You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or The Real Thing?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or The Real Thing?

 

It all started when I fell asleep. And what was weird was that I fell asleep on my SIDE not my back. Then somewhere at 6 am I woke up but couldn't move. I surprisingly didn't freak out that much as you would expect me to, but I still did have that feeling like I was being stared upon. (Keep in mind I felt pretty drowsy like I was still asleep.) My chest felt like it was abnormally hot and funny thing was it was JUST my chest. And I look ahead of me at the wall, and I see a black figure with... Ugh, I hate to say this: devil horns... And then this part surprises me!

I instantly started saying in my head without even thinking, "Go away! I'm God's child!" And then I instantly woke up from all that and I could move! The aftermath? Well, I was a little freaked out but right now I just feel relieved and happy.

Now just to clear this up a little I don't think this being was a incubus because I wasn't dreaming of a man 'sexually' interacting with me and then morphing into this demon and then waking up from that feeling violated. I seriously don't want an incubus EVER anyway so I'm glad it wasn't that.

But yeah other than that, I feel awesome! Like I just told a demon off but in an appropriate manner without provoking it (IF it was a demon). What do YOU think? Was this just another case of hallucination, or was it an actual demon or something paranormal? I'm a little confused. Just so you know I'm not trying to make anything up, and this is my very first experience of sleep paralysis! Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Redheadgal2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-29)
This is definitely sleep paralysis coupled with a bad dream. You can see the room with peripheral vision but cannot speak or move. This has happened to me several times, but the foot of the bed I was on never faced the doorway or the wall where the doorway is located. It is a scary experience. The way I get out of it is to calm myself and say a prayer, usually the "Our Father". This always works for me now that I know what to do. There seems to be someone in the room or a dark figure that you can sense, especially when it seems they are sitting on the bed. I wrote about my experience with this on this forum.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Personally, I don't believe in demons. It sounds like you do, and you may have thought about demons and incubi before this incident. It also sounds like you may, in fact, have been asleep or in the process of waking up at the time. Maybe it started out as a dream and then when you realized you were dreaming or just starting to wake up, you unconsciously directed the dream along the lines of your previous thoughts and fears. This explanation seems more likely to me than an actual demon, although that's not to say there was nothing paranormal in the experience. Sometimes I think sleep and dreams are inherently paranormal. I mean, think about it this way... Every night we close our eyes and enter into an altered state of consciousness in which we experience visions. What could be more paranormal than that? The real question is what does it mean. Is it just a manifestation of your waking thoughts and fears? Is it a warning? Has a dark entity, spirit, being of some kind really taken an interest in you? I don't know. I think only you can decide that.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hi Redheadgal2013, I feel it is sleep paralysis. From the way you described, it could be sleep paralysis and I don't think it was a demon or any other negative or evil spirit or entity.

Because, as you said that it is your first experience of sleep paralysis, you might be feeling it a little different or even a bit agitated. Still, I hold this as sleep paralysis.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
laura-ann (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Sounds to me that if it were a ghost/demon/spirit then it's just joking around! Devil horns are quite cliche after all... And as it left you alone I wouldn't see it as a threat... It's just trying to scare you but overpowered it!:-)
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Regardless of how you lie down in your bed, sleep paralysis can occur. The first time I saw something like that, I told it (in my head) to go away "In the name of Jesus". And it worked! The next time, I had a vision of basically a scary clown jack-in-the-box cackling beside the upper bunk of my bed where I was sleeping. Eventually I realized I was getting these kinds of occurrences frequently. It's almost always a weird half-asleep half-awake state. Sometimes I think I'm actually awake. Like I'll dream my alarm went off, I'm get up and I'm ready to turn on my light, something evil shows up, and suddenly the lights won't turn on and I can't scream. These kinds of visions are quite normal, I think. I tend to have this problem when I didn't have enough water before bed.

That said, if it is the real thing, it sounds like you warded it off. So either way, I think you're probably safe. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: