You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Blue Skirt

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Skirt

 

It has been a while since I last posted a story. Many things have happened in the past years but being too busy I have hardly had any time to post any of my experiences. Sorry about that.

One of the prime things that has kept me busy is all the shifting I have done. I recently moved from my parents' house and am living with my big brother at a rented room. I don't say an apartment because we have rented only one room at the topmost floor and not an entire apartment with many rooms. We have done this so we could be closer to our respective colleges and save the time and energy we would waste had we lived at our parents' house. Anyhoo. In the first paragraph I will give you the layout of our floor so you have a better idea

Our building is not in a crowded area, it has its fair share of neighbors around but it is not suffocating with houses all around. It has about 5 floors and we lived in the topmost one. Our single room was actually paced on the terrace itself on the 5th floor. After climbing two flights of stairs from the fourth floor, there was two sets of stairs going in opposite directions into two rooms. The 5th floor had only those two rooms. We had to take the stair on the right hand side to reach our room.

In front of our room we had a narrow and long corridor also which was visible from inside our room and we had to pass this corridor to reach the terrace, so if anyone did go to the terrace we would see them clearly. Our bed was placed opposite to the door so we had a constant eye on the corridor. The toilet was side by side with the room but it was not attached to the room. We had to go out and enter the toilet from other side.

My brother, for our safety, had also placed a chain gate at the end of the stair whose key only we had. Our opposite room neighbors were a couple of college girls. Whew sorry for the lengthy description.

Now I go to the story. There are many so each paragraph is a new story but of the same ghost in chronological order.

One night I had come to the room from college earlier than my brother so I was home alone, It was around 6 pm and it was getting dark. I am a scaredy cat and was not too keen to be home alone; however, I did not let this fact ruin my mood. I prepared a lunch in the attached kitchen and took the lunch in my bed while watching some TV. I was busy munching away on my snack when, from the corner of my eye, I saw a girl wearing blue colored material run towards the terrace. Thinking she was some new tenant I did not know of I kept on watching the TV. Then seconds later I remembered I had locked the chain gate myself and there was no way for anyone to enter without me or my brother opening the door. Thinking some intruder had came I ran towards the terrace but upon reaching there I found no one around. I knew I had seen someone and it was not a trick of my eye. I ran back inside my room and locked the doors until my brother came. He is a skeptic and I knew he would not believe me so I didn't mention anything to him.

The next incident happened with my brother. Since both of us are students we study late until night and sleep quite late. That night we slept around 12 am. Since it is a small room we sleep in the same bed. I sleep towards the wall while my brother sleeps beside me. We had closed all the curtains and the windows had no glass in them. They were made of wood and were quite thick and the places where the glass should have been are also covered with wood making it quite impossible for bright sunlight to enter. So this night I slept like a log; however, my brother who is a light sleeper was constantly kept awake by a knocking sound on the window. The knock would move from the window to the door and back again. This irritated my brother no bounds. Since no sunlight would enter in the morning from the closed windows he thought it was around 5 in the morning and maybe the milkman had come to deliver the milk. In his sleepy state he forgot how the milkman could not enter inside the chain gates since they were locked and every morning would ring a bell to wake us up. Anyway, my brother got up from the bed and washes his face with water all the while the knocking continues. He then opens the wooden door of our room. Outside he sees a young girl. She is facing away from my brother and is leaning on the wall. She is wearing blue skirt and a white shirt and has long black flowing hair as explained to me by my brother later. Feeling confused after not finding the milkman, my brother goes on to speak with this girl. This is when she disappears into thin air. My brother freaks out and quickly closes the door. He looks at the time and its around 2:45 am (cliche) he shakes me awake and explains to me what happened. The entire night we huddled together and spent the night watching TV.

The third incident happened with both of us. We were out shopping and came home around 8 in the evening. We went inside the chain gates and tried to open the wooden door leading to our room. My brother pushed the door but it would not budge open. He checked the locks and pushed again yet it would not budge. I locked it then unlocked it and then both of us pushed. The door opened a crack but shut again as if someone pushed it from the other side. We tried again and again the same thing happened. It would open a crack and a pressure would be felt from the other side and it would shut again. This happened a couple of times. My brother, thinking he had left the ac on and it had created a vacuum inside the room, started getting worried. We then got irritated and pushed at the door with all of our might but this time it opened without any effort and we nearly fell on our faces. After regaining my balance, I stood up and I felt a harsh push from an unknown force and I felt someone brush past me, but I could not see anyone. On entering the room we found the ac to be off.

(Sorry for the length) The fourth incident happened with me. I have a mild migraine and whenever it acts up my doctor has recommended me to take fresh breaths of air in such conditions. One night while studying until late for an upcoming exam my migraine started acting up. My brother was already asleep so I planned to take a walk in the terrace for a while to clear my mind. I stepped out of my room and turned on the terrace lights. While stepping out of my room I had a feeling in my heart. I started panicking for no reason and my sixth sense told me not to get out of the room. However, I did not listen to my inner voice screaming me to stay inside since my head felt like it was on fire. I moved out in the terrace and started walking for a while. I was walking around when, from the corner of my eyes, I saw a person sitting on the ledge of the terrace. I looked that way and saw the same girl wearing the same clothes. She was sitting on the ledge facing away from me dangling her legs outside the terrace; however, this time she did not disappear into thin air. I looked at her for a good 30 seconds then I started shivering. I was too shocked to react at that time and when realization set in I let out a blood curdling scream. Hearing me scream, the girl looked towards me and let out a childish giggle and then jumped off the ledge. My brother also came out of the room running towards me. A few neighbors woke up and peered at me from their rooms. My brother took me inside and gave me a hot chocolate to calm me down since I was in hysterics. This was the first time I had seen her face. It was not a creepy face. It was a normal persons face with no scar or whatever, but the way she giggled gives me goose bumps to this day.

This is the last occurrence and it also happened to me. I was reading a novel until late night. My brother was also awake at that time and was watching some TV. We were just spending away some time when I had the urge to pee. Since the toilet was outside, I was scared to go at night but could not hold it in any longer. I planned to make a quick dart to the toilet avoiding the terrace. I came out of the room and ran towards the toilet. While running I felt something standing in front of me and I stopped dead on my tracks. I looked up and there was the girl wearing all her usual clothes. She was a few feet in front of me. She was about 14 and had long hair which was kept loose. She was smiling up at me in a childish manner. She was smiling an innocent smile and not a creepy one, yet I got scared and slowly backed out towards my room all the while I kept an eye on her. She did not react, she did not move from her place. She just kept on smiling at me in her innocent manner. I darted inside the room and told my brother. He ran outside quickly with me following closely behind, but she was nowhere to be seen. I went forward and found a large quantity of oil spilled at the place where I had seen her only minutes ago. I checked all the possible explanation for the oil but I could not find anything.

These incidents has me a lot confused and a little scared so I want all of your views towards it. And sorry again for the length. I am still living at the house and will keep you updated.

Other hauntings by Rustedsoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rustedsoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

HADDI (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-14)
Dear rustedsoul,

Is she still there? Or something has happened? Keep us updated.

-Haddi
migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Hello rustedsoul I read your story about this ghost girl.
Can you send me pictures of the terrace when you last
Seen this ghost girl. I appreciated a lot. That your brother
Also saw this same ghost. Creepy but real.
dreamy_bird (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
i don't really know about this a lot but there might be her bones lying around somewhere near the house... So maybe you can dig it up and burn.it.
goku8080 (2 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-14)
the answer that you are searching lies within your stories mr.rustedsouls...welll well well... Just try to read slowly your own story first...
cutiepie11 (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Sorry for mentioning wrong username in the comment below, the comment was for Rustedsoul
cutiepie11 (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-27)
Hi STARCHiCC14 I think you are brave enough to confront such a scary situation and I would suggest you to wear a pendant of God of your religion and recall God's name if you face the girl again, maybe it will help you.
tom_13 (3 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-04-24)
Dude is that girl still bothering you? If so you need to be careful. Spirit of children and young people usually pass over to other world. They don't stay in this world. And as you can see her solid, this means she is a powerful spirit or demon. Most of the ghost are not powerfull enough for that. MY advise to you is if you keep on seeing her, move out of that place and even then if you keep on seeing her, call a powerful priest and a real one. Most of the priest nowdays don't know what they are doing and only make the spirit angry.
Best wishes
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-19)
Dear STARRCHiCC14
I finally got hold of the landlord again (this took time beacause the landlords visit only twice or thrice a year just to see the condition the tenants have kept the room in) Anyway. This time I got hold of him and asked him about the ghost girl because now a days she has started to bother my brother more than me. So when I asked the landlord he said that once there was this cleaner he had hired for this house about 10-15 years ago and this cleaner boy had a girlfriend from the opposite house... The girl and this cleaner boy always use to come to the roof and spend time. Then one day this girl got pregnant from the boy. The girl was of a reputed family and her father could not approve of this relationship so upon finding out about the pregnancy he bought the girl to the roof and burnt her infront of her lover. I don't really know how authentic this explanation really is... He might have just said it to get me off of his back or it might be true also. I also asked him if previous tenants had reported something to which he denied it!
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-10)
Well, we really don't know why. Maybe he's hiding something?

By the way, have you seen the ghost girl again?
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Dear starrch,
Might be so... But why hide it from me? He should've told me when I inquired about it ๐Ÿ˜•
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
RUSTEDSOUL'
Sounds like the owner knows something about the ghost girl. What do you think? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
Dear battlescars,
As I said I live in the 5th floor there is quite a distance down the ledge... Thank you very much! ๐Ÿ˜Š I am trying to research as much as I can... Her dress up does not represent any era of any sort... She wears a navy blue skirt that has faded quite much and a white plain full shirt... She let's her hair flow and its jet black... She is not a kind of misty apparition... She is as solid as me or you but fades away gradually!
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
Dear sds,
I am researching as best as I can but no one else seems to have encountered her... Once I met with the owner of the house and asked her about the girl... The owner just went pale and begged me not to tell other tenants about the ghost girl for his house could get cleared off of tenants in one day... So I have stopped asking the neighbours and alerting them of her presence... I will keep you all updated for sure... ๐Ÿ˜
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Hey Rustedsoul...

In your story, you said she jumped off the ledge, was there a distance down from the ledge?

Pretty interesting story, like as everyone says; research the building history, the date of the building. Can you also recognise the clothing style of clothes that the girl is wearing, if you can tell what era or time of the clothing it will be easy for you to find the history of the building.

Try libraries, birth/deaths records centre, police, or the real estate agents.

Best of Luck!

BattleScars
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Hello Rustedsoul, I go with others. Perhaps she must have lived, played and died there. I don't think she is not harmful. But you can ask your neighbours or other tenants, who lived there for quite some time, I mean, before you came to this place. They could throw more light on this issue. Yes, you can communicate with the spirit to lead her to light.

Before trying to communicate to the spirit, try to investigate and try to find out as much as possible about the spirit.

Well, I feel that the spirit of the child doesn't know that she passed on. Try to speak in a calm and polite manner to the spirit. You can request the spirit not to startle you and not to disturb your privacy. It will definitely help. After one or two occasions spread over a week of communication, you can slowly tell the spirit that it had passed on, if you have such an information on your investigation or even otherwise and you can say that it has to go to the light. You can even direct it to go to light.

Keep us informed of the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Dear Amie_16
I sure will try to find the history... I thought so too... But I want to know how she died and why has she targeted me and my brother to show herself because when I asked my neighbours they told that the previous tenants had not reported any problems... Thank you very much for remedy... I will try it out! ๐Ÿ˜ and tell you the results! ๐Ÿ˜Š
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Find the history of your place maybe that girl died over there in that particular outfit and is haunting that place. Oh and I have some cure for your migraine, put your hands and feet in warm water and put a frozen pea packet on the back of your head so you don't need to go to the terrace at night. It helps reducing the pain. I read it on the internet (:
Nice story
Regards (:
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
I will try my best to go into research! I too hope there is because in my heart I know she means no harm to me or my brother... She may be asking me for help and I would be glad to help her... If I do find something I will keep you all updated ๐Ÿ˜
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
That is amazing! Definetly go with research like Starr suggested. Is there something in your tradition that you can do to help child souls to the light? I'll bet you're hoping there is! ๐Ÿ˜† Thank you for the story.
Rustedsoul (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Dear STARRCHiCC14:
Yeah! She might have stayed there before us maybe... It is not quite possible to ask the owner because we live in a house where every room is rented and all of them are tenants... The owner never visits the place and sends another person to collect the rent fee every month... I will try my best to track down the owner or atleast search the history of the house... Thank you for commenting... ๐Ÿ˜
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Woah! You encountered this girl a lot. I think she's attached to the place or maybe she died there. Try asking the owner about the history of the place or do a research. Try asking your neighbor too. Who knows? You might get an info. Anyways, thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: