You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Stomper

Real Ghost Stories

The Stomper

 

When I was in the seventh grade I didn't want to go to school because I hated it. So, despite my mom begging me to go to school I just ignored her which I learned was probably not a good idea.

It was a work/school day. My mom was babysitting about five toddlers in our home, we were all in the living room. It was in the morning and surprisingly everyone fell asleep except me. I was watching TV suddenly I started hearing something so I muted the television and listened. It sounded like someone was bouncing a basket ball downstairs. We had a huge basement and it freaked me out. I always felt like I was being watched when I went down stairs so I tried to always have someone with me. I wasn't about to go check by myself. It stopped so I turned the volume up again. Soon, it started bouncing again. I'm thinking maybe it's one of my brothers or sister skipping school also, but hiding out downstairs; however, why would they be making all that noise. Having a few unexplained things happen to me already in the house I became a little worried. It kept bouncing on and off for a couple of minutes. I tried to ignore it but it was just strange.

I looked around at everyone and I wondered why no one was hearing this but me. Next, I hear someone stomping up the stairs, slow but loud. Looking around again, I didn't understand how this was not waking everyone up. I called out to my mom but she didn't hear me. I didn't want to yell and wake the kids so I just sat there frozen, listening to whatever it was coming closer. I didn't know if I was more scared of it being a ghost or a stranger. Suddenly, I heard the kitchen door open and someone walking over the creaky floor in the kitchen. That's when I got scared and ducked behind the coffee table (LOL). Whomever or whatever it was walked into the living room and just stood there and I could feel it staring. I got this bad feeling and whether I lived or died, I was not about to look. After a while, it left and went back through the kitchen.

I'm still amazed how everyone slept through the racket. Maybe it was just meant for me to experience. It could have been an actual person, but I felt like it was something else. I don't know if it was a ghost trying to scare me or a dead relative trying to get me to go to school. All I know is that it was creepy, but to this day I wished I snuck a glance. Sometimes I wonder though if my mom prayed against me. She and my grandma used to say to us kids. You better be good or you're going to see that old lady!

Another time, I experienced something similar was when my sister, a friend, and I where home alone. We were doing our homework at the dining room table. However, there was probably more talking about boys and laughing than doing the actual work. Suddenly, I heard someone coming up the stairs so I told the girls to ssshhhhhh! We heard stomping coming up the stairs so I said it's probably just so and so trying to scare us. I could have sworn all my brothers went shopping with my parents in another town. As the sound moved closer and closer we just stared at each other and waited. Finally, we heard the kitchen knob turn and the door opened, but we didn't see anything. My sister and I are used to the basement/kitchen door opening on its own or sometimes the cat even manages to open it.

Seriously, my cat figured out how to open the door unless it was the ghost opening for her. Just as I was about to say don't let it scare us, the door started opening and banging shut on its own like the ghost was angry. This caused our friend to bolt, followed by my sister and I. We ran to our friend's house across the street and told her family. They didn't really believe us, but they could tell we're scared and out of breath. We didn't go home until my parents got home. The house was a mess when returned due our homework scattered on the floor and the chairs being knocked over in our haste to run out of the house. Of course our friend never stayed the night again after that!

Other hauntings by Lady_Bug81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lady_Bug81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Well since others had the same experience (even if you think they wouldn't admit to it now) at least you know that 1) it wasn't just your imagination, and 2) you weren't totally crazy.
Sometimes, it just amazes me how smart 'dumb' animals actually are. We don't give them enough credit.
Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Yes, that cat was very smart. In the kitchen their was a door that led to the pantry, stairs, and garage. The pantry closet was behind the door, the stairs where on the right and straight across from the kitchen door was a door that led to the garage. At the top of the stairs was a window, my cat figured out that if she jumped from the window seal onto the door handle, her weight and the action of her falling would turn the door knob and open it. At first, I thought that the ghost was actually opening it for her so I went to investigate to see if I could see anything or someone and I witnessed her opening it like that. Too bad my mom let her out of the house one day and she ran away. 😢
Lady_Bug81 (4 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Yes, it was all in the same house. I don't think it was residual, it seemed to know what it was doing. Example, late at night when I would try to watch TV at night sometimes on the side of my eye I would see someone walk by from the kitchen to the hallway and back and fourth, but when I would go check to see who it was no one would be their. Everyone would be in their rooms and then it would happen again like it was playing with me. This only happened when I was alone late at night. I would try to be brave, but eventually I would just get freaked out and go to my room. Some members of my family mentioned this happened to them also. Although, I doubt they would admit it now. It's been years and we all moved out of that house.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Did this happen in the same house of your previous stories?
I think that:
A) it's a residual haunting
B) your cat is very smart
C) poltergeist, specially when you 3 girls were doing homework/talking about boys
D) all of the above.

I hope you changed your mind about school and your mother her method for disciplining, since begging a kid to go to school and this kid just ignoring its parent has never have a happy ending. 😆
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
I hate school too my mom made me go school cause I don't get along with nobody in school and fight in school. And wow must be some ghost who loves school and made you go to school.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: