You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Guardian Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Guardian Ghost

 

My story began in the early hours of a chilly (but not too cold), January morning. I was having some difficulty getting to sleep. This is not unusual for me, as I often have bouts of insomnia during stressful times in my life. I was at that time going through what my doctors call moderate depression. Before I continue, I want to make it clear that I was not suffering and have never suffered a psychosis and while I'm by no means the sanest person who ever lived, I have certainly never hallucinated anything.

The house that I live in is at the end of a cul-de-sac with two neighboring houses, one on each side. The house on the left has a large lawn with a long, wooden fence cutting it off from the main road (which was deserted at the time). Behind the fence are a couple of bare, skinny trees with very few branches. The trees are spaced far apart so you can still see everything over the fence. On the sidewalk, next to the trees and the fence, were a couple of tall streetlights that cast a bright orange glow. It also illuminated the fence and the lawn.

On this night I merely stepped out for some fresh air to clear my head. I took a seat on the patio step (I wasn't cold as I was wearing my fluffy white robe) and stared ahead into the distance. The house to my right was in complete darkness, while the house to my left was brightly lit (or at least the fence was). I don't know how many seconds passed by before I saw it, out of the corner of my eye I saw something dart across the top of the fence. I quickly turned my head to the left and saw a shadowy figure running across the fence. Let me repeat: this was not something I only saw out of my peripheral vision. I actually saw this figure head on with my own two eyes! No doubt because of the streetlights, I was able to see him so well.

I was only able to get a brief look at him before he disappeared into a lone tree that had zero branches. But I did see him long enough to take in his appearance. He had the silhouette of a tall, thin man with a long coat and a fedora hat. Other than that he was completely featureless. He had spaghetti like legs that wobbled as he ran. I can't be certain, as he moved too fast, but I'm pretty sure he didn't cast a shadow, despite being under enough light to do so.

After he disappeared, I just continued to stare at the vacant spot where he had been. Honestly, I don't think I could look away. I was feeling mostly confused and surprised. There was a tiny part of me that felt afraid, but not overwhelmingly. This was strange, for many reasons, but the main one being that I am deathly afraid of the dark, not to mention night time intruders. Needless to say, this is something that should have terrified me. I may not have been feeling calm and collected but I certainly didn't feel as if I were in any danger. Eventually I went back inside, but (understandably) I still had trouble falling asleep. I did in the end.

In the morning I told my mother what happened. She said that it could possibly have been the ghost of her father (my grandfather), who died before I was born. This is another oddity, as my mother has always been a skeptic when it comes to theories about the supernatural (I have too, to a certain degree).

I cannot say for sure what it was that I saw that night, but I can with certainty say what it was not. It was not an animal or a trick of light or my imagination. As I have said before, I have never before in my life seen something in front of my eyes that was not really there. I may be many things, but delusional is not one of them.

Somehow, I saw a shadowy phantom of a man dart across the top of the fence. How or why this happened, I haven't a clue. At that time I was unaware of the shadow person myth. It wasn't until much later that I found out about it and started researching it. I was startled to find stories with their descriptions of shadow people, eerily similar to my own. This continued to trouble me for a while. The only other time I saw a shadowy figure was when I was sick and in hospital. The image was much more fleeting and I couldn't tell if it was a man or woman. I'm not at all sure if this is related, but the surgery I required couldn't allow me to be sedated which meant that I was fully conscious as a tube was inserted into my lung! Surprisingly I felt little next to no pain which surprised most of the medical staff.

Later I began to think that I possibly had a guardian angel, I wasn't certain so I started reading up on the subject. I also began to recall times in my childhood in which I felt I was being comforted by an outside force. There was one instance where I was so upset that I couldn't stop crying and then I felt a calm soothing sensation spread through me like a hand stroking the back of my head. I started reading techniques on how to communicate with my guardian angel, such as meditation etc.

Anyway a couple of nights ago, I believe I was kissed by an angel! I wanted to see and possibly speak to my guardian angel. I tried the night before with little next to no results. I relaxed myself by listening to my rain cd. I pictured myself in a place that made me happy - Disneyworld. I'm not sure if I had any more success than the previous night.

A couple of times I saw a shadowy figure approach me. Sometimes a stern face would appear before me. Sometimes the face would have cat like eyes, wrinkled skin and a heavy brow, other times the face would be completely smooth and flawless with two black holes for eyes. I mentally asked the figure, assuming it was my guardian angel, if they loved me. They didn't say anything but a brief image of a shower of small hearts came into my mind. I felt fairly sure that I had come into contact with my guardian angel. Suddenly, for reasons I can't explain, I was overcome with a yearning to have my guardian angel kiss me on the lips. It wasn't a sexual thing, but in that split second I felt like I might die if I didn't get that kiss. I laid there in expectation for a couple of seconds. I was so sure I wouldn't feel anything. Then out of nowhere I felt this pressure and warmth on my lips, in fact my whole face felt warmer and a dizzying sensation filled my head. It's hard to describe exactly how I felt that night but the one word that can describe it best is... Intense. Eventually it felt so intense that I had to pull away. When I did the intensity disappeared and elation replaced it.

I'm not sure if this could be called a ghost story but whatever it was I am certain that these events were not normal.

Other hauntings by Prosperina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Prosperina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Prosperina (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-15)
12/03/14
As I was trying to sleep earlier, I was plagued by a chronic back pain that left me tossing and turning and then just lying there in agony. Finally unable to take it any longer I begged my guardian angel to take away the pain. I didn't honestly think it would work but then suddenly I felt a heat and intensity cover the affected area not getting rid of the pain but numbing it so I couldn't feel it. This numb feeling crept up my arms and ran down my legs until I was soon cocooned in this warmth. I could feel the intensity rising to my lips and I was worried my guardian angel might kiss me again. I really didn't want that at that moment, I just wanted sleep. As kindly as I could I asked my guardian angel not to kiss me. I felt a slight tingling in my lips but certainly no kiss. Within a matter of seconds I was asleep.
😨
AllieB (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-19)
It's wonderful to have experiences like that. The only thing that bothers me is that I've never heard of an angel appearing as a shadow. It could be you saw a random spirit and that lead you to contact your guardian, thinking the shadow was him.
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-18)
Guardian angels are meant to guard and protect you. Unidentified beings which seek to enter your personal space are nothing to be trusted, in my opinion. Demons, evil spirits, I'm not entirely sure what they are, but I can tell you without a doubt that evil is incredibly good at disguising itself. It's also incredibly good at lying.
The_fascinated_sceptic (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
I am a true believer in guardian angels although I've never had an encounter with one. If the being you talked about really was your guardian angel, then you should be thankful to have it. Not many people experience something like this in all of their lives.
Prosperina (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
I don't want to sound delusional or anything but I really don't believe that this creature means me any harm but only wishes to comfort me when I am in distress. Just the other night I was in floods of tears, I was so upset I thought I was never going to stop crying and then without realizing, my thoughts suddenly started drifting in a much happier and softer direction and then I felt this hand wrap around my ankle! When I tried to lift that foot off the bed I physically couldn't! It wasn't until I started to relax that I could, though the pressure was still there. If guardian angels do exist (and I believe that they do) then I don't believe for one second that they would ever stop being your guardian angel. SplyZe0315 no disrespect to your grand-aunt, I'm sure she is a wise woman who is talented in her craft but I truly believe your guardian angel is still with you. Perhaps they may just be making themselves less noticeable since they were asked to leave, that would be my guess anyway, I can't be certain. ❤
Prosperina (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I didn't vocally ask for that kiss, just mentally but I'm curious as to what other creature it could have been if not my guardian angel? I believe that it was but I am open to hearing the suggestion of others. Why would this being feel the need to decieve me?
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Prosperina, I am not sure what shadow people are. Many people say many different things. Stephen Hawking says that they are inner-dimensional travelers. But I'm not sure anyone really knows. Hopefully it was your guardian angel or guardian that you had physical contact with that night, and not something pretending to be them. If you felt comfortable and safe, then maybe it was. I think instinct matters most in these situations.
Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-09)
Hi Prosperina,

Question, did you invite the being to kiss you by asking for a kiss or did you just feel that you HAD to kiss it?
It is very important to know if you let it make physical contact or if it made contact on its own. I say this because as the others have said, there are entities that will disguise themselves as being of light and love and get you to lower your guard then their true, darker nature surfaces.

I am not, by any means, trying to take anything away from your experience. I have had a dealing or two with my guardian and from my experience, your guardian would not enter your personal space without permission.
I really hope that it is your guardian, but on the off chance that it is not, please be careful. A good way to judge its true intentions is if it wants to make physical contact with you again, politely decline and request it to return on another occasion you dictate. If it does not leave or tries to force contact, then perhaps it is more than it appears to be.

Be safe
Neph
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
I like your story. It's hard to say if the figure you saw is your guardian angel but it's not impossible. It's great to have a positive outlook when it comes to shadow figures. I've seen 4 apparitions directly and it's scary! I never know when I will see another. I feel that we all have a guardian angel watching over us 😊
Triskaideka (2 stories) (388 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
All I can say is I hope this creature is what you think it is. There are beings who will trick you and harm you.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
You're going to need to know more about your guardian... Some spirits use a guise in being nice at first... Some are really nice... Others are mischievous... I'm praying yours is nice... I had a Guardian before... (dunno why I can't post here yet) don't know if it was an angel... But it was mischievous and was always hiding me from my parents (they'll find me under the sink when I can't even walk yet)... Then my mom got pissed (because it plays tricks on her, like pinching to irritate her and hiding stuff) so... When I was 8 she asked my grand-aunt (she gives guardians and blessing to newborns in our family) to take it away and she did... I still have fragments of memories of it... I remember a lot of playing with it in the rain, and hide and seek... I researched about it when I had the ability to and surprisingly belief about "familiars" in my country coincided with it... It can range from being an angel, demon, spirits, or elementals... I wish I had one again... So i'm kind of envying you...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: