You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Mimicking Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Mimicking Spirit

 

September 28, 2013 - EVPs of Spirit Mimicking My Voice

Our group (my youngest son, my oldest son, my oldest son's best friend, my brother-in-law, and me) went out to investigate a local property for paranormal evidence.

The property, located off Solley Road in Pasadena, Maryland, consists of a present day church, a recently restored Rosenwald School, and an old graveyard. To the back of the property, furthest from the road, is a stretch of wooded land that separates the graveyard property and a very long strip of power lines that runs between Glen Burnie and Pasadena.

We chose this property to investigate because my brother-in-law had passed by it a while ago, and saw a partial apparition of what looked like a young boy. That being enough to peak our interest, we figured we would go see what we could get evidence of.

The equipment we brought with us was limited, but consisted of two digital voice recorders, one emf meter, flashlights, and an em pump.

Although we ended up with 14 EVPs in total from the nights investigation, and numerous physical experiences, for this post, I am only going to focus a 3 minutes and 45 seconds of our 2 hour investigation.

At about 30 minutes into our investigation we took our investigation into the wooded portion of the property. At about 75 feet into the woods we found a knocked over tree which made for a good place for everyone to sit and conduct our investigation. All five of us got into a tight group, cleared a place on the ground for the EM pump, and I turned on and set one of the digital voice recorders down on the fallen tree next to me. The other digital voice recorder was left recording back by the graveyard (we'll leave that for another post).

I've uploaded a 3 minutes and 45 seconds audio clip from the digital recorder we had with us to soundcloud.com. If you would like to listen to it, the direct link to it is here:

Https://soundcloud.com/newviewonlife/ppi_group-in-woods_09-28-2013

This audio clip is pretty mind blowing to all of us, as we are all confident that it contains 3 very clear evps. What makes these evps most interesting, and slightly disturbing, is that they all sound exactly like me, and sound as if repeating a phrase I say in the very beginning of this audio clip. We've been conducting investigations like this for a couple years now, and we've never had a spirit mimic one of us. And it draws us to question what type of entities will, or can, mimic someone.

I've done some research online, and I've found people who think mimicking spirits are clear cut demonic spirits. And others who say that is not true, but instead claim that entities called elemental spirits are known to mimic the living. I also found sites online that say elemental spirits are notorious for hanging out around graveyards. Unfortunately I can't find much detail on what exactly an elemental spirit is. So as of right now, my group is left scratching our heads as to what we were dealing with, and preparing to go back to try and see if it happens again.

We are very interested in hearing other peoples opinions and thoughts on what you hear in our recording, and what you think it may be.

Special notes:

This audio clip has not been enhanced.

None of us heard this while conducting the investigation.

This audio clip starts off with me saying "Come on. Use some energy here. USE MY ENERGY." This is very relevant, as the evps we all hear sound to be a mimic of my voice, saying "my energy". There is quite a bit of audio of our group talking before the evps happen, but if you choose to listen to it all, you can get a good idea of what we all sound like, how loud we all, and what we were all individually experiencing at the time.

Throughout this audio clip, all five of us remained in a tight group, close to the digital recorder. The EVPs we hear sound as if they are a bit further away from the recorder, as they are not as loud as us talking.

The evps we hear occur at these time marks:

1st evp: between time mark 3:19 and 3:20 (voice says "My Energy") (this happens immediately after I comment to my son by saying "I Know")

2nd evp: between time mark 3:23 and 3:24 (voice says "My Energy") (this is the easiest to hear, as none in the group is talking.)

3rd evp: between time mark 3:44 and 3:45 (voice says "My Energy") (this is actually the last sound on this audio track. It happens immediately after I comment to my son's friend by saying "YES")

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, newviewonlife, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Well, I'm glad you guys are very careful with your equipment, primarily. I do so hate when my expensive electronics die. It's the worst! Best of luck in future hunts. (And I really hope you check this same spot again!)
Jtracey425 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
We invite every one on the thread to like our Facebook page Pasadena Paranormal Investigators. Check it out.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
granny--I'm near Sacramento and can go in just about any direction and find someplace to hunt down the ghosties. ๐Ÿ˜† We've got Auburn, Grass Valley/Nevada City, Yuba City, the bay area, the Jackson/Ione district and lots of places in between and outside of these great areas.

Went to our local cemetery here a couple of weeks ago. Didn't get any vibes from it and was really quite boring but then, Lincoln is quite the boring town. ๐Ÿ˜†
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Triskaideka - OK, I've been busy, and wish I had been able to get in on the recent discussion here sooner. First, I want to say thank you for presenting your thoughts on this to us all. Second, Jtracey425 is right, it is very common for investigators to capture anomalies in their recordings that they don't hear in real time. And to that their are many different theories as to what could cause sound anomalies. Jtracey pretty much said everything I would have though, so I won't reiterate it all. I will add that all of our recorders are digital, not tape. The recorder we captured this on is an RCA VR5320R-A. And the recorder was sitting still on a log the entire time we were conducting this investigation in the woods. The only detail I have to correct from Jtracey's responses is that this model digital recorder has a USB output which is how I downloaded the audio files onto my computer. In closing, skeptics and believers alike, we want your opinions. We put this story up on here in order to get different opinions and thoughts on what we captured. We are true believers in the paranormal, so we can accept that this is a possible piece of paranormal evidence. In the same respect, we are rooted in logic, we do explore all possible explanations before looking to the paranormal, and we do understand that just because we can't see the explanation for an event, it doesn't mean it was Casper. Like with any event though, a reader can never fully capture the full details and perceptions of those who experience an event. (That being said for paranormal events, or common every day experiences) We have only been able to provide you with a portion of the details to what we experienced and captured that night, not to mention the two other times we have gone back since I submitted this story. When we compile everything together, we do strongly believe this was indeed a spirit. Jtracey425, thanks again for jumping in on this bud. Triskaideka, thank you for your interest and comments on our story as well. We hope to see continued comments and thoughts from others.
Jtracey425 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Triskaideka- Every one is open to have their own opinions in this field. It's a based on theroies because no one truly knows what we are dealing with. I understand all your technical points and we put everything into the equation when we go through a evidence review. Both of us are high level SST technicians with a strong understanding of any type of interference which could occur in different situation. We carefully go over these situations to provide us with the best environment (electrically) to prevent possible contamination (interference). Can I say 100% without a shadow of a doubt it was not interference? No, but I am 100% sure that we did everything we could to prevent contamination with the preliminary tests. Like I said every one is open to there own opinion and that's why we posted this EVP here to get opinions. There can be arguments on both sides, and that's what is good about a open forum. But from our end we went over every possibility and did our prelim test which I am completely satisfied with and stand behind.-JT
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Also, I'm very sorry to comment-bomb you, but I'd like to point out that cassette tapes have magnetic strips. A skip or audio playback can actually be caused by distortion of the recording, and that distortion could be caused by a magnetic field. I had previously imagined you had used some sort of digital device, but a cassette tape would actually be even more prone to accidental distortion. If someone ever moved the player, at all, while the other equipment was running. If it fell over. If something else was moved. Heck, even the mild ground shaking from nearby traffic (which I can hear in the recording) could have caused it. Anyone who grew up in the '80s and '90s knows how finicky cassette tapes can be! All I know is that whatever happened, I think it produced a really cool effect and absolutely accidentally.

I wish you the best of luck in your future ghost-hunting excursions.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Edit to previous comment: I meant to explain the difference between three-second and four-second tempos and their downbeats. I apologize for not proofreading properly. I should sleep! ๐Ÿ˜†
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Jtracey425 - Depending on the range of the specific equipment, its frequency, and its direction of broadcast, it may or may not have affected your equipment. I concede that three feet is probably enough. Though sometimes it may not be. I definitely don't think anyone is trying to fake anything here. I just want to make absolute certain you've considered the possibility that the recording was absolutely 100% unaffected by other equipment. If I want to take a nice photo of a daylight setting, I most assuredly wouldn't want a light flashing three feet away from me, if that makes sense. Also, since I am not a ghost hunter, I have no portfolio at all. ๐Ÿ˜Š But I am a bit of a computer nut, so I'm rather experienced with how a microwave downstairs from an internet router can actually cause it to reset, how a bluetooth headset can interrupt the connection between a laptop and a wireless router, how cellphone conversations can be picked up on baby monitors, etc. Sometimes people really have no idea just how great a range their equipment have, and sometimes the frequency their equipment is supposed to have actually has a broader range than they believe. Also, disruption can occur even between two waves at different frequencies. (It's like if you were counting out two tempos. One has a downbeat every four seconds. One has a downbeat every four. Mathematically, that means each one would have a downbeat every 12 seconds.) Now, the chances of starting something at precisely the right second or put it in the right place to interfere with something "unrelated" and "impossible to interfere with at that frequency" are pretty slim, but it still can, and does, happen. That's all! I'm ever the skeptic, indeed. For good reason.
Jtracey425 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Triskaideka- Investigators get noises on the recorders they don't hear all the time. They also receive EVP's on one recorder and not another that was sitting next to it because we are dealing with different frequency levels then what human ears are use to dealing with. I was at the site the night we capture this piece, and with my background in electric I know how low voltage can effect a data transmission and higher voltages effect lower voltages. I made sure the EM pumps were at least 4 ft away from any recorder, and checked that at that distance with our EMF meters we weren't get a high reading.

The type of recorder used to capture this EVP was a RCA full stereo recorder. Downloaded to a sound program through the mic output on the recorder. I can assure you that we didn't have and electronic device within 3 ft of this recorder. The closes device at the time of the recording was my EMF meter. We debunk a lot of the stuff we get as non paranormal, and are total against faking evidence for publicity unlike other paranormal investigators out there. Your not a bubble burster buddy just a skeptic, non believer or just jealous you don't have a piece like this in your portfolio.-JT
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Further, I hope you do not use your EM pump near the other electronics as it can damage and/or break them. I also would not be surprised if it influenced your EVP readings.

If you ever want to experience how electronic devices can affect one another in real time, I challenge you to place two cellphones beside one another. Call one with the other. Then talk.

Sidenote, it's really easy to creep out your friends if you do that without telling them what you're doing. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Mwehehe.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Sorry to be the bubble burster here but given that no one heard it at the time but it can be heard from the recording, I can only surmise that this was an encoding error. What -kind- of digital recording device did you use, and in what format does it record the sound files?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
babygoatpuller; I don't know where in California you live, but they do hold ghost hunts on the Queen Mary. It would be great for beginners, since they have all the equipment and show you how to use it.

Http://www.queenmary.com/evening-tours/paranormal-investigation.php
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
babygoatpuller - Right on. Make sure to post a story on here to share with us all!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-01)
Newviewonlife- Thanks for the explanation. I was thinking along those lines but another looney and absolutely ridiculous thought popped into my head and I had to ask. Kind of on the same lines as a Tesla coil, right? They used a huge one on "Ghost Mine" last week and got some good results with it.

I haven't been on a "hunt" but it's definitely on my bucket list and we've got some pretty decent places around here to make it happen.
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Jtracey425 - Well said brother! They did work pretty darn good! 25 to 30 Mg at 2 feet away from the pump. I was pleased with how they worked out. ๐Ÿ˜Š
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
hapihipimondi22 - Thanks for your comments! That is pretty much what we are thinking as well. Whatever spirit or entity it was, we think it was mocking me in either a playful way, or just to make fun of me. I like your theory of it doing so because it may not have even needed my energy, because it had more than enough of its own. We enjoy hearing everyone's opinions and comments, so thank you again for letting us know your thoughts in regards. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jtracey425 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
A EM pump is a device that pumps electromagnetic energy into the air, which are what spirits are suspected to be made of. It supplies the spirit with energy which it can use however it wants. We made our own pumps before this investigation and tested them at the site. Newviewonlife constructed them and did a hell of a job!
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
babygoatpuller - Thanks for the comments, and we will get our other evidence out for everyone to review soon.

In regards to what an EM Pump is; well, it's essentially EMF (electromagnetic field) emitter. The purpose is to create an Electromagnetic field that spirits can use to interact with us. That of course following the theory that spirits can use the energy from an electromagnetic field.

I made our EM pumps in house. If you are interested in using them in your investigations, I'd be happy to talk to you about how to make one. Or you can do some research online and find info on how to make them as well.

Just a word of warning, there are a lot of people on youtube and other sites that claim to show you how to make an EM pump, and they even sell them online for around $40 and up. But all they are doing is spinning a magnet around inside a plastic box. This will not create an Electromagnetic field. The field they are metering is just the magnetic field from the magnet.

If you have questions about what an Electromagnetic field is, there are plenty of educational videos on youtube that explain what they are, and plenty more websites that describe EMF as well. That info will help you understand how to make an actual EM pump.

Again, If you would like my help in making one, or if you have any other questions about them, just let me know.
hapihipimondi22 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
maybe the mimicking is a form of mockery? You are inviting whoever or whatever it was to use your energy when maybe it's energy is wayy more powerful than yours? Maybe that's why the words "my energy" was repeated a few times. It's like telling you "here's a sample of what I can do, can your energy handle this?" i'm not an expert but just a thought ๐Ÿ˜Š
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I heard all three "my energy"s and am looking forward to hearing what you caught at the graveyard.

Hopefully I won't sound like I've just crawled out of a cave but please, do tell me what an EM pump is. I've read a lot of stories on here about ghost hunting adventures and have watched a lot of the ghost hunting shows, "Ghost Mine"- best one hands down, and have heard of EM devices and EM recorders but don't ever recall anyone using an EM pump. Appreciate any info.
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
jerryhend1 - Very interesting, thank you. Do you have a direct link you can provide in regards to those historic sightings?
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Skeptic_not_Sceptic - We look for every possible cause for anomalies we capture before considering them as paranormal. As you noted, we too did not find this to be a malfunction of our recorder. This is definitely one of the most interesting EVPs we have captured to date.
Skeptic_not_Sceptic (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I was expecting the audio to indicate that perhaps the equipment was acting up, but this doesn't seem to be an issue of a malfunctioning device.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
newviewonlife
regarding elementals, I really don't know if there natural or of some other type being. I do know that they can grow and learn like a child. And you don't want one as a pet. There are some horrifying tails out of Britten and Erie (Ireland) and from Germany and other places, in the US (American Indians) and later white settlers. They can be really bad, deadly in some reports, they are not something one would want to deal with. This after 30 years of dealing with this issue. To get a really on the ground picture of elementals read the history of Briton when the Romans first got there, if you think we got some good horror wrighters read what the Romans wrote and they had eyes on the ground, and the Romans were a brutal people to began with. Sorry this was so long, but is not an easy issue...
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
SirenBelva - Yes, I agree, but it did make for a bunch of interesting evidence. ๐Ÿ˜‰
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
dylan_15 - Hey bud. If you don't feel threatened by her, I personally would try to communicate with her. Just calmly talk to her and ask her what you want to know. Does that sound like something you are comfortable doing?
dylan_15 (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
newviewonlife,
If your there do you have any advice on what we spoke about yesterday?
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
Like jerryhend I think that it was very risky for you to invite something to "use your energy". I also think you were very brave. I would never do that. I think you had to have been dealing with a non-threatening entity--otherwise you might still be dealing with the repercussions of that bold statement!
newviewonlife (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
jerryhend1 - I cannot argue wih your logic and wisdom. We have been investigating for he past few years, and that is not a typical practice of ours. It was a gamble I took that night to get the activity stird up. And I do not recomend anyone take that chance. In fact I prohibited anyone else in he group from doing it. Hinde sight, as we should all aim to lead by example, I do see the potential danger that could have come from opening up myself in that way, and we have agreed to be mindful and causious of doing so in the future.

To your statement regarding elementals, do you know much about them. I am getting mixed definitions online to what an elemental spirit is. Some people paint hem as entities connected to the elements of the planet, others paint them as mystical beings such as ferries, and gnoms, and others mearly believe them to be non human spirits.

Thanks for your thoughts, and I hope to see more from you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-29)
newviewonlife:
What you did was not the most intelligent of things to say or do, why I say this is you never want to invite something into you, you said use my energy - that's an invitation to use and/or occupy your personal space i.e. You. Now I have gone to the site and heard the EVP, and its sounds like a sprite or elemental nothing darker, but mind you they both can be of that nature.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: