You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: When Jerry Attacks

Real Ghost Stories

When Jerry Attacks

 

I believe in God. I believe there is a heaven and hell. I thought because I believed in God and prayed every day that nothing could ever enter my home. Little did I know...

A little about my house first, the house we live in is my husband's great-grandmother's and has been in his family since 1942. There is no record of the house being built but you can tell that it is very very very old. Older than 1942.

A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law and my 3 year old nephew were at our house. The weather was nice so our door was open, letting a nice breeze in. My sister-in-law, myself and my husband sat our on our veranda and visited while we told my nephew (who we will call Billy) to go inside and find some toys to play with. While we were talking, Billy came out and asked us, "Who is that inside?" Keep in mind that only myself and my husband living in our house. Needless to say, we were a little taken aback when he asked us that and I told him that nobody was inside. He looked at us strange but just went back to playing.

Later in our conversation, Billy's mother mentioned it was strange how he saw someone in our house. She asked him if the person was a boy or girl. Billy said a boy. She then asked if he was tall like his daddy. And Billy said, "No, short like Mommy." We all looked at each other, pondering what he could have seen.

About a half hour later, he comes back outside and asks who the person on the couch is. By then, we are starting to get a little nervous. I asked him to bring me inside and show me what he was talking about. We walked inside and I asked if he could see him right now. He said, "Yes, he's right there on the couch." We walked into the living room and I asked Billy if he was still there. Billy looked around and walked into the computer room. He looked around the room and said, "No, he is all gone". We were freaked out about it but laughing as well since it's so close to Halloween we thought that was spooky.

Last week, my sister-in-law told me that Billy had told her out of the blue that the man in my house was named Jerry and he wears boots. She said that she has no idea where he would have heard the name Jerry as they know no one with that name, nor is there anyone at his daycare with that name. I asked my husband if anyone in his family as named Jerry and he said no.

Fast forward to last night. I was in the shower and almost ready to get out. I felt something tug on my hair and didn't really think anything about it. All of the sudden, my head was pulled backwards with such force that I fell all the way back, crashing down into the bathtub. On the way down, I must've tried to stop myself because a brand new bottle of shampoo came down right onto my eye. I started to scream and was climbing out of the bathtub when I felt my back burning. I screamed and cried even louder. My husband came running into the bathroom asking what had happened. I couldn't even talk, I was so hysterical. I just knew I wanted to get as far away from that bathroom as possible. My husband got angry with me because I couldn't tell him what happened. He stormed down into our basement.

I immediately called my step-father, who is a man of God. He told me that I had to read aloud from my bible and to pray in every room, casting out anything that is not from Jesus. I was scared but the house is mine and I will not have it taken away from me. I went to every room, including the bathroom. When I got to our computer room, I froze. The air was heavy and I felt faint. I prayed and read from Psalms and left that room as soon as I could.

I went into my bedroom to inspect my body afterwards to see what the damage was. I was starting to feel everything now that the adrenaline was wearing down. When the bottle fell on my eye, it immediately left a bump with a cut. I knew I'd have a black eye in the morning. Bruises were starting to form on my arms already. My ankle and knee felt as if I had twisted them. I then turned around and looked at my back in the mirror. I had scratches which look like claw marks from the nape of my neck running down to my lower back. Part of the scratches were bleeding.

I slept with the light on and my bible and cross on my nightstand. My husband slept downstairs and I had two of my dogs sleep in bed with me. I did not sleep well and kept waking up scared. I woke this morning very tired and sore but I got myself up and went to work.

I will not let this "entity" control my life. I'm not sure if it is still there or not but I know I'm not letting it take my house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckygirl8387, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luckygirl8387 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Thanks all for your thoughts and concerns. Billy saw Jerry again a couple weekends ago and seemed a little scared of him. He did tell us that Jerry wouldn't hurt us and that Jerry isn't mean. Now that you all mention it, I do not believe Jerry is the one who attacked me. I do believe it was something entirely different, something darker.

Also, I have noticed a lot of my things are missing lately. Little things, like hair ties, earrings, make-up. I'm usually an pretty organized person so I don't think I misplaced them but anything is possible.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
I agree with SplyZe0315, If you do not put all strength and faith into your prayer it will not work.

Apfelkorn, By the way the Celtic Trinity was originally a Pagan symbol known as the Triquetra which has been used for protection.
kariorit (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Have your step-father come over and cleanse the house. Perfect love casts out fear and the battle is not yours, it belongs to Jesus, who defeated hell on the cross.

Rook has a good cleansing for homes... Personally, I play praise music, pray in tongues and burn sage. (I believe in using all the tools in my arsenal!) I'm assuming you're a Christian... So if I'm off base, I apologize.
Apfelkorn (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Dawg, yes, but of course... Only if it's a Christian demon. If not, the Holy Trinity would have no meaning to it.

Oh wait, Christian demon? This makes no sense.

Exactly... It makes no sense. Thanks for your comment.
007dawg (1 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Were there 3 scratches on your back? I've often heard that demons scratch people with 3 streaks to mock the Holy Trinity.
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
I picture you rolling up the sleves and ready to duke it out with the entity threatening home and family, and I can understand. It's a Mom thing. I think getting a blessing is always good. And I agree with the idea there must be a seperate entity causing the problems. But you know "walk in the light" and there won't be any room for darkness. Hang in there.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Whatever the entity is, I think it had enough fear to feed on, to be able to manifest physically... Atleast enough time to grab your hair and scratch. Other than that, just do what your dad told you. But there's a catch... Running to God means that you need to put your whole trust in him. So speaking words in the Bible, you need to cast your fear to God and let him handle it and not to worry anymore. Otherwise, the words you speak will be meaningless.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Wow luckygirl, what a scary experience! I don't think I could have slept a wink that night, if that had happened to me! Maybe Valkricry is right, maybe it wasn't Jerry, but someone or something else. And I agree have someone come bless the house! Applesauce, your screen name just made me want applesauce, and I don't have any. 😢
AppleSauce27 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Interesting story. I agree that it's possible that the 2 are different, again for the reasons Valkricry stated.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
luckygirl838- how long have you lived in that house?
It's possible that 'Jerry' whom Billy saw and whatever attacked you are two different beings. I only mention this because Billy had no fear. Little kids have fantastic intuition when it comes to spirits. You might ask your step-father to come over and re-bless the house.
I sincerely hope that nothing more has happened.
iveaquarius (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
This sound very serious, is really scary to find out that a ghost/entity can do that. Very hard to believe eventhough I believe and hope everything goes ok. Pls let us know if anything changes 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: