You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black Faceless Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Black Faceless Figure

 

This happened when I was younger primarily but still happens to this day. I used to always tell my mother, "Daddy's going to call in a few minutes" or "Grandmas going to call in an hour!" It didn't matter who it was, I would usually inform my mom ahead of time on phone calls and I was always right. Needless to say, my mom was slightly scared but she didn't say anything to me. I still have an eerie ability to tell who and when a call when come.

A few months after I started doing this, I would see a black faceless figure around the house. Always human in shape, and I get the feeling it's the same one. Even though I should have been scared, I was very calm and even soothed by the figure. It would never touch me or even seem to see me. There's no record of anyone dying or traumatic event happening in that house.

My family moved to a brand new house in Texas, and I still see the figure, although less frequently. I'm not sure what to think. Animals seems to be attracted to the area where I saw the figure. Any ideas what it could be about?

Another interesting fact is I was obsessed with cemeteries even before I could talk. I would try to lean up against the window whenever we passed one in the car. When I could talk, I asked to go to one so often, my parents eventually gave in. I don't remember any of this, but they said I would walk through, brushing my hand over the graves. I wouldn't say a word. Maybe this helps someone figure this out? I'm 18 now and I, for obvious reasons, don't want to tell people. My younger sister has none of the experiences I did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Myboringusername, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JelloPixel (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-17)
My mum has the same ability as you. She knows exactly whos calling lol. The figure seems cool. I don't think its there to harm you. Do you still see it?
simon155 (18 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Not sure about the figure - but seeing black figures is very commonplace it would seem. I'm more than happy describe encounters like that, yet I remain less than convinced by them, often attributing them to imagination. That said, the amazing number of people reporting these black figures does lead me to consider the possibility there is more to the story.

In regards to a "supernatural" sense of when the phones going to ring etc. I'd have to see evidence of that. If of course it's proven to be the case, I believe you can claim a hefty reward if demonstrated in a controlled environment. Over $1m I'm told. Oddly no one has yet managed to claim it...
Myboringusername (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
Thank you for such great insight! Yes, I have talked to some of my family members, and they more or less told me I was making it up, which hurt. After that, I really don't talk to them about the paranormal. I had done some research on my own and came across this entity called shadow figures that were supposedly evil and fed of feelings or fear. That's why I thought I was supposed to be afraid. I have tried talking to it recently, and when I did, I got this strange flashback. It felt like a really intense memory. I asked my father if we ever lived in a house like the one I saw in the flashback, and he told me that we never did. He was also a lot more open about me seeing this apparition. An interesting side note is I've always been in love with feathers and wings. In fact, both my tattoos feature them. I don't know if that has anything to do with this, but at the mention of angels, that came to
Mind.
_LunAtIkA_ (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
I already had that experience before., I saw a faceless boy on the mirror... At first I didn't notice that he is faceless so I talk to him for I was thinking that he's my cousin... He didn't answer so I just walk pass through him... Then I found out that my cousin is still sleeping in his room... Creepy:)
merimorobe (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
That happens to me to except sometimes the figure seems to be talking to me, like its protecting me or something! 😕
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-07)
Well I would like to ask have you ever tried to talk to this "figure" and what makes you say you should have been scared? I am assuming you say it because there is some random figure walking around but are there any other reasons you feel this way?
I am thinking that the figure may be a spirit guide. There are accounts of people seeing their spirits guides and it is not unheard of.
The only other thing that comes to mind as a possibility is that as a young child you would be more open to the paranormal. I would suppose that during one of your cemetery walks you may have had a spirit attach itself to you. This would explain why you could find no record of death where you were. These are just some of my ideas take them as you will. Thank you for sharing.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
My mother and I, having both experienced many premonitions in our lives (and she recounted to me a few stories about her guardian angel), always tried to come up with some sort of explanation for how we'd see things ahead of time. We came up with the theory that perhaps our spirit just accidentally falls out of the body. And it's just long enough for the spirit to remember something that hasn't happened in the physical world yet, because in the spiritual world, time... Just isn't. Now we could never explain seeing other people's pasts or futures in other places. Perhaps because it's a spiritual form, it doesn't rely upon being in the same exact place, but instead tethers to another spirit? I'm not sure. In any case, my hypothesis is that many people see certain things (whether ghosts, angels, demons, premonitions, people's souls, pasts and futures) because their spirits are not fully bound to their physical forms.

I also think that drugs influence people in such a way that it opens them up. It's easier to "see" people who are under the influence. I don't think it's about guarding oneself but more about that tether. That's probably why so many religions advise against or even prohibit the use of certain substances.

And I'm just rambling, but I had to share my thoughts somewhere...

Anyway, I guess it's just a long explanation to say that I believe you have a gift. 😊 Now it's time for you to learn how to be careful with it.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Due to my own past experiences, I am inclined to agree with SDS. I believe this is a good being, and upon reading your description (especially about the animals), I too came to the conclusion that it was a guardian. Perhaps even your personal guardian angel!

When you can "see" things, it opens you up to a lot of potential danger. I wonder if perhaps these beings exist to shield us from being harmed by external forces that couldn't harm us if we couldn't "see" these things.

It's really hard to explain in English. And this is my primary language. 😕 But I think anyone who's been "there" knows what I'm trying to say.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Hi Myboringusername, welcome to YGS. I think you have the ability to foresee things that are coming your way. That is a gift you possess. Try to use it to help others, in any possible way.

As far as the sighting of the apparition is concerned, I just want to ask you, have you discussed it with any of your family members or people in your old house or the present home? Well, perhaps they might have also sighted this entity. I feel that it is harmless and a sort of guardian to you. But with this inputs, it is difficult for me to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
i like walking through cemeteries as well. Like to the point where I am happy walking through the stones. I don't know if it's anything like you, but I feel more at peace and calm when I walking alone in one. Now a days I even talk to the stones, because I get the feeling of them, or someone listening. Whenever there are old graves is where I am at. So I at lease understand you graveyard thing, I was and am the same way. I see no reason though that it is something bad. If you enjoy it, just go with it.
GIRLIE ❤
GhostGlider (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-05)
I have no clue what this is but it doesn't seem to bother you so I am happy for you.
😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: