You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Night Terrors And Demons

Real Ghost Stories

Night Terrors And Demons

 

Got a question for those out there in paranormal land.

On Sunday night, 10/27/2013, my youngest daughter woke up in a fit, crying from a bad dream. My oldest daughter said, rather plainly, "She had a bad dream from a demon attack."

When I asked why my oldest daughter would make her think or say that, she said that it was just what she thought - no real explanation. Anyway, I prayed a hedge of protection for the family, and threatened the demon, if it was there, that if it tried anything on my family again, I would have no problem sending it to the seventh level of hell and doing it with a smile on my face.

Almost exactly at that moment that I said those words, my pit bull outside, in her kennel, starting growling a very menacing growl. She was bowing up on something outside. Usually she just barks or woofs at things rolling by, but this was different. She was protecting the family from something outside that she perceived as menacing enough to growl at it. It put my husband on enough alert that he went outside with his shotgun to check for intruders.

My question is this: Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this? If so, would you be willing to share it? Does anyone have any idea of what a "night terror demon" might look like if, in fact, they exist?

Needless to say, my children slept soundly after the incident, nothing was found by my husband, and my pit bull didn't growl at anything else after that. Kids have nightmares, sure, but this situation seemed strange on the outset. Any insights on the matter are greatly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmyDickinsonCampbell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

clobo214 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
I think that you definitely need to sit your oldest daughter down and have a chat with justyou and her she could be experiencing stuff for her to come straight out and say that hun ❤
Tripox21 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
dont think you got any kind of demonic entity, entities like demons usually hates everything and want to destroy stuff, maybe even feed some of the negative energy while harming, but absolutely, a lot of people are having issues with the other side attacking people, or disturbing, some don't attack people just want to catch other peoples attention to scare or tell that its there, some get the smaller demonic types then there's negative spirits, some can be from past lives as well.

Psychic attacks happen, I get attacked everyday 24/7.
Most of the time atleast.

Ex of how a demonic entity interacts with a person, from personal experience:

Ranging from mental to physical attacks, at first when its attacks started it kept me up for 5 days and then almost felt like I was going insane, barely ate or drank then I went to the hospital got sleeping pills and some atarax to help me calm down, sleeping pills helped but not the atarax, matter of fact the atarax hightened my stress.

I was a wreck at the time, took some time to come back from it, then when the attacks started again I knew how it attacked and how its pattern worked, then I realised that its attacks ranged and acted uppon what I would percieve or think harder to deflect I could start to stop being afraid of it and less and less attacks occured.

Have had scratches, like 3 long drag marks, or like the recent one I have had like 8 long scratches on my left side from rib to waist, one going over the other, haha I got no long nails and I can feel when this thing do it on me, sick.

To this day the negative entity/demon/incubus has come up with a new way of attacking, usually attacks sexually, or via inflicting internal pain in the body, goes from waist and up, not a nice thing at all more like rape, and to be honest that form of attack is more harder to deflect than all the other attacks I usually get since its physical...
Oh yeah my phone usually opens and closes, no messages or phone calls just starts up from sleep mode then shuts down (cell phone btw) there's all kinds of things this entity has done, just beyond belife stuff so to speak, was also paralyzed in bed one morning and heard 2 breaths in my left ear while it felt like something had gone inside me going like in a square motion in my stomach then phew out of me and everything was fine after that, have not had anything like that after that only a one timer thingy.

Becoming a book here but what the heck

Just be weary of this thing you got around your place, it can turn ugly,

Been like a paranormal activity rollercoaster for me, haha not very nice, hope you don't have to experience nothing like this
kat3cats (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-17)
I have had experiences like this with my daughter. It began when I brought her home from the hospital-- she would NOT sleep in a certain room of the house. We were in a rental home that was built in the early 1900's. If I tried to lay my daughter in her crib she would stare fearfully at the ceiling and scream and cry. When I lay her in while sleeping she would flail after about 10 minutes and then start screaming in her sleep. My eldest son experienced hissing and spitting noises in his room. I had a priest come to cleanse the house and I started rebuking whatever was attacking my children. It would settle down and then come back from time to time over a period of 4 years. For some reason my daughter called it the "cha-chacha," seriously. I never talked about what this could be to my children. It all stopped when we moved out of that house May 2013. The night screaming, "seeing things," asthma-- everyone's physical, mental, and emotional health improved. I'm glad we're out of there.
Tresna (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-13)
I've been dealing with demons that cause night terrors too. They cause them so they can feed off of the negative energy. You did exactly the right thing by standing your ground and threatening him. For a strong-willed person like you, a demon is no threat at all.
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
ADC:

Earlier I mentioned having slightly similar experiences as your family. Let me clarify.

I have had several demonic attacks occur while sleeping. The 'nightmare' involves me rebuking (in the name of Jesus) & physically wrestling a demon. I wake up completely drained and unsettled from the confrontation. In addition, I do not remember what they look like.

Your dogs reaction is very frightening. Evil has a distinct presence. Its something that can be felt and difficult to describe. If you believe it was evil, then you are probably spot on.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hello AmyDickinsonCampbell, I also do not think that it is a demon. Further, I would request you to discuss with your daughter as to how she told that her younger one was having a nightmare involving a demon. I feel that it is just a bad dream or a nightmare, that is all. The growling of your dog might be because of a paranormal sighting or otherwise.

Still I feel, as RedWolf said, that you should not to discuss about demons and all with the children. It is better to avoid.

The activities of demon will be totally different from what you described and much more violent and virulent. So, I feel that whatever you described is not demonic and I still hold the feeling that it is only a nightmare of your kid.

This is what I feel. Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
I have had several encounters with different demons and not all will run away with the use of the Catholic faith, back when I was oppressed by a demon he laughed at me for even using Jesus as a way to get rid of it because I did not believe it that faith, I did not really have a faith until I was oppressed, I started believing in the Earth Mother and using my own prayer to her for protection against the demon and it worked with the help of my own mother, We have had several different demons pass through trying to gain entry to our home but with my mothers prayers and my own to the Earth Mother the demons leave.

The Earth Mother sent to me my Spirit guide as a protector a large white wolf who I have seen in my home, yard and have spoken to, she is very friendly and has kept the demons away which I am extremely grateful for since I am an Empath.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
ADC
My question is why your older daughter said her younger sister had a dream of a demon attacking her?
Young children get night terrors all the time but do not remember what they dreamt about upon waking crying and shaking. That is a true night terror.
Do you talk to your children about demons all the time? If you do stop, this is NOT a conversation you have with children. With all that is going on in this world today, especially school shootings your children need to know that people have mental illness and not demonize the person.
As for making a demon turn tail and run.? I am a sensitive also but I rather say psychic/medium and have been for many years. Thereis a difference between an angry spirit and a demon. God does not grant any one of His children the power or authority to make a demon tuck his tail between his legs and run. EVERYONE would have this power. Demons come in different forms some human.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
The name of Jesus and the total authority that comes from knowing He defeated hell will most definitely make a demon turn tail and run. Good for you for letting the Lord show you how to protect your babies! And good for the dog for assisting!
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
I've always heard that "demons" don't "tuck tail and run" no matter how aggressive you are because they don't fear anything. My thought is, it was probably a nasty negative spirit that wanted some attention and got it through you're daughter's nightmares. Once you stated that it wasn't welcome it left. Your pit probably sensed this and "nipped" it in the tail as it was exiting.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Oh I would like to add one more thing... I believe you when you say you have seen them tuck tail and run. I have seen them do that too.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Amydickinsoncampbell,
Only you would know if it was demonic or not. You already said your dog was acting out of character, and your baby. This could have been just passing thru. I would like to suggest getting a camcorder or tape recorder. If it happens again, mabie you could capture what it is.

As far as your question, I haven't come accross something demonic attacking a baby before, but then it is entirely possible. But there are lots of demonic stories out there including a few of mine. CCTEMP did say their experiences were similar to yours.

It sounded like your were a little defensive with your last post. I believe your story, and I am not discounting that it was infact demonic. But you haven't really said anything that indicated it was a demon other than your own beliefs, your dogs growl, and your babies indication that something was different. Other people that are commenting are trying to help.

If you think it was demonic, then it was demonic. No one else can tell you with out a certinaty that it wasn't.
AmyDickinsonCampbell (1 stories) (4 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
I appreciate all your input. Although I understand many of your doubts of demons tucking tail, if people don't understand the authority we have in God to keep those demons under our feet, then doubt is expected.

Like I said before, I've been a sensitive since my teens, but what I didn't say is that I've been dealing with demons and ghosts for equally as long.

This is only one of hundreds of stories that I could tell from my own personal experiences. And, yes, they tuck tail with me because I'm not afraid of them & I understand the authority with which God has granted me as one of His children. Please understand that I don't go looking for them, but I will deal with them if they cross my path.

My question is whether anyone else has experienced anything like what my family collectively experienced to include the dog outside... I'm interested in hearing about them.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
I'm with lady-glow on this one it doesn't seem to me that there was anything demonic involved here. My first thought was maybe someone was cutting through your yard or something causing your pit to growl.
CCTEMP (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
ADC: Thank you for sharing your families frightening experience.

I believe there is a difference between a bad dream and a malicious attack from a demon. It sounds like your older daughter may have had some sort of terrible dream or encounter she believes is demonic. Could she be diagnosing her little sisters bad dream based upon her own experiences?

I have had a couple of similar experiences myself. The only way I can describe them is a demonic attack.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
ADC (for short): Interesting story, although I, personally, think that all the events are mere coincidences.
How old are your daughters? Perhaps the oldest one came with the idea of a "demon attack" upon a show she watched? Some cartoons nowadays are rather dramatic and kids repeat what they say without really knowing its meaning (once my nephew threaten to freeze his grandma's butt with his laser gun!) 😆
Your dog growling, is there any chance she saw a predator roaming the area? That would make her go into a protective mode.
Personally, I do not think or believe a demon would go away with its tail between its legs after you asked it to leave in such a polite and nice way.
But I might be wrong and since you are a sensitive better trust your gut instinct, I'm sure it would let you know when you are dealing with something paranormal.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.
AmyDickinsonCampbell (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention about my pit, she hasn't growled at anything since that I have heard. She doesn't gratuitously growl. That was definitely a different night.
AmyDickinsonCampbell (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Thanks for the input. We've had peace in the house since. It was definitely an odd experience.

I've been a sensitive since my teens, so I guess I chalked up her perception to my baby girl's tears to a perception like mine, but it may be something else.

I just wanted to really know if anyone else out there has any experiences like this one.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
Good story I really like this awesome story ❤ 😠 😁 But if I were you I would watch your eldest daughter closely because how would she know about the younger sister dream?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: