You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Scared The Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

I Scared The Ghost

 

This event happened 4 years ago and I can't seem to understand what or why. My husband and I bought a house in Cottonwood Heights area of Salt Lake City. We pretty much remodeled the entire house. It was July, so nights were very warm. We hadn't installed the central air system yet, so I would sometimes sleep in the back room where I could get the breeze from the south window. The master bedroom was right next to this smaller bedroom. Well, I was sleeping well one night and all the sudden I was so cold decided to get up and go sleep in the bedroom with my husband.

I got up and noticed a man walking towards the master bedroom, so I reached out and said, "What're you doing?" thinking it was my husband walking back to bed from the bathroom. Right then, I knew it wasn't Mark (my husband). The man was wearing what looked like long shorts and no shirt that I could see. Well, when I reached out and started talking, the man turned and leaned up against the hallway closet with his mouth opened as if I scared him. He was definitely not expecting me. The man was bald, older, and you could tell he wasn't human, had sort of a translucent body or something that was not of this world.

I jumped in bed with Mark and told him there was a ghost in the hall. I was scared, but not scared of this ghost. I don't understand what he was doing there. It was obvious he was with me in the back bedroom before I got up, because of how cold the room turned.

This bothered me so much that we moved back to our small little house in Sugarhouse. We now rent this very nice home in Cottonwood Heights. The home has all new kitchen, floors and just beautiful. My whole 401k went into this house and we aren't even there to enjoy it.

There were a few other times in that house where I saw him. Such as, one night I was watching TV in bed, and my husband was down on the main floor watering the lawn out front so he would go back and forth from front yard to family room. Well, he walked out because I could hear the door open and close, and then I saw a man walk by the front room coming in, and right after that, mark opened the front door to come in.

I hope to learn from this experience, and someday overcome it. I don't want to live in fear that if we move back, the man will still be wondering around.

I think the most intriguing thing about this event was the scared facial expression on this man's face when he saw me!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Slreed2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LauraCatherine (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
He was probably shocked that you could actually see him. Or maybe realized he was dead. Or maybe didn't realize he was dead and had his own little world created and thought you were a ghost
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Remodeling is a classic reason for them showing their displeasure. I wouldn't worry to much about it, unless he starts to harm you or threaten your well being. I get that you're scared, but there doesn't really seem any reason to be.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Yeah, I agree! Go with instinct! If you didn't feel threatened in anyway, then it should be okay. No reason to lose the house, and money you put into it. I didn't/won't let the ghosts here drive me from my home. Of course, I plead with them from time to time to do the dishes! But that doesn't happen. Heck if anyone here living or ghosts did the dishes, besides me, I'd die of shock and be a ghost myself! LOL! 😁
Apfelkorn (guest)
-2
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Remodelling is 'waking up' the spirits?
I rather think they:
Or just get pissed. What would you be if 'someone' just decided to mess with your home...
Or they get curious and want to check out the changes themselves...
Or they don't understand what is happening and get into panick mode...
Who knows?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Hello Slreed2013, welcome to YGS. Like lady-glow said, which RedWolf concurred with, when you re-model, there is always a chance of stirring up some paranormal activity. I also feel that this is harmless. Further, you also said that you were not scared of this particular ghost. I think that was your gut feeling initially and generally, our initial gut feeling about any spirit or entity would be correct. So, I feel that your 401k should not go waste, I mean, you purchasing a house and someone else living in it. So, please try to speak to the ghost of the person. You may do so, whenever you see him, by initiating the conversation in a respectful manner and after a few times of conversation spread over a period of some days, you can inform that he has passed on and that you can also suggest that he should direct himself to light. This will definitely work, if the spirit is not negative or evil and I don't think it is harmful.

Kindly keep us informed of developments and if any further suggestion is required, please do ask.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
I agree with lady-glow she is spot on about spirits ''waking up'' when you remodel. It happened to a friend of mine, I will write a story about it soon.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
It is known that remodeling work can 'wake up' spirits and probably that's what happened on your house.
I agree with xiao88, the ghost seemed to be surprised by your presence in 'his' house; perhaps you should talk to him and try sending him to the light. It is frightening to see a ghost, but this particular one seems to be harmless.

Nice story, thanks for sharing it with us.
xiao88 (9 stories) (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Perhaps the ghost hasn't realized he has died and still thought that house was his house, and when he saw you he thought YOU were the ghost...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: