You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Never In The Dark Again

Real Ghost Stories

Never In The Dark Again

 

This story happened in my apartment two years ago. Once I saw of this site and everyone was sharing their paranormal experiences, I figured I'd share mine too so here it is.

Two years ago, in my apartment in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (which is my hometown), I had just got done working a very exhausting day at my job. I came straight home to relax as always. I rarely get many visitors at my apartment but I didn't mind much as I was too much in love with having my own space anyway.

But anyway, when I go to sleep at night, I always turn EVERY light off in the house except my radio. Soft music helps me sleep well at night. Around 10pm, I heard someone quietly knocking at my door. I look only to hear children playing around; knocking on everyone's door. Damn kids, I finally go to bed around 11pm after brushing my teeth.

I turn all the lights out, turned on my radio and went to sleep. It's totally dark in my place now. I wasn't sleep for no longer than 30 minutes when I heard someone knocking on my door again. They weren't quiet knocks; they sounded a little more ominous and slow. So this time, I decide to get outta bed to see who it was. I look through the peephole and saw...no-one. I didn't hear kids playing around this time. I thought, "What the hell?" but I didn't think no more of it so I went back to bed. Usually when I hear knocking at my door at that time of night, my female best friend comes over but she was not at the door this time.

I woke up at almost 1 or 2am to go to the bathroom. I felt a little disoriented and sleepy but that's normal for me because that's telling me, "Dude, go back to sleep." I washed my hands, turned the bathroom light back off (it's pitch black in my house) and I go back to my bed. I didn't lay right away; I just sat there looking around in the dark, still sleepy. From out the corner of my eye, I see my comforter just kind of jumped a little bit and it... WRAPPED AROUND MY HEAD! And with that, I felt a firm pressure around my head like someone had me in a headlock. I shouted "HELP ME! HELP ME!" After a few seconds, the firm pressure around my head was gone and I just laying there, scared straight! I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night.

Did someone break in my apartment while I slept? It couldn't be. All my windows were locked. I never slept in the dark again after that horrifying experience. From then on until this day, I always slept with a faint dim light coming into my bedroom from the bathroom and dining room and it never happened again.

What do y'all make of this episode? Do you think what happened to me was real or am I just crazy?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SwiftThaGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

francyne1031 (49 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
Swift,
Wow what an experience! That being said, I know you stated that the comforter warped around your head, then you felt pressure. But my question is what did the pressure feel like? Just that, pressure?. Or more like hands? Also after it happened you heard nothing else in your home?
If that would have been me after it happened I would have searched the entire house. Lol. That is pretty intense for a paranormal experience. 😕
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Hi SwiftThaGhost, welcome to YGS. I have read your narrative more than 4 times a couple of days ago and again 3 or 4 times today. But, I find it difficult to categorise it as paranormal. I feel that you should elimiate the rational things before venturing into other aspects. I feel that your sleepy state might have given you such an impression as if someone's hand was wrapping around your head. It might be due to sleep and I don't think it is paranormal.

As far as the knockings on the door are concerned, you should observe it continuously if it recurs and that if they do, then you should investigate it further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Hahiha (28 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Well I had decided to read ghost stories for Halloween hoping to give me enough to be scared of and here we go, now I am even more cared of the dark.
Sanvi (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Hi I m from bangalore. Even same incident happened to me many times like this. Its just a negative energy. Nothing else. If we are positive then these negative energies won't appear on us.
And No when that happens we can't move or talk or call someone also. 😭
Femaelstrom (1 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
You're no more crazy than the rest of us. We're here because we've all --well, most of us-- have had experiences that we wish could be explained. Our brains scream for logic.

You're in good company on this site. Welcome! 😁
tallywally (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
something like that happened to me but I was laying down in my bed with my legs bent to the side and my arms just sitting on my thiys anyway I felt something holding my mouth shut and something holding my arms and legs down I tried screaming out this went on for about 5 minutes but I couldn't move at all. After a while it just cmpletly disaperd and I ranand turned my light on and there was no one or nothing in my room.
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
BadJuuJuu's question is a relevant one about sleep paralysis (I'm guessing). I can not bear a house that is completely dark. I feel so vulnerable. I usually have a few lights on in other rooms that cast a soft, unobtrusive glow.

Relating to that, this happened yesterday. I was in a friend's house and the house has very weird energy. There are many unexplainable apparitions and orbs. My friend keeps his house super dark because he has vision and migraine problems. I started to walk down the long, dark hallway to use the restroom but couldn't make myself for some reason. I turned around and retraced my steps to switch on the hall light. Immediately upon turning around I saw an apparition of mist standing directly in front of me! It was in the shape of a large man. I walked right through it. Light makes me brave lol!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Well, this may seem like a goofy question, but were you able to move when you felt the comforter wrap around your head?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: