You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ding Dong

Real Ghost Stories

Ding Dong

 

As a kid, I lived in this townhouse that was built in possibly the 1970's. When I first moved in I was about 6 years old. I remember being excited since a townhouse is a major step from living in an apartment. Nothing seemed to happen though until I was 7.

It started with me having my friend overnight for a sleepover. We were in my mom's bed sleeping and had my toy crib in the room too. Suddenly we noticed that the crib was higher than what it normally was. I looked over and it was seriously like 5 centimetres off the ground. I called for my mom but by the time my mom got in the room, the crib was no longer in the air.

That was just the beginning. After that, the doorbell to my room would randomly go off on its own. No one would be upstairs and it would just go crazy. Even taking the batteries out, it still seemed to go off.

As I got older, old enough to babysit myself, I always felt nervous. I would always hear the front door opening and closing making me think my mom was home but when I checked, my mom wasn't home. I considered it to be hearing a door from the person beside me but it was just too loud to be coming from the other townhouses considering the doors were pretty much far apart.

I also always felt like I was being watched, like something was in the room watching what I was doing. Then things would always just move. I would put something down and when I would go back to get it not too long after, it would be in a completely different spot such as across the table. My mom wouldn't have moved it since she was nowhere near. My closet door would always open on its own which really creeped me out. I've always had anxiety over the door being opened, so it would always be closed.

Around the age of 12 I finally got a dog. I know that animals have these special senses so they can sense if someone else or something is around. One time my dog suddenly started to bark and growl viciously at this one area between the couch and the kitchen table. We had no idea what he was barking at but he seemed to be afraid of that one area. I picked him up and carried him to the spot to tell him nothing is wrong and he was acting terrified and the second I put him down he ran away scared.

I know for sure there was something in that townhouse because in my new house absolutely nothing has happened. Also, apparently one of my old neighbours moved away from the townhouse complex because they experienced similar things though they ended up coming back. My mom also told me that when she was moving in, she had an ashtray on the coffee table that suddenly flew across the room in mid air and just shattered long before hitting the ground.

I tried to research the history of the townhouse complex I lived in but found absolutely nothing.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tifftardis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
A friend of mine told me his son had a stuffed toy that played music. At random hours of the night, when the toy was sitting on the floor of the livingroom, the toy's music would go off. He removed the batteries. The music would play anyway, still at odd hours of the night. So he threw the toy away and bought his son a non-musical toy instead. XD

No idea what causes these things but I'd be pretty freaked out too!
ambeedale2013 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
The doorbell thing happened to my Great Grandmother she had a door bell on the front and back door of her house and the front doorbell would go off and by the time she got there the back was going off. She also saw the spirit of an old woman literally sweeping her floor. Spirts have a sense of humor... Good and bad.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
tifftardis, Ah! To me that makes total sense. When my kids were small and had a playroom, we decorated it like an apartment and even hung one of those battery doorbells on the door, so it seemed more like a playhouse than a room. Memories! 😁
tifftardis (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
The doorbell in my room was a kid thing! It wasn't an actual house doorbell. It was this little button attached to a chord and in the other side was a flower which played a doorbell sound whenever anyone pressed the button! Let's just say I didn't really keep it for long!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
A doorbell for a bedroom? Never heard of such a thing either. But it does make for an interesting add to the story.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
tifftardis,
First the suggestion:

There are two ways to go about searching the history of the house. First, if you go to your local city hall, I think for a price, you can find a lot of information about the house from them. Second, would be to contact the real estate agent that helped you find the townhouse because s/he can easily get the information you are looking for.

Second, the question:

I have never heard of door bells in from bedrooms. How did you get a door bell in from of your bedroom? Was your townhouse one of those places where each room was rented out before the whole house was rented or brought? I live in Canada also but never heard of such thing.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Apartment complexes have so much going on in them. An Indian woman I used to work for told me, in India her family just asumed moving into an apartment meant inviting people over for prayers. Thank you for the story.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
tifftardis: I just have one question: is it customary in Canada to have a door bell for bedrooms? I never heard of such a thing! 😊
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Nice story great naration it was really scary too keep it up!

Ghostlysmile

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: