You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Figure Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Black Figure Following Me?

 

A few nights ago I went out to see a movie with my friends to just hang out and relax because we've just finished our exams and wanted to have fun, but the whole night I found it hard to relax when I kept feeling that there was something following us.

It first started when I was on the train with my friend Jamie. We were on our way to the mall to meet our friends and see the movie. When we stopped at the station before we had to get off, I saw this being standing on the platform outside. It was like a weird blackish figure. I couldn't make out a face because it was dark out and the platform was outside (it was a very small suburb station). I decided to wave it off as being over stressed and kept talking to my friend. When we arrived at the mall we all met up with each other (7 girls altogether), and decided to grab some dinner before the movie.

We were sitting in the cafe talking and giggling when I saw the weird figure outside the cafe through the window. I was staring at it when it lifted its arm and disappeared. Then, just as I turned around, I saw the waiter drop our tray of drinks. But what was weird was that it looked like something smashed its arm onto the tray knocking it out of the waiter's hands. Then we left to go to the movie.

When we were sitting in the theatre, we realized we were the only ones there and decided to make the most of it and spread out. It ended up with all of us lined up behind each other in different rows. We were halfway through the movie when I saw the figure again near the emergency exit near the screen. I bent over to my friend Emily and said, "Look over there." Emily turned to look and told me to stop joking around and to watch the movie. That's when I realized that it had vanished.

I leaned back into my seat when I felt some in audible whispers near me. I thought it was my friend Katia behind me and turned around only to see her eyes fixed into the screen. I turned back around and tried to focus on the movie. That's when I heard the whispering again but this time it was right in my ear. I can't be 100% sure but it sounded something close to either "watch this" or "watch out". I was frozen to the spot and couldn't move so I just fixed my eyes too the screen and tried to ignore it. Eventually the whispering stopped.

Then later as we left the movie my friends were complaining that it suddenly got really cold in the theatre. What freaked me out was that they said it got cold around the same time I first saw the figure up front. My friend Stella then started complaining that her neck was sore and when she lifted up her hair we saw two very prominent bruises on the nape of her neck. Two bruises which this morning had not been there.

I still don't know what that figure was or if I'm going insane. All I know is that night I felt constantly watched and didn't feel safe until I got home.

Please comment your theories. I would love to hear about what you thought it was.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GabbyHunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

KcHorrorGhost (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
This is really good it made me jump and my reaction was like nope, nope, nope NOOOOO. Good Job bro and keep rolling 😲 😨 😐
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hi GabbyHunny, like Val said that with only one experience, I think you need not worry. But do you still have a feeling of being watched or being followed by the figure you said you saw on that particular night? I do not think that there is any need to panicky. But you can better be watchful. If it does happen again, kindly post it. Then we shall advise you further.

The bruises on the nape of the neck require some analysis. But as Val said, please try to give some rational thinking to it. Some persons are allergic to certain costumes, jewels etc. If your friend was wearing any new costumes, jewels you know of. Perhaps that could be one of the reasons, which also could be verified by you before jumping to paranormal aspects.

Thanks for sharing and please clarify.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Hi Gabby, welcome to YGS. From what you say, I gather this was a one time only experience? If so, I wouldn't get too worried about it.
I agree with Spiritwaiting that this could have possibly been a shadow being, however I don't believe all of them are bad. If you research them, you'll find that just as many claim they only observe, or serve as a warning of danger, as claim that they are of a negative nature. Another theory about them is they are spirits who lack enough energy to fully manifest. However, you did say you heard this thing whisper? None of the reports I've read mention a shadow person speaking.
About the bruises on your friend's neck, how do you know they weren't there before? Did you examine her seat to see if there was something that could have applied enough pressure to make bruises? Are you sure they were bruises and not some other mark? Also bruises usually take a bit to show, so could she have possibly done something prior to the movie that caused it? I once used one of those 'massaging' neck pillows and the dang thing gave me bruises.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
GabbyHunny, The dark figure could be a shadow being. They do harm in any possible way they can. Usually from what I've gathered, usually towards the people they are transfixed on, and their loved ones. So you only feel safe at home? Are yout family memebers religious? The reason I'm asking this, is because the home may be the safe zone for you. Guarded well by your beliefs. Do you feel dread, sadness etc, when you see the dark shadow? I hope you somehow find protection for yourself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: