You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Waresville River Retreat Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Waresville River Retreat Haunted?

 

On Oct. 10-14, 2013, we took our yearly girls' cabin trip. There were 10 ladies on this trip and we stayed at Waresville River Retreat in Utopia, TX for 4 nights. This house is over 150 years old and we thought it might be haunted.

The land has been in the family for 161 years and has lots of history. When I was in the original part of the house, since they have added to the house, it felt so creepy and like if someone was always looking at you.

We decided to set up my laptop with the Web-cam on our last day and night on Oct. 13, 2013. We can't believe all the voices and the manifest. I'm still trying to figure out how to crop all the evidence and put it together.

So far, I have posted a clip on YouTube with a male's voice (remember no men on trip all women) saying "Happy" and a manifest which I think looks like a spine bone. There is so much on the 6 hours of video, especially voices trying to get our attention and interacting on what we are doing. I now feel so bad that we couldn't hear them and respond but we decided not to look or hear the video until we got home so we wouldn't be scared on our last night.

While I was setting up the camera, Valeria and I did see a small black figure run in front of the fireplace before the camera stated rolling. Other than that we didn't see anything else. A few of the girls did feel cold spots and I did feel someone touch my leg where I'm recovering from a dog bite and asked to help heal me.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can assist us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nwilmot, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
I watched the video that you've posted on youtube. I just wanted to say that "spine" looks like a reflection from something bouncing of mirror or a window.

However I did hear a deep mans voice say "Happy" and "Hello"

I also saw a shadow person walk past the door, but it was very quick.

Very good video.

Thanks

BattleScars
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
BattleScars - here's the link. I watched it last night. Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0DhFUuFGs
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Could you post the link for the youtube video in the comments, I would like to see it.

Have you asked the staff at the retreat for any hauntings or ghosts that might be residing there, if so, it would be interesting to hear.

Regards

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: