You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In The Kitchen

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Kitchen

 

While I was stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas while serving in the Army, I lived off post in Junction City, Kansas. My family and I lived in a house that was build around the turn of the century.

My son, who was about two years old at the time, would frequently wake up in the middle of the night and cry uncontrollably. We would rock him and try to get him to calm down for hours. The episodes were periodic at the onset; however, as time went on the episodes became more frequent. As any parents would do, we took him to the doctor to see if there was some sort of medical issue causing these issues. We were told my son was fine and that we should not worry about it, it was probably just an adjustment his body was making and he will grow out of it.

About this time Joshua, my son, began to display some other behaviors that became somewhat alarming as time went on. Joshua would be playing in the living and would suddenly turn towards the kitchen and say "hi." After a few minutes of standing there he would say "bye, bye" and wave and then would go back to playing with his toys. I generally didn't think to much of this until I began to see shadow figures in the area of the kitchen and of Josh's bedroom. At this time, I truly thought it was just my imagination.

Things continued to become increasingly odd in the house. Joshua would occasionally let out a blood curdling scream for no reason then turn to me with a look of terror on his face. Friends that had come to the house had begun to wonder what was going on with our family.

We were never able to explain things until shortly before I was discharged from the Army. Once again, Josh was playing in the living room and turned to the towards the kitchen and let out a very loud burst of laughter and began jumping up and down and turning in circles. I got up to see what he was he was so happy about. I was able to look into the kitchen just in time to see a little boy standing in the kitchen. The little boy was wearing clothing that appeared to be from the early part of the 1900's. The little boy quickly disappeared. Maybe Josh was finally able to get a complete look at this little at the same time I did, I don't know.

I do know that about a month later, I was finished out processing from the Army and in the time period I didn't see the little boy again. As for Josh, honestly, I don't know. He may have seen the little boy again, he may not have. I have never asked him.

Other hauntings by daveslod

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, daveslod, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
daveslod, wow sounds like my youngest sons experience. Except with mine, it was trying to hurt my son. I feel for your son and his nightly screaming. He must have seen something terrible. If it was bad enough your son may have pushed it back to forget, or he quite possibly may remember. With my son he doesn't remember whom he was talking to. Thank goodness. Great story.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Wow, good story. Older places can have so much going on in them because we don't handle passing the way we used to. One thing I've learned from my son who has Aspirgers, kids can attract a lot of entities, good and bad. My son taught me how to see the energy of wood spirits, but he also was troubled by some really demonic things until he got blessed, (by Fr. Timothy at the the monastery) and I learned to burn a lot of sage and sweet grass. The blessing thing works and it's free. And it's cheaper to grow the sage than buy it. Just a thought.
daveslod (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
A friend of mine rented the house after we left. I lost contact with him, but before I did, he did mention some other things that were rather interesting. I did ask a few questions about the house, but most people didn't really have anything to share. One of the older ladies said she "thinks" she may have heard stories about this place, but from the little research I did, I was not able to come up with an answer. The only thing I really found was about a deputy marshall being killed near the area, but not at the house or in it. Once again, this information may be a little inaccurate. Maybe I will check again and maybe someone else will havejust the nugget I need to figure this one out.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I am going to add this to my favourites because it involves shadow people, which are a particular interest of mine. I suppose it could just be a coincidence that your son's night terrors coincided with what you saw, but his odd behavior in the day suggests there was more going on. I'd be interested in an update if you decide to ask your son about it.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I enjoyed your story very much 😊. The spirit of the little boy sounds like it could be related to the home. Maybe the son of the couple who first built the home? It doesn't sound like the spirit was trying to be malicious. Very interesting, nonetheless 😊.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
Hello daveslod, how the screaming in the night stopped eventually? Further, how old is your son now? Will he be able to describe such things quite clearly that happened when he was two years old now? I have my fingers crossed. I wanted to ask you, did you enquire about the place where you lived, I mean with others in the neighbourhood or the persons, who lived prior to you. That could have given you more inputs and information.

Kindly inform us if you have any further inputs.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
daveslod (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-31)
I think in the very near future I will ask him about this situation.
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
daveslod ~ that is an interesting account.

Since it's in the past now, you might want to ask Joshua about his accounts with whatever was there. It sounds like there might have been more than one spirit lingering. The little boy didn't sound like the one that made him scream.

If you think asking him would do no harm, go for it. You might get more answers.

Thank you for sharing this:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: