You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ramada Inn, Bangor, Me Room 103 And 203

Real Ghost Stories

Ramada Inn, Bangor, Me Room 103 And 203

 

I am 44 years old and don't consider myself a big "Ghost" believer if at all. In July, 2013 I had to take a trip to Bangor, ME, on business

Around 4:00PM I checked into the Ramada Bangor. The hotel has that 1980's opulence and I was given room 103.

I stay in a hotel about 30-40 times a year, but upon entering this room, I felt as though I was being watched. I have never had such a feeling before in a hotel. It got so disturbing that after a few minutes, I began to shut my curtains and check closets for anyone. Thinking that I was just paranoid, I got busy working and stared to make calls.

4:35PM. While on the phone, my toilet exploded from the top, water started to rush out of the top and all over the bathroom. I hang up the phone and called the front desk. The maintenance man also never saw anything like this as there is a relief value. I heard no water prior.

4:50PM. Moved directly upstairs to room 203. Still felt like I was being watched and checked room again.

9:40 PM. I sleep with TV on. Earlier I had no problem lowering the volume, but now on 1, the sound went to 50 forcing me to turn off TV.

11:00PM Hear footsteps on roof (just walking back and forth to my room).

11:45PM. Barely drowsy, my blanket was somehow taken off of me and ended up at the end of the bed.

1:07AM. While again trying to go to bed, I was touched.

Now freaked out. Not scared but felt a presence just trying to annoy me, I sat in the hotel chair with my back to the wall, and waited for daylight, to leave.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JVol365, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

melpat01 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
JVol,You Are One Brave Soul! I would've left the room and hung out at the lobby until daybreak. I love these stories and I believe there are spirits amongst us. I have never had the pleasure (?) of a personal experience except maybe dreaming about people that already passed away. But let me tell you, if anything like this happened to me, no wall can stop me!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
JVol,
Well, it certainly sounds like something/someone was trying to get your attention. Kudos, that you had the presence of mind to record the times of these events. I'm not too sure many would have.
B4Freya (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
I, too, travel often, but have never experienced anything like what you mentioned. It disturbed me so much to read about your experience that I felt compelled to do an online search using search terms ramada, bangor, maine, and death. Almost immediately I found an article about a woman who'd been staying at that Ramada for business in 1995. She was murdered, and her body found near (but not in) that hotel. Her killer was killed in prison--he was beaten to death in 2011, and his death is actually what prompted the article to be written. Here is the article: http://www.sunjournal.com/state/story/1041398 I wonder if it's the ghost of the killer rather than his victim, and he's continuing to haunt a hotel that he'd "haunted" in life?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: