You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Bedroom Closet

Real Ghost Stories

My Bedroom Closet

 

We have lived in this house for the last 7 years. The room that is my bedroom is the former garage. It now has carpeting and everything functional to be a bedroom. The people that lived here before us made it.

Anyways, before it was my room, it was my parents' room. My mom used to always tell me she could hear things while she was trying to sleep. Like people whispering in the closet or someone walking by the foot of the bed. I didn't believe her because when she was out of town I would sleep in her bed and wouldn't hear or see anything.

That all changed though a year after my father died. He passed away in 2012 so this is recent. My mom and I switched rooms to accommodate my niece's kids that we had taken in. I got her room, the kids got my old room and she moved her bed into the dining room so she could be close to the baby who's crib was in the dining room.

My first night in my new room wasn't bad. I didn't hear a thing and slept like a baby. But the next night I heard whispering in or by the closet. I went and pulled back the curtain to see and there was no one there. It was like a hush hush kind of whisper. Like I knew it was voices (at least 2) but I couldn't make out what they were saying. So I laid down, got ready to go to sleep and I hear what sounds like someone popping the top of a beer can open, which is odd because we didn't have beer in the house, or soda cans. So I got up and walked to the kitchen (which is right outside my door) and no one was in there, all the lights were off. I walked back into my room shut the door, heard whispering again this time it was a little louder. Still, I couldn't make out what they were saying. I could tell it was two males though and one was upset/angry.

Two weeks later I was sitting in bed working on some papers for my job when out of nowhere there was a slight gust of wind that blew them off the bed. I bent down to pick them up and I could feel someone pull on my pony tail, like they were trying to pull me back up onto the bed. I sat straight up, a little freaked out. Looked around and the whispering started again, but there was some soft laughter. Like the guys were having a good time.

I don't know much history about this house except it was built in the 20's and the back room was added on at some point. But that's my story. I still hear whispering every night or something touches my shoulder. I don't feel threatened by it.

Other hauntings by Sbutterfly83

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sbutterfly83, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

forestspiret101 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-07)
wow that's really scary 😉. Dose it happen all the time or only occasionally? By the way great story! 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
sbutterfly83,Thanks for responding back. The reason why I ask about you getting tired out of nowhere, is because I wanted to know if they were using your energy to stick around, and become somewhat stronger. And you said yes. So now I recommend some type of cleansing of thehome. I hope you find all you can about this home. And stay safe.
Sbutterfly83 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you guys.
Thanks for your concern.

Ok...the hair pulling I was sitting basically in the middle of my bed towards the edge, not leaning against the wall or anything and was wearing a tank top so it couldn't of gotten caught on anything. Trust me I ruled that out first thing.
As for the papers... I was in my room with the door closed and fan off. I like to work in complete silence.
I did talk to my mother about it right after it happened and she wanted me to move out of the room, but I refuse. I'm not about to let a spirit or two run me out of what's mine. She never experienced the hair pulling just someone touching her feet as they walked in front of the edge part of her bed at night.
Tomorrow I plan on contacting the county accessors office to get past owner info on this property as far back as I can.
If any of you are good at doing that kind of stuff... As I am not that great at it, please let me know and I will gladly get in touch!

Like I said before I don't feel threatened in any way... They just scared me a little that time. Since I posted this story they have just kept things to a low whisper and the pop can sounds continue and during the day if I am in here working I hear laughter... And what sounds like a garage door opening.
Narella (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Sbutterfly83: The hair pulling makes me wonder if there's going to be an escalation of activity. Sounds like it's time for whatever is there to go.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
It's verification that what you're Mom has experienced you are now experiencing. It's odd and whispers coming from the closet would freak me out! I would try to find out as much about the home as possible.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
So basically, what I imagine is two men laughing and drinking beer, throwing your papers on the ground, pulling your hair to get you back on the bed, then laughing. Uhm. Nope. Not cool. Like SDS, I wonder if there's a rational reason for the hair pulling (sometimes my hair will get caught on a collar or a necklace chain), or for the papers blowing away (like someone opening a door or window in another room of the house). Even so, I would be quite disturbed and be demanding for any spiritual presence to leave, ASAP.
antone (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Nope nope nope! I'd be long gone the first time I heard whispering. Especially angry whispering.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hi Sbutterfly83, welcome to YGS. Did you discuss with your mother? What was her reaction to your experiences? You said that your mother used to hear voices and sounds of someone walking. Did she mention anything about what you experienced physically, I mean pulling of your hair. Just out of curiosity, I am asking, is there anyway you could explain the pulling of your ponytails rationally, from where you were sitting on that particular day. Because from what you described, I don't think your mother had any such experience. If she had, atleast, you have not narrated it here. Because as Swimsinfire said, uninvited pulling of hair is something different from other experiences you had, which were quite harmless.

Kindly investigate the history of the house and do post us about what your mother said about your experiences, if you have discussed with her. If not, please do and post it in the site.

If you don't find them harmful, you can speak to them openly and say that you need your privacy and not to be startled or disturbed. You acknowledge their presence and request them not to startle you and disturb you like what you have experienced. However, this can wait until you find out more about these entities.

But before that, please do have a discussion with your mom and ask her if she had any physical encounters. That is important.

Kindly inform us the developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
I don't know, pulling hair uninvited is still not cool in ghost parliance. Be good to know the history of the place, be impressed, then send them on theyre way. Good story. Thank you.
Sbutterfly83 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
I do often feel tired out of no where. No they don't scare me... I get little freak out moments from time to time, like the hair pulling, two days ago I woke up to my armoire doors opened... When I know full well I closed them the night before.

I am in Springfield.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Freaky! Like spiritwaiting said, what you're describing are all common elements of an intelligent haunting. Do you mind if I ask where in Missouri you are? Maybe I could help with looking into local history?
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-03)
Sbutterfly83, That would freak me out to hear laughter and whispering. From what you said these are intellegent ghosts. And somewhat strong if they can pull on your hair. Interesting story. Popping,taps,whispers,cold breezes, and goosebumps are some of things associated with hauntings. Do you ever feel extremely tired out of nowhere? You say you don't feel threatened, but do they scare you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: