You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: 10 Years Of Reality Or Insanity?

Real Ghost Stories

10 Years Of Reality Or Insanity?

 

My story begins when I was just a little girl, around the age of 4. As a little girl I was really fascinated by 'ghosts'. I loved to hear ghost fantasy stories, like Casper or haunted castle. But when I was little I could remember seeing things in windows and mirrors, I could hear tapping on the walls, footsteps. But I never really got scared by this. I was quite a creative child so I put most of what I saw down to this.

I stopped seeing and hearing things by the age of 6. But when I moved houses at the age of 9, it all started up again. We moved to a little village just off our old house. It was an oldish house, but I wouldn't say it was over a hundred years old. My bedroom was right at the back of the house, across from the front of the stairs. In my bedroom I had one of those bunk beds where it was a desk underneath, and at night I could feel something poking my mattress from underneath and hear things moving around. This was all that really happened until I was 10/11.

When I was around about the age of 10 and 11 things started to happen. I have got to admit that as a child I loved all this spooky stuff and watched quite a lot of horror movies, so I guess it could have been my imagination... But I got really scared. I always felt as I was being watched. I'd hear thing coming from the attic and I'd see shadows from under the doors like someone was standing there, to open the door and find no one was. Things moved and went missing and never returned. It got to a point where I would here footsteps, feel something sit at the bottom of the bed. Every night I would get up and run around the house switching lights on, sometimes I would wake up screaming and crying. But everything seemed to stop once I was 12.

I moved again when I was 13 when my mum and my step-dad (who brought me up all my life) split so me, my mum and my younger sister moved nearer the center of my home town. I've been living here two years and nothing much as really happen. I could hear taps on the walls but I would dismiss it. But now, at 15, things are happening again and I feel like I'm going insane. For the last four months I've been having bad sleep paralysis, and in everyone I would see a tall black shadow figure.

The first time it happened I dreamed I was thrown on the floor and pinned down. When I could finally wake, I found myself on the floor. Since then I've had one every month around the same time. Most of the dream would be about murder, and the black shadow would appear and during the paralysis I could manage to open my eyes and I could see the shadow coming towards me. Once it got me it felt literally like death. And since these dreams I've started hearing and feeling things again. But since two weeks ago, it has gotten a lot, lot worse.

I would hear something come up and down the stairs (my bedroom is on the ground floor, right next to the stairs) and I knew it wasn't my cat because she always slept with me. Things started moving and going missing. I could hear my name being called and always felt like I was being watched. Now I've started to hear voices, mumbles, laughter... The taps and bangs are getting louder, I feel something touch me, and something will stroke my face and mess with my hair when I try to get to sleep. I can't sleep at night, but when I do I have the weirdest dreams or I will wake up every hour or half.

But the night a few days ago scared me the most... I had a sleep paralysis and a huge pressure, like someone grabbed me harshly on my shoulder, neck area and I was dragged backwards by this 'shadow'. Now, when I do go to sleep I sleep just under my pillows so the pillows touch the top of my head, when I manage to struggle myself awake my head was touching the head of the bed. My neck and shoulders still hurt now.

Everywhere I go now, I feel like I'm constantly being watched. Even in school I can hear voices saying horrible, negative things. I can see things. I'm on the edge all the time. I've lost my appetite, I have no energy and I can hardly sleep. I feel like this thing, or whatever it is, is slowly tearing me apart. I don't know what to do.

I've tried to speak to my mum about this but all I can tell her is about the sleep paralysis, she puts it down to me not eating. She barley knows about the other things. I don't what to do, I feel like I'm going insane. Am I going crazy? I don't know what to do, or what I can do. Am I going crazy or is this real? I'm so confused and I'm actually in fear all the time. Please, what should I do? Is this real? I am open to any views. Any help at all will be so helpful and I will be so grateful.

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CreepyGirl13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

possiblyinsanechild (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-06)
The same sort of things happen to me as well. I know that there is something or someone in my bed room and it (unlike your thing) is quite funny and entertaining. It knocks things off the shelf and then when it does, I hear an odd laughing sound. I think the best thing to do with a ghost is just swear at it or be funny with it; don't act bothered by it because that is when it thinks it is better than you. Say something to it but not so much that you provoke it. I currently live in a small village that over centuries has been a home for lords, knights and highwaymen. The highwaymen are what are frequently seen in the village (usually near the pub) and the Lords and knights are usually seen just outside the village where there is a huge mansion that started off as a Lord's manor, then turned into a boarding school for boys and is now a just a rich guys house. There was a small period of time when the mansion was abandoned so my family and I went in and it was amazing!

I really hope my advice and personal happenings help you in some way:)
AustinKrueger (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-10)
Well, this may not be my first time, but I honestly believe your are both haunted and going insane from the sleep paralysis. Though I'm not entirely sure what sleep paralysis is, I know that lack of sleep can and will cause you to see things or cause self harm. It is entirely possible however that when you were young and into ghosts and horror movies, something may have caught on and decided to follow you around to prove just about everything you've seen/heard can/will happen. As for the pain you have in your neck and shoulder, that may be cause to the lack of sleep taking control.
Eve28 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
I don't know if your still having this happen to you. But I use to have sleep paralysis and I use to have bad dreams about this demon and people becoming posed. I Finley had enough and started to fight back in my dreams I would call out to Jesus to help and at first in my dreams I could not get the word Jesus out I couldn't speak it but I tried really hard and did it. You have to gain control over it don't let it scared you. You are strong and it has no right to invade your well being fight back. When I use to get sleep paralysis I could feel something there with me I could hear it talking but I learned to not give in wake yourself up you can do it just keep teling your self to get up to roll over to look at what is there because you are in control not it it has no right to keep you still its your body you have to claim it once you learn do not fear it and that you have Controll over your dream it won't be able to mess with you anymore it took me awhile to get over fear in realize I am strong I'm in charge in Jesus is with me you're not alone
M1cr0b1al (3 stories) (38 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-04)
There are a few experiences that you mentioned that are very similar to schizophrenia (which I don't actually think you have, by the way). If you are interested, you can do some research on it.

Although, I do believe your story and the happenings in it, to be paranormal in nature. It would be interesting to see what may be happening to you in your sleep. Perhaps you should invest in a motion-sensitive camera?

That would at least be definitive proof of sleep paralysis or real, physical movement/apparitions.
GhoztGhost (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
CreepGirl13

I think that you are having a sleep paralysis, I am not sure about this but sleep paralysis is the same as you describe your problem. Check this site about sleep paralysis and see if it helps you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
AngelaT (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
I miswrote that the Sussex nhs Trust 'hadn't' been negligent. They were, extremely, and continue/d to be toward other patients. Again, doing this in tiny print from my phone doesn't help and I've no access to a desktop for a while.
AngelaT (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
(Sorry, phome went odd again) you're not 'odd' or 'peculiar'. You don't have an untreatable illness such as the plague. You are absolutely 100% not possessed either, nor is some spirit trying to possess you - in case you were thinking it. Take care and I hope to soon read on your updates that your illness is being assessed, treated, and that you are experiencing a life without fear and you are better than ever.
AngelaT (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Sorry. I am doing this from my phone which isn't very efficient. 3) if you can't bring yourself to go to the G.P. Right away then print out and send a copy of your account here and let your mum go with you for back-up as soon as you are able. 4) let your mum know she may need to help you push for an assessment asap. 3 months is unsatisfactory and too long to wait! 5) if you or your mum believe you are not being helped enough then my advice is not to go through the formal complaints procedure whichmay be set up to actually deter complaint. Instead, write formerley to the Chief Executive of your local nhs mental health trust, and send a copy to your local MP AND the Minister for Health. All these names and addresses will be on the web. 6) hold on tight to the fact that the faster you can be assessed and treated the better the chances of you becoming a lot better, and not suffering a full breakdown. Your mum will need to have a discussion with your school Head as well, as it is important you are not put under stress. When ill, even everyday stress can become too much, so you need to keep away from people and situations that really affect younegatively, such as bullies, show offs, loud types, those using illicit drugs/alcohol. You are delicate at the moment and must treat yourself with the love and care you would give your mum if she were ill. Read about the causes of hallucinogenic illnesses such as bi polar and schizophrenia, and you will realize hallucinations can be stopped with easily prescribed medicines. Mostly, know this; you are not 'mad', and certainly not bad. You didn't deserve to be ill. You can become quite well enough to have a good life, but don't delay in seeking an assessment as not treated mental illness can become so awful it may destroy any chance of a good future. Never ever allow anyone make you feel ashamed. As many as 1 in 4 suffer mental ill health at some time, and that's just the official figure. Many more aren't known about and in reality the true figure is probably 1 in 3 at least. That's a quarter to a third of the population. Therefore you and anyone else reading this should be certain you
sacul (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Get a sleep study and psych exam before assuming it's a ghost. The latter is dangerous, IMO

Good luck 😉
AngelaT (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Sweetheart, please believe me, your experiences are classic hallucinations which can be visual, auditory, tactile and/or smell and even taste. Your mum is probably as I once was, simply not aware of the symptoms of illness and putting it down to teenage angst. Also she as well as yourself may be too afraid to face the idea it is an illness as it is easier to put it down to something external such as a haunting. One of my sons is now very ill but would not have been if 1) I had had the courage to admit it to myself sooner 2) when I did admit it to myself, the useless and negligent Sussex Partnership NHS Trust hadn't been extremely negiigent. The consequences of their extreme neglect of my son resulted in a highly critical (of them) Inquiry they were made to publish. I was on the national media a number of times. From experience, I know you will need the help, understanding and support of your mum and asmuch family as possible. Had my dear son received the medication he needed (Clomzapine NOT the cheaper Olanziprine Sussex insisted on prescribing to 'save' cost), he would never have completely broken down. The best advice I can give is; 1) show your mum the account you te written on here, together with my comment. 2) print out your story and both your mum and self take it to your G.P. And ask for a referral for an assessment by a FORENSIC psychiatrist. 3) s
AngelaT (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-09)
Sweetheart, please believe me, your experiences are classic hallucinations which can be visual, auditory, tactile and/or smell and even taste. Your mum is probably as I once was, simply not aware of the symptoms of illness and putting it down to teenage angst. Also she as well as yourself may be too afraid to face the idea it is an illness as it is easier to put it down to something external such as a haunting. One of my sons is now very ill but would not have been if 1) I had had the courage to admit it to myself sooner 2) when I did admit it to myself, the useless and negligent Sussex Partnership NHS Trust hadn't been extremely negiigent. The consequences of their extreme neglect of my son resulted in a highly critical (of them) Inquiry they were made to publish. I was on the national media a number of times. From experience, I know you will need the help, understanding and support of your mum and asmuch family as possible. Had my dear son received the medication he needed (Clomzapine NOT the cheaper Olanziprine Sussex insisted on prescribing to 'save' cost), he would never have completely broken down. The best advice I can give is; 1) show your mum the account you te written on here, together with my comment. 2) print out your story and both your mum and self take it to your G.P. And ask for a referral for an assessment by a FORENSIC psychiatrist. 3) s
ghstwrld (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
I've been a carer for people with mental health issues in the past and some of these symptoms do sound like some sort of mental health problem. Have you tried seeing a doctor?
I'm not in any shape or form trying to dismiss what's happening to you but there could always be a reasonable explanation for it. Whatever the problem, I hope it works out for you.
Callme15 (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
I told some ghost experience to my mom, but she didn't believe me. Convince her and say "mom, I'm telling the truth and please help me before it's too late" go and see the doctor. Maybe that can help you. Also, remember to pray at night to at least keep these things away from you. I hope God will like your way and bless you at your every move.
Lynne ❤
Callme15
MissSkeptical (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-07)
I really think you should see a doctor, this almost seems to be a mental health problem instead of a haunting by the way it stops and starts. But you really should see a doctor before you get too ill, and tell them EXACTLY what has been happening, even if it does sound stupid! I hope this all goes away from you 😊
chaywood4 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-21)
Hi Creepygirl 13, your story is very interesting to me! From a mental health background i'm really curious... Are you still hearing these voices? Do they become worse when you're stressed? Are you from the UK by the way?xx
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Good, I hope everything gets better for you.

Charlotte:) :)
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Nothing much, I still feel like something watching me, things move, my dream catcher still swings when I try to sleep and I hear bangs and foot steps but the voices have died down a little.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Thank you and congratulations on your neck getting better. Has anything happened since this story?
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Yeah probably, but my doesn't normally get up in the night and I'm first up, but It could of been my cat. I think you're cool too c: and my necks good now thanks 😆
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
CreepyGirl13, Your mum might of left the room during the night and left the door open. I mean things like this do happen. BTW I like you you are cool. Hope your neck gets better!

😁

Charlotte:)
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
There has been a little activity like bangs and knocks but nothing major, altough my dream catcherhas been swaying then stopping and the swaying again... And I've noitices my mums bedroom door is open in the morning after we closed it that evening (I'm sleeping with my mum at moment, and her bedroom used be my orginal when we first movedin). I'm just worried that this thing could harm my sister and mum, could this happen? 😕
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
Thank you Samtille, this has really open my eye' to praying ^u^ thanks for all the help! 😆
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hi Creepy, you have some good advise here from other members. I would like to point out with no offense to others that you don't have to believe in god to pray, as long as you believe in a higher power and that you acknowledge good and bad, you can pray to that higher power. I'm not religious but I pray most nights but I pray to the angels even though I know they serve god, I feel comfortable doing this. Anyone can pray and ask for positive, good, constructive help as long as you believe in something good, (I have said this from having a discussion with Rook about religion, as I was confused about prayer, even at my age of 37, meaning would I still be heard if I'm not religious and don't belong to any domination). You could go to a spiritualist church for help, many different people visit such places that I'm sure you would find the help you need. Also take a visit to your doctors just for your health, I know you said you feeling better etc but they might be able to help you. Keep in touch, all the best x
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Hey thanks for your comments, I'm okay now Charlotte but my neck is still stiff ^_^, I know exactly how you feel but it may help if you mention something to your parent (s). BadJuuJuu thank you also for your help, but these dreams have been no where near my cycles. I will take what you said into account. Thank you all 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Mmkay, you're having these dreams every month around the same time? I hate to ask a personal question, but where in your cycle are these dreams occurring? You don't have to answer, just consider it. As a teen, I had really awful nightmares at the same point of my cycle each month. Hormones, my dear, suck. It might not be a bad idea to keep track of when these nightmares happen in regards to your schedule. I ended up on birth control at an absurdly young age, because my hormones were all out of whack. The nightmares eased up after that, so I'm pretty sure the nightmares were caused by hormones.
As babygoatpuller has mentioned, you are at the right age for poltergeist activity, and some of your experiences could be the result of that. Poltergeist activity is most common among teenagers, and one theory of why that is- you guessed it- hormones. Being a teenager ain't no picnic. Poltergeist activity usually goes away on its own in time.
If performing a home cleansing seems like a good idea, do it. It never hurts. 😊 But religion doesn't have to be a part of it if you don't want it to be. In my opinion, personal strength and confidence is more important in dealing with the paranormal than allegiance to a deity or belief system. Don't think you need to convert to anything because you're going through a tough time, you'll get through this. Just be strong.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Hiya Creepygirl13 I love this story, do you still hurt? If so some antibiotics will help. I can't tell my mum what's going on either because I feel like I am going insane. BTW your not going insane.

Charlotte:)
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
The activity seems to have stop, but I have no doubt it will all start up again really soon, but thanks to all your help and support I know I can get through it. You are all wonderful people 😆 ❤
CreepyGirl13 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Thank you everyone for the comments they are all very helpful. As far as religion, when I was little I was a really good Christian and went to church every Sunday with my grandparent but stopped when I was six as I stopped believing. Then I got into Buddhism when I was 8 but soon gave up and a few months ago I got into LaVeyan Satanism but decided it wasn't for me, as I realized I actually don't believe in God, but I might go and visit my local church.

It's not that I can't open up to my mum, I love her so much and she is always there for me, I just don't want to scare her or stress her out.

At the moment everything is getting better, I've opened up to my mum a bit more and is sleeping with her for a while. I got a dream catcher and it seems to be helping a lot. I will try the home shielding/cleansing as it seems a good idea
Thank you all so much for your help, it means so much. I will keep you all up dated. Xxx
😆 ❤ 😳
Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
CreepyGirl13, I am a mother of two children, one is 13 and a half and the other one is 12 years old. My children are my whole life. Why don't you feel the need to really talk to your mother about this? I want my children to be happy. I wouldn't like for them to have something that bothers them or make them unhappy.

I am so glad for you that there is such nice, experienced people on this site that can help you. I hope you take their advice. Just watch out for some and too many horror movies and stories. And pray,pray,pray and believe in God's love and goodness, all the time. You must please let us know what happens.

I really do wish you a happy future. Everyone deserves to be happy ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
newhunter: I hope you don't mind me sharing Rook's cleansing method before you 😐

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Good luck and keep us posted!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: