You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: My First Experience At Hardmoney

Real Ghost Stories

My First Experience At Hardmoney

 

When I was very young and living in my old house in Hardmoney I had my very first paranormal experience. Since I was under the age of 10 at the time I wasn't quite sure what it was that was happening and I just knew it wasn't something that SHOULD be happening.

First I will tell you the background I know about my old house. My old house was a white Victorian made in the late 1800's by a preacher as the parsonage of a church up the road next to it. I know that in the basement there were some old cannonballs I believe and I know that the house stopped being a parsonage after that preacher died. I don't know exactly when he died but I don't think he died in the house. I don't know of anyone else who lived in it, or about the people who sold it to my parents, but I know it was only slightly changed structurally until my parents bought it about 20-ish years ago.

When my Mom and Dad got married they lived in a trailer for a while until around when I was born which was about 17 years into the marriage. Mom told me that as soon as they started remodeling the Hardmoney House she got pregnant with me. (My Mom couldn't have kids so I was a "Miracle Baby" born on my Dad's birthday.) Other than the fact she had some pretty bizarre dreams about the "Future-Me" before I was born, everything was normal. They only added rooms in the gables of the house and filled in a little hallway to make a staircase, so no unbelievable work was done.

When I was a little girl I slept with my Mom every night and the night my experience happened was no exception. I was sleeping away until I woke up to roll over or to go to the bathroom, but as soon as I opened my eyes I saw a GIANT white light coming into the room from the window. The bed was against the back wall with the window on the right wall at about the foot of the bed. The bed was about a Queen size if that matters any. I stared at this giant, glowing, white circle drifting slowly into my room and all I could do was think, "Pretend to be asleep and it won't notice you. Go back to sleep and it won't bother you. Go to sleep!"

When I woke up I told my mom about it and she said kind of ignored me. I mentioned it again throughout the years and she said it may have been our neighbors lights. But it couldn't be, it was the middle of the night and this THING was only coming in one window, and it was brighter than a florescent light but didn't light up the room. It was also huge. To give you an idea of it's relative size it was about as big as the window. The windows in that house went almost from the ceiling to the floor. That room had at least 8-foot ceilings. I'd say, looking back, it was probably about 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide, from my perception.

That image has stuck in my mind for all of these years, and I can still recall every detail from those moments. I never understood it and I still don't. Why was it there? Why was it so large? Did it wake me up? Did it come every night and I just lucked out to see it? For the remaining years we lived in that house I never saw it again. I also don't remember any other specific things like that even happening there or anything to hint at it happening at all. We moved when I was about 12 so I want to say I lived in that house for 5-ish years after that giant, glowing light came into my room and I never saw it again.

Now that I'm older and have seen shows and such on paranormal things, I would like to think of it as an orb. But part of me says it can't be an orb because it was so massive and slow moving. I loved that house and I always treated it well, but I always sensed something was a little off there. I never sensed anything bad, but I sometimes felt... Iffy about certain parts of it. I know whenever I move out of my current house to live on my own I'll go back to the Hardmoney house. I'm always ready to go back to my real home. If anyone has any ideas about anything I'd love to know!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Miiri_Vaughn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miiri_Vaughn (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
My old house is complicated. Sorry for the confusion. The window was to my left and I was facing a wall. I wish I could draw on here... And the idea about a flashlight or motorcycle does make a lot of sense. I plan on living in my old house again when I get older and doing some major renovations. Maybe it will turn up again and I can give a better explanation and pictures. Sorry for all of the confusion.: (
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Miiri_Vaughn, It could have been a motorcycle light, or a flash light. Maybe a light from the neighbor's home. Especially if it was moving slowly. Some motorbikes and motorcycles aren't loud. And you woke up, could it be possible that's what woke you up? Or it is a possibility the preacher may come in time to time just checking in on the home.
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Okay, now I'm confused. You say it was from the "side coming in" and you weren't facing a window? But in your original story you said it was "only coming in one window". Could you explain again please?
Miiri_Vaughn (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I hadn't thought about that but it was a circle from the side coming in. I wasn't facing the window. There was actually another house on that side. And my dad was a policeman at the time so I don't think it was a police thing. But that is a REALLY good idea. But we weren't near the woods...
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hi, Miiri. Welcome to ygs. 😊

Honestly, this experience doesn't sound supernatural to me. What your description makes me think of is a police search light being slowly swept across the building, like they would do if they thought they saw something suspicious or had a report of a prowler in the neighborhood or something. The light from a search light would be a concentrated circle.

Actually, it could have been anybody with a search light. A coon hunter, maybe, or someone looking for a lost cat?

Thanks for sharing your story though. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: