You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Pillows And The Voice

Real Ghost Stories

The Pillows And The Voice

 

when I was 11, my Father's uncle passed, and my grandfather did not want anything to do with my uncle's house. He ended up giving it to my parents as a gift. The house was very run down and a lot of work needed to be done, but once the work was done on the main house in historic Midvale, we got to move in!

About a week after we moved in, we were doing some work in the cellar and found a dirt hole that lead up under the back yard. My dad, being a bigger man, asked me to climb up there and see what was there. At the end of the tunnel, I found an old garbage bag buried under the house. I could not get it out though and we decide to leave it.

That's when things started happening... One night I was lying in bed and saw what looked like a shadow slowly float from the foot of my bed to the door for the kitchen. My brother and I shared a room so I figured it was him playing a trick on me. I got out of bed to yell at him but he was sound asleep on the top bunk... I looked around and the shadow was gone.

We started hearing disembodied voices, female and child cries, and a lot of shadows that could not be explained. We would always tell my parents but they blew it off as nonsense. And soon things stopped for a while.

When I turned 16 my parents decided to go on a vacation and leave us kids at home. I was more than happy to babysit! I remember this like it was yesterday.

My parents left on a Friday morning and us kids were given strict instructions of no friends. I had gotten home from school and was sitting in the kitchen doing home work when I started hearing laughing from the back yard. Thinking it was my brother and sister, I went outside to remind them that no friends should be over. As I stepped out from the back door, there was no one there... I searched the whole yard and nothing. I went back in the house and thought it was my imagination.

The next morning I was woken by laughing again and thought that my siblings were up. I looked at my clock and it was only 6:30 am. I could hear the TV on in the front room so I got up to find my brother fast asleep in his room. I went into my sister's room and she also was asleep. I turned and went to the front room to find all the couch pillows stacked up in the middle of the room and the TV was on. I went to pillows to pick them up and they were ice cold. I ran back to bed and stayed there until my brother and sister were awake. There are a lot of different things that happened... None I will repeat here.

After doing research on the house and my uncle I have found that my uncle and his wife had 3 babies. Two were stillborn and one died at the age of 6 when he was hit by a car just down the street from the house. I believe it is this child that is still in my parents' house.

My parents still live there but to this day I have a hard time going over there to visit.

Other hauntings by dsilcox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dsilcox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dsilcox (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
Sorry it took so long to post. I agree that they need to get the bag out of there, but my parents have since sealed the hole and you can not get to it anymore. We did some EVP and found out there is 2 children one named Jimmy and a girl name Martha. No records can be found about any children in the home by these names. Still doing research... They are not hurtful. They like to play. My mom and dad are kind of freaked but say they won't move.
Jane_Doe1121 (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-08-16)
I completely agree, get rid of that bag man 😕 really creepy how it started when you found it under the place
lostghostgal (69 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
You could use something like Shovel or sort of long hook things to reach under the house to get the bag plus You might want to get a police or law you never know it's might be a body that you made have heard a laugh and pillow stack up on the floor front of the tv so I think it might be that child's bone in that bag. Won't go to light until it's burid in cemetery with grave stone.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
You should get your parents to get a gardener or someone to pull the bag out and dispose of it 😐
UnicornAnonymous (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
I wouldn't open that bag if I was you😜

UnicornAnonymous (Ash)
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-10-27)
have you tried to open the bag? Or at least try to feel what is in it?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: