You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Told Ya

Real Ghost Stories

Told Ya

 

If you see the title of my story, it is what my ex-wife's deceased grandfather told her after I proposed to her while we were still dating. It was Nov. 1999 and we were in love (or so we thought) and we started talking about getting engaged.

I went to search for the ring at several places, including the now defunct Service Merchandise. One night I had spent with her at her apartment and left around 10-10:30 p.m. Later that night, she went to the bathroom. She walked down her hallway when she noticed a light in front of her. She looked up and her grandfather, who had been dead since 1987, appeared to her in his burial clothes and said, "Don't worry. Everything's going to be all right for you!" A second after he spoke, he disappeared.

I came over the next day, along with the ring and proposed to her. She accepted and we enjoyed the first night as a newly engaged couple. I left that night in high spirits at about 11 p.m.

My new fiancee went to the bathroom later that night and saw her grandfather standing in the hallway again. He smiled and said "Told ya." Her grandfather then disappeared quick as a flash.

But alas the story didn't end well, for in the summer of 2009, we divorced. At the time we were enraptured in each other before we found out that we were totally incompatible.

This was not the first time her grandfather had been seen. In fact, the preceding Thanksgiving he had been seen by my ex-wife, her mother and her aunts. They then looked around and asked if anyone had seen grandpa at the head of the table where he used to sit while he was alive, which of course they all had.

Other hauntings by Pierman1964

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Pierman1964, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Pierman1964, well everything was alright for the time being. It's incredibly awesome she saw her grandfather and he came to reassure her, for whatever reason she had been worried. And then for him to come back and say "Told ya",it seems he had a great personality. Sorry to hear of the divorce, but things get better with time. Awesome story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: