You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Slumber Party Scares

Real Ghost Stories

Slumber Party Scares

 

This story took place when I was about 14. I'm 22 now and the memory still scares the crap out of me. My friend had a huge slumber party for her birthday. Her house was very old and was rumored to once be part of the underground railroad. Her attic was a series of rooms that mirrored here downstairs except for one that had a whole cut out of the floor. It looked like a tunnel led from it and went about 3 feet back before it was blocked off with rubble and bricks. She would always tell us stories of weird stuff that happened in her house. Her room had the stairs to the attic attached to it and she would hear sounds coming from up there like people walking around and once her electric keyboard that was up there went off on its own. It was playing "Oh Susanna" on repeat which is kind of strange because here name is Susan.

We, being a bunch of teenage girls, decided to play that silly game "Light As A Feather, Stiff As A Board". We were all sitting around in a circle with candles concentrating on getting this girl to float when the stuff hit the fan so to speak. All at once the room we were in dropped in temperature and the candles all flicked at once, like there was a breeze in the room which there wasn't. We all screamed and jumped up. We all piled on her couch (there were at least 10 of us so you can imagine.)

That's when we heard a loud boom come from the coat closet / entryway connected to the room we were sitting in. Almost at the same second a dark shadow ran around the wrap around porch. We watched it move through the windows and at one point it passed right by where we were all sitting. We didn't hear the sound of anyone running though which was odd. It stopped at the front door and that's when we realized that the door wasn't locked. Not that it would have really mattered.

But still I decided to be the brave one of the ones on top of the pile of girls and jumped up and ran and locked the door. When I did this I could clearly see out the window and no one was there, human at least. I flicked on the lights on the way back to the couch and slowly we got our nerves back. Eventually we opened the door the the coat room / entry way and saw that her coat wrack had been knocked over by something. None of us slept that night and needless to say I never spent the night at her house again.

Other hauntings by dee_taylor_85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dee_taylor_85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-21)
CuteKittie - we're not here to see who's story is scariest. This isn't a sleepover.

We're here to offer advice, support, encouragement, help, or just to listen because someone needs to talk about what they experienced.

If you submitted a story, you might want to check your email. You don't have one published.
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
I stuff like that happen with sprits at summber partys as a kid or staying at a friends house. Once in a while it would creep us out big time. I would have a friend just to shut me up say it is nothing.
teafortwo1922 (3 stories) (20 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-22)
❤ I would had been the one to com every one down if I could. I figure out saying I see nothing when I did just to com the scared ones down. I would have spent the night again with brave people.
Esmeralda (19 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-01)
Wow great story. I would have been reall really scared to see that. I would of probably been feeling dizzy and weak. My heart would be pounding all fast too 😨
coolcat12 (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
That is actually pretty neat if you ask me. I would have been the one to go see what it was when it happened! 😁 I have strange things happen to me every night considering I have four ghosts in my house! I will post stories up as soon as it will let me, though! 😊
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
guss what you spelled here insted of her in your first paragraph I just wanted to tell you
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
maby the shadow as someone that died at the under ground rail road and just wanted to stay and see what happened to the underground railroad or it was someone tresspassing or the ghost was running away from something that was chassing it.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
Wow! It sounds like you girls were stirring up some of the old ghosts in the house by playing that game. Unless someone was playing a prank on you. My friends and I tried 'Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Board' at my best friend's slumber party when we were around that age and it didn't work and no ghosts either! 😢Everyone else are always the luck ones! 😊 Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-17)
scary I'm going to tell it at a party and it will be so funny because my friend is going to play oh susana on my key board and bang on the closet and scare all of us but extremally scary storiy I know what its like to scared at partys I was scared at my friends sleepover to but I still sleep at her house 😨 😨
dee_taylor_85 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Sorry it took me so long to answer questions. Everything seemed to happened quite fastand right after each other. The candles flickered, then we jumped on the couch, the loud boom came from the closet and then the dark shadow moved along the porch. The shadow seemed to have a human outline to it. It didn't try and hurt anyone and I'm not sure if it was looking for anything. As too if it could of been an actual person on the porch, I really don't think it was. It is an old porch and you can hear people walking on it let alone running. We didn't hear a sound as this shadow moved, that's what freaked us out so much. I really can't explain what happened but looking I really do think it has something to do with the house's history. Being part of the underground railroad had to have left some pretty heavy imprints for a residual haunting and maybe even an intellegent sprite that just didn't like us girls messing around in its house.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-10)
that is a very frightening account.

as far as the 'shadow' outside, was there anyone aware that you were having a slumber party that may have wnated to frighten you and your friends? I am not saying it wasn't a paranormal experience, but if it was, it sounds like 2 seperate things. The one inside the coat closet and the shadow outside. They may be related, but it sounds unlikely to me.

Thank you for sharing your story!

God Bless!
Jason143 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-09)
That must have been really scary! What did this shadow look like... When exactly did this happen, was it looking for something or did it try to harm you are a few of the answers required to find out what really went wrong... Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you and good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: