You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Could It Have Been A Pram?

Real Ghost Stories

Could It Have Been A Pram?

 

I am new to YGS. I have been reading YGS for a couple of months and I really love all the stories. Although sometimes some of the stories do sound a bit over the top and maybe made up, I guess.

I am not sensitive to the paranormal and have the biggest respect for it all and I often wonder if ghosts are real, although my family was, while I grew up, but that is quite another story and some not so nice experiences on their part. I love reading ghost stories and I am sure I am the biggest fan of the TV series "Ghost Whisperer".

I only have one experience when I was about 14 years old (except the one time when I saw the silhouette of a man without a head outside my parents' window when I was about eight or nine years old, but that could have been my imagination or something).

Sorry, back to my experience: we stayed in a flat in Nahoon, East Londen, South Africa. The flat had wooden floors. Many nights we heard what sounded like the wheels of a pram (baby carriage) rolling on the wooden floor, from the room we were standing in to the next room. I know for certain that the sound didn't come from somewhere else. I remember, the first time we heard it, we weren't scared and we didn't feel threatened. It actually sounded funny to us. My mother and I both heard it several times and only at night.

Unfortunately and sadly we had to move back to the Free State, so I didn't have the chance to experience more. We always thought it was the wheels of a pram, but after reading all the experiences here, maybe it could have been something else?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charne35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Thanks, AudreyJay 😁. I just wish I had a bit more to tell... It's quite sad, because we actually moved from the Free State to the Eastern Cape and only stayed in East Londen for about a year and a half and then we had to move back to the Free State again. We only stayed in the flat for a couple of months. We stayed at my aunt's house which was next to the flats for more than a year. I loved staying there. I made a lot of friends in such a short while. I was really sad when we had to move back again.
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
That was my next question, about it being an older one with big wheels. I'm sure they were quite noisy on a wooden floor. Nice story.:)
Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
AudreyJay, I think the reason for the sound to be so clear, was that it was old wooden (little blocks) floors. We basically stood in the way the sound was moving from one room to the other. We even followed the sound. It always went from the right room to the left room and just faded. That's why I always wondered what it could be. We just thought it sounded like carriage (stroller,pram) wheels. Old prams had bigger noisier wheels than the modern ones. It was a special experience for me, because it was something that my mother and I had experienced together. If I can remember correctly, it happened in 1994.
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
There are many different things it could be, but without you still living there to investigate, your not likely to ever find out. I do have 1 question, what exactly do stroller (pram) wheels sound like? Must have been one noisy pram.
Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Thank you for your comment,valkricry. There weren't any fans or ceiling fans in the flat. I would like to add that our nextdoor neighbour was a middle-aged man with white hair who stood in the sun the whole day, claiming that he worshiped the sun god. It was quite funny.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Hi Charne, well it could have been a pram. It's just as easily could have been the bearings in a ceiling fan, but you would have heard that at any time it was quiet... Given the information you can supply, I think the best answer I can give you is an inconclusive could have been. 😆 Sorry about that.
Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
lady-glow,yes, the flat was attached to other units. But the sound was very clear, it happened right in front of us. It wasn't a muffled sound or sounded like it came from somewhere else. 😕
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Welcome to YGS.
It is hard to say what your mother and you heard in that apartment, specially since you already moved out of there.
Was this flat attached to other units? Perhaps the next door neighbors had a baby and rocked him to sleep rolling his pram. In some old buildings is possible to hear the sounds coming from every corner of the place.
It is interesting that neither you nor your mother feel threatened or uncomfortable, this would suggest that the energy of the place didn't change.
But I'm just guessing, perhaps you really had a paranormal experience but luckily it was a harmless one!

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: