You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Premonition Of Death Encounter With The Devil

Real Ghost Stories

The Premonition Of Death Encounter With The Devil

 

Let me start by saying I'm new to this site, and to posting of any kind on the web, really. I found this page ironically by searching for info on "the true tooth fairy tale", and only after reading several posts did I decide to share my experiences. Although I haven't seen a ghost, per say, I've had several unexplained occurrences over the past 10 or so years, between myself and my now 10 year old daughter, who this story is linked to in a way. I'll continue to post the strangest of my experiences within the next few weeks.

This occurred sometime in 2010 in my home in Miami; I'm no longer living there. I woke up next to my boyfriend, as I do each morning, and instantly remember my dream from that night, which scared me immensely. I sit up, and begin to tell him... "The entirety of the dream took place as a third person, so to speak. I was watching the events taking place, and very much a part of it, yet could not see myself. It was as though I was looking in.

I was looking into a hospital room, very small with the bed taking up the majority of it. Everything was crystal clear, except for who the person in the bed was. However, I kept getting the sense that the person's name was Brian, as that name kept repeating in my mind during the ordeal. I saw what looked like the epitome of the devil; made to look as we see in horror films: half animal with horns, hooves, large in nature, and extremely intimidating, leaning over the right side of the bed... The left from my point of view.

Just as I kept getting the sense of the name "Brian," the Devil was speaking to me, without actually speaking. As this man lay still in bed, I was told that I had to make a decision. It was up to me to determine the outcome of his fate; life or death. I was trying to gain more information, as I was confused and terrified. I wanted to know who this person was, and why I was being put in this position with such huge responsibility. What seemed like forever, was merely seconds, and I had a sense of complete urgency, as if the man would pass at any moment.

I continued to try to stall time, so this man would not die, but it was too late. Unfortunately, I was never given an opportunity to make a decision in the matter. He was gone." I woke up the instant his life had been taken from him. As I finish explaining the dream to my boyfriend, I begin to cry. My 10 year old daughter's father is named Brian. Although I am not close to him, and we hadn't been together for nearly a decade, the impending sense of dread had filled me. I felt like this was some sort of sign, and that something had happened to him. In the past, I have had dreams of a lighter nature that have occurred in real life, shortly thereafter.

This is where the paranormal experience ties in... While still drawing any last details I can possibly think of to gain a better understanding, my cell phone rings. It's my daughter's grandmother, Brian's mom. I immediately burst in to tears, knowing that somehow my premonition would be validated. She begins crying too, and I thought for sure something horrible had happened to her son. However, I still could not conceive death.

She tells me something terrible happened to her ex-husband last night. Then it hits me. Brian was named after his father, Brian Sr. He passed away in his sleep that night in his Rhode Island home.

Still, I feel sick when thinking about this, and seeing flashbacks of my dream. Throughout the years, Brian Sr was always there for my daughter and I. Her entire family always had been, and still is. I told the entire family that morning about my dream, but I think I'll wait a few more years to tell my daughter.

Now, please remember that this is a TRUE personal experience, that weighs heavy on my heart, so be kind with your comments. Like I previously mentioned, over the years I've experienced some strange occurrences, and I will continue to share on this site.

With regards to the paranormal, I have more questions than actual beliefs. Since I've never had "that" moment... The face to face, I appreciate going about my life without having to put too much thought into those kind of things. Don't get me wrong, I've always been interested in the paranormal, but too scared to provoke an encounter or investigate further when something does take place in my home...

Any thoughts are welcomed. I apologize for the length but I wanted to provide detail and insight on who I am. The following posts will be more straightforward.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissJoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Thanks again for all of the support. I do appreciate receiving various perspectives on the matter. In regards to the comment below, I didn't think of my daughter's grandfather at first, because naturally I thought of the most relative person. Like I said, Sr had always been there for my daughter and I however, being that Jr was the one I was in a relationship with, I automatically thought of him. I mean, why would I first think about my exes father, instead of my ex himself? To answer your question or clarify your idea, there is no guilt associated with the relationship between my daughter and her father, nor her father and I. Things ended amicably and in good terms. We were both young when we had her, and parted shortly after for lack of connection and compatibility. As for the devil figure? I'm still not sure, but like others have suggested, I'm not reading much into it. Nothing negative has come from the experience or my relationship with any member of her family; rather love, support, and friendships.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
I think that because you saw a devil like appearance in your dream, your sub-conscience was telling you it was your daughter's father and not HIS father that was dying. I'm sensing a little bit of guilt here concerning your daughter and her father and this can bring about unbelievable manifestations in dreams.

I'm thinking you did have a premonition concerning your father-in-law but Brian Jr. Probably got in the way, hence the devil appearance trying to make you bend to his will. Again?
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Hi,
I love your story. Nothing you said or did in that dream could of changed reality. Death is one cruel game. Dont feel guilty and don't feel like you would of done something you were in your right mind to try and stall.
MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Wow! I am surprised, yet flattered to have received several comments this soon:-)! I do appreciate all of your thoughts, opinions, and empathy. I can understand how my subconscious may have created the horrific images, as a means of setting the scene to what would turn out to be tragic. Indeed our minds are powerful enough to display such images, although indirectly. However sad the circumstances, I feel honored that I was given such a gift to be included in someone's journey to the other side, or for him to have reached out to me as such. To answer your question, "no", I don't recall watching anything gruesome in nature that day, although I do frequently watch shows/movies that are dark or involve the paranormal. Again, thanks for all of the support, and as I stated above, I will post more on the experiences I've had over the years. Some are quite strange, and I definitely need insight regarding these happenings. Due to the fact that I've never seen or witnessed an entity, or had any cliche encounters, I am beginning to wonder if I have some sort of gift or energy. I will further divulge in my stories. One particular instance; and I'll make this short, my boyfriend and I were home alone, engaging in a pretty heated argument. Our bedroom is downstairs, leading out into our living room. It's in the middle of the day, and we were in our bedroom bickering back and forth. I decided to leave the room to cool off, as I was getting increasingly frustrated. This is mainly because we are EXTREMELY close, and rarely argue, so it bothers me a lot when we do. I sat on the sofa, which is positioned directly in front of the sliding glass door. I was crying and looking out the window, with my body straight-facing the living room, and only my head turned away. Out of nowhere, I hear a loud sound, followed quickly by 3 more. I turn my head immediately to find several items had been thrown on to the floor. Against the wall to my left, is a medium sized bookshelf. On top of it sits, a large collage photo frame, and some personal items such as: a smaller frame, a candle in a glass jar, and some trinkets. Everything was thrown on the floor in front of the bookshelf, and the large photo frame was flat on top of it. My boyfriend immediately ran out of the room (roughly within 5 seconds of this commotion) and stared at the floor, confused. He thought I had done this in a rage, yet I was still sitting on the couch in utter shock. The strange thing is that this kind of activity has never happened since then, although other things have. Could this have been due to my energy, or another's? Any ideas are welcomed. Sorry for the length but I felt that story was too short to warrant its own entry.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I meant to say he could have appeared to you in your dreams to say goodbye
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I'm not entirely sure as to why you saw the demon in your dream. Did you watch a horror movie with a creature that closely resembled what you saw in your dream right before you had the dream? That is the only thing that I could think as to why it appeared in your dream.

As for the dream of him dying, I trully believe you had a paranormal experience. Would it be possible that he slipped into a coma or unconsious state? He may have appeared to you in his dreams to say goodbye.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I agree with aussiedaz - I don't in any way feel that you were responsible for Brian Sr.'s death. Our mind will often sense events psychically and then spin a story through the dreamtime, but that is not necessarily what is going on. My sense is that you picked up on Brian's impending death, felt a sense of helplessness (as you couldn't change it) and that helplessness translated itself into a powerless dream of being unable to save someone in a dream. The demon and the quite unfair choice you were given were merely props. Dreams of powerlessness are common; whether unable to save the life of someone we love, being locked in a car or room (a recurrent dream of mind as a child), having to give a public speech to millions while naked, or other such traumas, our deeper psyches are giving vent to feelings that in waking life we try to push aside. Know that it was your subconscious trying to work out the emotions that came up as a result of what you were sensing (Brian's passing), NOT anything you were doing, not doing, or were responsible for. Be well.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
I can say this to you straight up, no matter how you responded in this dream of yours, Brian Sr was always going to pass on, it was his time I can reassure you of that... At the same token, your dream was a little more than just a coincidence too... I do believe it relates more to you having a premonition relating more to the conversation about Brian on your cell phone the next morning, when we dream, we are in a spiritual state of mind and we all have the gift to tune into things that happen ahead and often the next day... A lot of people don't remember the details about their dream but you did and that's the difference with your account... The part about the devil was not real in my view... Our spiritual mind is also very creative at times in mixing actual events (premonitions) along with conscious anxieties of things that may give us the creeps it has happened to me and I'm sure others...don't feel guilty at all by the way you reacted in your dream, you was very brave in the first place by trying to stall him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: