You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Haunted Plantation

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Plantation

 

This happened to me about a year ago, and I will do my very best to get all the fact straight for you guys, so you can understand it all.

My parents and I took a trip to Virginia and went along route 5 (between Williamsburg and Richmond) to take tours of all the old Plantation Homes. It was amazing, and a lot of fun, but at the end of the day, all the names sort of run together, so by the time we got to this particular home, I didn't pay attention to the name.

What I do remember of this Home/B&B was that it was white or light blue, and was right at the side of the road. It was about two or three stories, and very nice looking. We saw that they gave tours, so my dad turned the car around and we went inside.

WARNING: Here comes the complicated part:

When you first go into the house you are looking down the entry hallway. It wasn't a long hallway, about 20 or 30 feet length wise, but at the other end, there was a doorway. The door was itself didn't go really anywhere, it just showed you a white wall. But you could go right or left to get to different parts of the kitchen. (Are you still with me here? At the doorway, you can only go right or left, not forward, or you will hit a wall.)

Anyway, a nice lady with dark hair and a green shirt came from the living room and welcomed us. She told us how much the tour was, and that a few wedding guests were coming any minute, so she will be replaced with her husband or daughter (the only other two people in the house) to continue the tour. We gave her the money and watched her leave to give us our change back.

My parents were talking about how beautiful the place was, and where we were going to stay later tonight while I was looking at all the cool artifacts around me. Suddenly I started to stare at the doorway at the end of the hall. I don't know why, but it was like I was waiting for someone to go across it.

As I watched, I saw a tall man in a reddish plaid shirt and jeans walked right to left across the doorway. It didn't last very long, just a second or so, but I clearly saw him and clearly knew it was the nice lady's husband. But following him was a woman in a white dress (or at lease white clothing). My first thought was that it was the lady's daughter so I didn't think much about it.

When the lady came back and continued the tour, she told us that the house was haunted, and her daughter had seen the ghost on the stairs. My dad and I thought this was really cool and kept our eyes open for anything, but we left disappointed. Or so we thought.

*side note* I have a type of photographic memory: if something of interest or a certain conversation comes up, I can remember almost exactly where I was, where I was facing, what was said, and what I was even thinking at the time.

Knowing this, it was a few weeks later when I was sitting around a campfire with my family when I thought back to that plantation. I thought about the white dressed girl I saw, and how I thought it was the daughter when something clicked. I remembered being a room while the daughter was talking, and I realized that the lady's real daughter was shorter, older, and was wearing a bright pink shirt then what I remember seeing following her husband across the doorway a few minutes before. I know that whatever I saw was younger and taller, because I got the impression that she was close to my age, and she was nice.

It was a strange experience, and some of you may be asking: How in the world did she not realize what she saw right off? My answer: I was tired, and I didn't think much of it at first.

Anyway, thank you for reading my story, and I am super sorry if it didn't make a lot of sense in some places, but if you comment your questions I will do my best to answer them.

GIRLIE

Other hauntings by girlie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, girlie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Thank you for your comments, and yeah I was mainly worried about how complicated it could be just because the first time I tried to post this story, I was told that it was too confusing. Lol, but thanks for your words.
GIRLIE ❤ 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
Girlie, awesome story, and not confusing in the least bit. I read it and thought, as a young girl while driving around all day is tiring. So, for it not to click is understandable. Thats awesome you saw what you did and eventually realized it! I wish I could go to a B&B and stand around in the middle of artifacts from an earlier era. My mother used to collect antique bottle, medicine etc, from the early 1800's and the vibe they gave off was crazy!
elfstone810 (227 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Cool story, girlie! Don't worry about the fact that you didn't realize you were seeing a ghost until later. I've actually seen (as opposed to heard, felt, sensed,etc.) two ghosts and I thought both were living people until they disappeared. From what I've read, that's fairly common and I suspect many, many people see ghosts every day without ever knowing it.

Thanks for sharing your fun experience! (You know I'm going to have to try to ID that b & b now. 😉)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: