy...

I guess I am just wondering if anyone has had any experiences like this with a toddler, and how to tell what is their imagination versus something else? I never felt uneasy at our old house, but since we moved I always feel unsettled and don't like being home alone. I'm not sure if I am just being paranoid, or if there are questions I should ask my son.

Sometimes, when he asks, "Who is that?" I just say, "It's Grandpa", and then I hope really hard that it IS his Grandpa and not something scary. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Leniford2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elizabeth62 (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-21)
I'm sorry but I think that your son has met a boy who was drowned and never found. And the ghost boy discovered that your son could see and interact with him. The boy was letting his story be told.
ghostinsidemychild (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
Hi Leni-
My name is Sandra. I work on a TV show about reincarnated children, and your experience sounds like many of the stories we ahve worked with on our show ("Ghost Inside My Child") We have a forum on our facebook page where people post their stories about their children, this might help you. Check it out- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ghost-Inside-My-Child/518539941522843
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-08)
This sounds like a past life experience. Like children being able to see ghost they sometimes can remember things that happened to them in a past life. Get what details you can while he is still young and then see if you can find out anything through archives to substantiate his stories.

This does sound kind of like a combination of a haunting/protection even as well as a past life. They may be connected so I suggest you keep notes in order to separate them out.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Leniford, if it were something scary, I'm sure your son would leave no doubt about it. You might try asking him to describe the boy, what his brother's name is, and questions along that line, as elf suggested.
You might start keeping a journal or log of the questions and answers, as well as any activity you notice. In this manner you can cross reference his answers. You might also conduct some research into the house.
I do have a question for you. I don't mean to cause any hurt or stir up any unpleasant memories, or seem insensitive, but did you ever miscarry a child? If so, I might have a theory.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
Well, it's not uncommon for small children to retain past life memories. In fact, that's where the best evidence for reincarnation comes from. (Most "memories" produced under hypnosis don't stand up well under scrutiny.)

Try asking him questions, like what's his brother's name and where did he go swimming? The only way to tell if it's fact rather than imagination is to come up with facts that can be checked.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: