You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Menacing Boy

Real Ghost Stories

The Menacing Boy

 

A little over a year ago my cousin, Kim, had moved into a rent house with her girlfriend, her two children and her girlfriend's two children. My cousin raised me most of my teenage life so I spent a lot of my time there. One night my boyfriend, my son and myself went over to Kim's house to spend the night while all four of their children were away and they had gone out to eat. I put my son, who was 2 years old at the time, in Kim's room to watch cartoons while I baked a pizza and conversed with my boyfriend, Blake, in the living room.

Blake had gone outside to smoke while I stayed inside to keep an eye on the pizza. From where I was seated in the living room, the kitchen was directly behind me, the dining room and den were behind me to the right and the hallway (leading to all the bedrooms in the house) was directly to my right. Straight in front of me was a very large window to the front of the house. While I was alone in the living room, something in the den caught my eye. It was a little boy, maybe a foot taller than my son, wearing only pants. He was bending down and then stood straight up and vanished after allowing me to see him for a few seconds.

A little family history: I have seen quite a few paranormal activities in my lifetime. My maternal grandmother is a card reader and "dabbles" in voodoo. So, for me, this was not unusual. When Blake came back inside he sat next to me on the couch and suddenly became pale. I asked what was wrong and he refused to tell me for a little while. Then he came around and said that he had seen a little boy in the hallway. I began to describe the little boy I had seen and he confirmed that it was the same little boy in the hallway.

While the child didn't upset me, he definitely had a different affect on Blake. I brought my son in the living room with us because Blake insisted that something was wrong. Blake would begin to cry without cause. My son was standing on the couch looking into the kitchen when he started whining about something "going down". He would say "it's going down, it's going down" repeatedly in a panicked voice. Then he calmly stated, "kay it's going up..." Like he was relieved that what he was seeing was no longer descending. At that point, Blake began to shake and looked as frightened as ever. He was looking out of the large window and whispered, "He's outside, he's looking at me."

We left shortly after our pizza was done. We left in such a hurry that we left all the lights on in the house and called my cousin to tell her the situation. When she arrived home she called me back and asked, "Why would you tell me a scary story about my house and not even leave one light on for me?"

A few nights later, my cousin was awakened by her girlfriend's little girl, Kayleigh, who had stated that a little boy took her covers. My cousin went into the girls' room and found the oldest daughter in a corner with her blankets pulled up to her eyes and said that she saw a little boy run down the hall.

A few nights following that, my cousin's son, Hunter, was found sleeping on the floor (for the third night in a row). Kim asked Hunter why he was sleeping on the floor and his response was, "So my friend doesn't have to sleep by himself." Hunter is the only boy that lived in the house.

Anyone have any idea why my boyfriend became so upset? He has stated time and time again that he had/has no idea why he was crying and felt sick. He wasn't scared, just upset.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jaybee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jaybee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
Triskaideka- haha it is possible that he convinced me that he was a tough guy when he actually wasn't.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
jaybee - That's a bummer that your son wouldn't remember. I'm confused, though. You wrote above that Blake was crying, looked frighted, then said something was watching him through the window. But you think the boy just had an effect on him? 😕 Methinks your man has tried to talk you into believing he's tougher than he seems. 😉
jaybee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Triskaideka- My son was only 2 at the time so getting information out of him was nearly impossible. Blake wasn't scared of him, he was just emotional because of the boy, I assume.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
I'd be curious to know what your son so going down then up again. Have you asked him? And why was Blake scared of the little boy watching him from outside?
jaybee (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
My cousin's girlfriend, Anna, said that while taking a shower she heard a child laugh but all of their children were at school. That occurrence happened before we had this experience.
The little boy may have connected with Blake's feelings. Blake and I had gotten into an argument right before all of this but our arguments were always settled quickly so we were not angry with each other at the time of the sighting. Do you think that maybe the argument had anything to do with it?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
jaybee - BadJuuJuu has a good point. I also was wondering if maybe Blake was picking up on the little boy's feelings, empathy-wise, as BJJ suggested.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-28)
Had your cousin or any other member of the household noticed any activity before that night?
Maybe the little boy was trying to connect with your boyfriend by sharing his feelings. It's possible that the little boy regarded Blake as a father/big brother figure.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: