You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Saw My Mom, I Heard Her Sing

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw My Mom, I Heard Her Sing

 

My mom died quite suddenly. She was ailing for a few weeks and as suddenly as her terminal disease came on, she was gone. Another death to add to the list of deaths in that house. I knew she fought death and she was not ready to die when she did so I expected some paranormal activity from her.

If you've read my earlier stories you will know I lived in a haunted house for 33 years of my life. I had the worst years there. I was always ill. I felt like my life was being sucked out of me. I felt as though I was going to die in that house and a few times I almost did.

Now as a rule I do not leave my room after I go there for the night. I did not like the long corridors and how spooked they made me feel. One night my now-husband was over. We were watching movies. We decided to have a midnight snack. So I went down to the kitchen to make a few sandwiches. All was okay. I got out the bread and the stuff I required. Suddenly I heard humming behind me. I froze. I thought I was imagining. It was distinct. It was exactly how my mom would hum when she would cook in the kitchen. I quickly made the sandwiches and ran up. I was really scared.

A few days later I heard some sound outside my door. I went to open the door. I looked down the dimly lit corridor. I saw my mom walk up the stairs. She reached out to switch off the light (the lights were already off), she looked towards me and she "floated" into her room. I shut my door, I smoothed down the goosebumps and just sat there, my heartbeat racing wildly.

The next morning I told my dad what I had seen. He said he had felt her presence in the house that night. I knew then that I had not imagined any of it. I have had this gift from young where I could sense and sometimes see dead people. It made growing up and everything else so tough. I'm glad I don't live there anymore.

Other hauntings by Charmsdes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmsdes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Sorry for the slightly late response guys. I've been caught up in the real world. Loads of family issues.

[at] Sds - no matter how many experiences I've had I always get freaked out. I did forget to mention that she would keep telling me that she would come back after she died and she would haunt the place. Now whether that was said in jest or she meant it I have no idea. We were not particularly close.

[at] Aman - she did die peacefully. She didn't want to die but then she just gave in and passed on quite peacefully. I think it was a one off incident. I don't know if the house is still haunted. I want to go meet the family who's currently staying there and ask them if there are any weird goings on in the house.

[at] Triskaideka - I think she passed on. We moved out of the house almost six years ago. When it was torn down and rebuilt some of the workers had bad experiences there. They kept leaving and new ones kept coming back. My mom said she would come back after death and I think that was her visit to me.

[at] Badjuujuu - I was scared because no matter how many times I experience stuff like this I always get freaked out. It's always just me who can see and feel this stuff. It makes me feel like I've gone mad or something. It was the fear of the moment. Reflex action.

[at] Shhh_i'm_sleeping - yes it is always nice to know our dearly departed are fine.

[at] Ghostglider - I have had so many experiences I am always scared. I always get freaked out. Yes, I know what you are saying. I know how demons pose as people we know. I can sense evil. This apparition was not evil. I have been attacked by evil spirits. I will write about that when I have time. I know how crazy it is to try and fight stuff you cannot see. I lived in a haunted house for 33 years. Some nights were worse than others. I never had a proper sleep in that house. Not one night. I was always ill there. I almost died a couple of times out of sicknesses. It was terrible.

Thank you all for reading this and for your replies.:) I really appreciate it.
GhostGlider (guest)
-3
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Charmsdes in my opinion you should be afraid I am of no specific religion and do not believe in trinity but from what I have learned you should not believe that ghosts are your family members. I am all that educated but most ghosts are just demons trying to get to you by someone that you love has passed. For everyone else who has read this I am only thirteen but you all should take me seriously because, I am very mature for my age. Good luck Charmsdes.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I like your story. My Mom died suddenly in her home and for almost a month after my Mom made her presence know. You should feel comforted in the home knowing your Mom is there. My Mom has always been my Guardian Angel and even after death, she still is. It's nice to know that our loved ones are OK after parting.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I have to admit, I'm as perplexed as everyone else as to why you reacted with such fear to your mother. As long as the two of you had a good relationship, what's to fear?
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
In line with the previous posts, I think that if your mom fought against death while she was still alive, she could possibly be fighting against it even though she's already passed. She's just being your loving mother and a loving wife even still, residing in her home, caring for everyone. I'd focus on the love she has for everyone and try to help her realize that everyone is okay and it's time for her to move on, for her sake. (Though admittedly, I think if someone I loved was still around, I'd probably procrastinate a little on sending them away. I wouldn't even judge someone who just wanted one last ghostly hug before admitting the truth.)
aman_yooo (17 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Charmsdes, maybe your mom doesn't know that she has passed away. Next time you see her try and talk to her, help her find the light.

Bless you
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hello Charmsdes, I just want to ask why you are scared. I know that you would have loved your mom very much and there is no necessity of getting scared when you have heard her humming and when you saw her. If your had felt your mom's presence, definitely I think she is there to protect you all and to express her love towards you. I feel that there is no necessity of your getting scared.

But still if you have goosebumps, then I would like to suggest to you that you communicate to her, if you feel her presence. Close your eyes, speak to her that you understand her love and affection and since that your are getting goosebumps and a little scared, ask her not be manifest herself to you but let her be with you as a guardian.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: