You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Growled

Real Ghost Stories

It Growled

 

I'm 19 years old and a guy if anyone's curious. Anyways, I've never written down what's happened to me while living in a particular home. I've only told friends and family. Well, my father met a woman by the name of Maria when I was 14 (my mother passed away when I was 7). Soon after, we moved in with her.

I was supposed to have the basement as my bedroom. It was huge! Really nice, had a living room, dining room, workout room, two bedrooms and it was all mine. But something seemed odd. Really odd. It felt as though someone was watching me so I refused to sleep down there. We ended up turning the dining room upstairs into my bedroom.

The dining room had 4 doors: one to the basement, one to the closet, one to the bathroom, and one to the kitchen. These doors were huge and old, still took a skeleton key and very heavy. The house, by the way, is old. It's historical and one of the original homes in the first neighborhood when Cheyenne, Wyoming became a city.

Anyways, every night one of those doors would creak open. Mainly the basement door or the closet door. It felt like a scary movie actually. I also had a chandelier (because my room was originally a dining room) that would randomly move back and forth. Well, one night I heard a door open and was too scared to look. I even heard breathing. I wanted to turn on a light but I'd have to walk past the now opened door and reach up to the chandelier and turn it on. Nope. So I called my dad who was in the next room. I woke him up and he came to my room madder than hell that I woke him up to turn on my light. I explained how the door opened and I heard breathing. He said that I had to of left the door open and the air from my fan moved it. These doors are huge though. So he shut the door to prove a point as if I actually left it open. As he was walking away it popped open. It freaked my dad out, who never believed in ghosts. He won't admit it's a ghost but he will say it was definitely weird. I slept in the living room that night haha.

Sometime, later like a week or so later, when I was sleeping I felt as though my dog was walking across my feet. Like back and forth. So I called his name. And I felt and heard it jump off the bed and hit the ground. Just then my dog licked my face. He was beside me the entire time! He was shaking too. Like he was terrified! I was so scared. My dad and stepmom work nights so they didn't get home until 2 am. I was in shock. I had to wait until they got home to have my light turned on. When they got home they didn't believe me.

Well another time (by the way, I AM A DEEP DEEP SLEEPER. Like, I need loud noise, a constant noise or I need to be touched several times to wake me up) while I was sleeping, I woke up to a gurgling noise that got louder until I woke up. Like it was next to my ear. When I woke up I could still hear it. I noticed a light coming from under the basement door like someone was downstairs. I thought maybe my dad had some power tool going or something. It was definitely coming from the basement. While walking towards it I heard, and I swear to this day I heard it, a little girl say "IT'S DEAD". I was so terrified I grabbed my dog by his ears/hair (on accident) and ran out the front door only wearing my boxers while in the middle of winter. Turns out my parents weren't even home. Thinking back, the gurgling was more of a growl.

I wanted to move so bad but I couldn't. So when I turned 16 and got a car, I stayed away until my dad was there. If I went to that house I had to have friends with me. And when I say all my friends experienced something there, I'm not kidding.

My ex-friend Nikki and I both saw the little girl's shadow. She called her dad so he can maybe experience it and he came over with her brother. We sat in the kitchen and sure enough we heard the little girl laugh.

Eventually my stepmom admitted that she seen and heard things in the house.

Another scary time was when I was home alone when my car broke down. I kept seeing a shadow at the corner of my eye but it'd disappear. And my dog would seem as though its watching something. I have an old Shih Tzu. He does not play, doesn't even run, play with toys, or anything. He's a 100% spoiled lap dog and lazy. And he randomly ran full speed from my room to the living room where I was and attempted to jump on the couch. He's too short so he bounced off, which was strange cause he knew he couldn't jump that high and he always had me pick him up and he would never run. It's as if he was running from something.

So I called my sister to pick me up. She got there in a few, around 9pm so it was dark and I had all the lights on. She was parked out front and called me while I was in my room getting my stuff. While on the phone she told me to calm down that there's no rush. I asked what she meant and she said that she can see me/my shadow running back and forth in the living room. I was in the back of the house and I told her, but she didn't believe me. She said that she can see me (my shadow) now standing still in front of the window. It freaked me out so I ran to the front door and she screamed cause she can now see my shadow and the other shadow even though I didn't see anything, but yet I wasn't trying to find anything. I wanted out of there.

And here I am now. Far way from that place. That place definitely had a couple ghosts. Especially a little girl. As for the one that growled that the girl said was dead? I don't know what it was. I don't care. I'm glad I'm away from there. I'll never go in that basement again and I'll never be there alone.

Everything that I've said on here is 100% true. If you don't believe me, that's fine. I understand haha. But I ask that if you want a true experience and are in Cheyenne, WY, I'll have my dad let you in that house. You can feel whatever it is when you first walk in. Cuzisayso17[at]gmail[dot]com

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, antone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Truthsayer (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-12)
Hi Antone. Don't mean to alarm you, but very very VERY rarely is a "young child" ghost actually a ghost of a young child. What you dealt with in the house reminds me more of a group of spirits that feed off of fear. Often times a certain type of spirit will actually take the shape/form of a small child to lure you closer to them.

Funny, how as I read your story, the door to the other bedroom just clicked closed, with the windows closed (so no wind) and I'm the only one home. Oh, and the dog is curled up next to me. So then. Time to go check it out.

Hope to hear back from you soon.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
I was a little surprised to learn you have a sister almost at the end of your story, what makes me wonder if she experienced anything while living in the house.

I can imagine how creepy it was for a 7 y/o to go though this.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
antone, yea I understand the awkward silence moments all to well:). And I definitely understand not phoning and asking them about any paranormal activity going around their home. Can you imagine? I have literally lived with paranormal happenings and so have many other family members, so its definitely not awkward for me. And thanks a bunch for responding back.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
antone:

I am not going to play detective here, growling is NEVER a good thing. Never in my experiences or have read about just growling off hand. If your hear it, its telling you I want you out my domain. It usually means that it is demonic or it has never been human - an elemental.
antone (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Thank you guys for your time to read my experience and to leave a comment. [at] spiritwaiting - I've been told that too before! So scary. I'm hoping it was just a dog and a little girl ghost like Splyze0315 said. But with demons and evil spirits; you never know. Ill be posting another experience on here later. I was going to add it to this post but I got busy as you can tell by the way I was rushing my experience towards the end haha. And yes, my dad and step mom still live there. I never speak to my step mom because I moved away and me and her never had a close relationship, so talking on the phone is too awkward. As for my dad, I feel kind of foolish to ask him if weird things are happening cause he don't believe in ghosts you know?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
antone, hearing a little girl, and a growl usually go hand in hand. Sometimes evil spirits will make themselves appear as a child to gain some sort of interest in them. The spirit I had to experience in my grandpas home was definitely evil. It made a loud, deep growl. And to top it off it knew it was scaring you. Because you refused to sleep in the basement (where the activity was coming from), and it was playing with you. Thank goodness you left when you did. Its better to be safe. Do your stepmom and dad still live there? If so, do they still have activity in the house?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Antone, although I didn't find anything threatening in your story, I'm glad you've gotten away from it. Simply because it scared you. Living scared is no way to live. Home should be where you feel safe and protected not dread.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Wow! Hmmm... My theory is that its probably a spirit of the dog and the girl is his possible owner or killer... Either way, as creepy as the growl sounded, I didn't feel a negative aura in your story... Its just you are in their domain and that they're checking your presence out... Your step mom is probably used to it already, she's just not telling you because it might scare you... But don't worry, I just feel a curious presence...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: