You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Danger When Driving At 75 Mph

Real Ghost Stories

A Danger When Driving At 75 Mph

 

While living in Metro-Detroit and dating a man, I found out who my guardian spirit is and this is about an experience I had when driving with said guardian spirit.

I have only had about 3 to 4 or so total experiences with him, mostly of him being angry with me because of my finding his grave stone at the cemetery in Wolcottville (most recent, winter 2013), getting a tattoo for him as a reminder that family is important [August 2007] (as he is an older brother of my grandfather, and had died when he was 27 years old... My grandfather was 6 at the time that my guardian had passed from this world into the spirit world), and that I found out it is him who watches over me (October 2005).

Most times that I feel his presence is when I am driving long distances, and he typically sits in the backseat behind me. The main experience that still has me a bit off guard is of when my, at the time, boyfriend and I were traveling to Indiana from Metro-Detroit (Fall 2006) and we had been on I-96 for maybe 5 to 10 minutes.

Now mind you, I grew up in Northeast Indiana. We were traveling there to visit my family, and this is where I'm living now again. As I was putting the vehicle up to speed (75 MPH) and setting the cruise control, I felt two hands go through mine on the steering wheel (which I rarely if ever have my hands at 10 and 2, out of habit, but this time I did have my hands placed at this position) and a foot go through my right foot on the gas pedal. It was the most unsettling feeling I have ever felt in my entire life, as it was just like a gentle breeze playing with the hair on my cheek, but it didn't stop at just the skin of my hands and my foot... It went down to the bone, through the muscle and felt like a gentle breeze would feel if it did actually go through skin and muscle. I had that jerk reaction of taking my hands off the steering wheel and cussing up a storm, asking him to never let me feel his hands and foot again go through mine.

My boyfriend stared at me bugged eyed and almost grabbed the steering wheel when he realized what was happening (as he's more of the medium/psychic who sees spirits. I don't see them, I feel/sense them and receive images/pictures on occasion).

I have since never once ever felt him place his hands or foot through mine... Especially when driving!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fetterska81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

khizar (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Welcome to YGS and nice story but did you ask your boyfriend about the incident he might have saw the angel.
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
What possessed (no pun intended) you to get a tattoo for your grandfathers older brother? Am I missing something? Additionally, what connection (other than what you stated) do you have with him that he would be watching over you? Are you named after him? Share a birthday? Thanks
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-11)
Hi fetterska81, welcome to YGS. It is good that you have a guardian angel to protect you and that too your elderly relative, who passed away in his youth. The presence you felt when he tried to control the car through your hands is quite unsettling. It is good that after your request he just ensured that you didn't feel like what you did when you were driving about 7 years ago.

Nice story and thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: