You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: The Big Blue Orb

Real Ghost Stories

The Big Blue Orb

 

As a small child I would normally be left in the care of my elder brother while my parents went out on a Friday night. My brother was 16 at this time and always had friends over, not just one specific type either, the goth, nerd, prep and a few chavs.

At the time I was 5 or 6 but this specific memory has stayed in my head as it was so very scary. Many people came round our to see the 'ghost' that lurked in the kitchen every night and would travel to and from through the hallway. This being had been there so long we hardly batted an eyelid when we saw the paranormal activity happening right in our own home.

Our home at that time was a railway house and was a part of six cottages that are notoriously haunted. Everyone of the six cottages has had paranormal activity happening in their homes and shared the current goings on over general chit chat. It isn't surprising that the cottages are haunted seems they're over 100 years old.

This particular night everyone had left early and me and one of my brother's close friends, James, was left alone. James was a keen ghost hunter and had been in many 'most haunted' tours and enjoyed capturing clips of ghosts and other supernatural energies. James got out his top quality camera, turned all the lights off and mutes the television so we was left with the dull light projecting off the TV screen. As I was only a child I curled up next to my brother and waited for something to happen.

After minutes of waiting anxiously for something to happen a big blue orb traveled across our living room and disappeared at the bottom of our stairs where we lost sight of it. Now, knowing that blue orbs are a sign of a calming energy, it makes me realise that the ghost in that house were not evil or threatening but positive and kind.

James has the footage somewhere I suppose. He caught the action on tape and was very pleased with the outcome. That was the first and last time I saw the orb.

Other hauntings by Indie101

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Indie101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Indie101 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hiya, unfortunately my brother is no longer in contact with James since he moved away and started a family but I don't think he would have the video seems this happened many years ago,! Just thought I'd share one of my experiences in the site:)
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Indie you're a brave soul to tell everyone on this site that you have video of a blue orb, and then not post it. 😁 But good story, thanks. I'm going to google chav.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Thanks lady-glow. Sounds like a cross between a punk and a greaser to me. 😕
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
valkricry: I asked myself the same question, wth is a 'chav'? And this is what I found:

Http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Chav
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
I have to ask, what the heck is a 'chav'?
Any chance we might get to see the video?
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
If you still have the video, the other YGS members and I would like to see it.

Has anything else happened since then?

Looking forward to your response.

BattleScars

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: