You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Felt A Hand Yanking My Hair

Real Ghost Stories

I Felt A Hand Yanking My Hair

 

I was lying down in bed wide awake. I could not sleep at all because I was depressed. I have always had long, thick hair, and I was lying on my left side with my hair flowing down my back behind me. At that particular time I was sleeping in my dad's bed and he slept downstairs because my bed was broken.

As I lay there, some moments crying about school, and some moments just calmly staring at the wall, I suddenly felt a hand yanking the hair in the middle top area of my hair. It did not feel like a friendly yank. It was so frightening of a feeling that my eyes immediately widened and I laid there still and frozen for the rest of the night without moving. I never looked to see what it was because I was so scared.

My dad and my brother have never reported any strange experiences in the house and I never had any strange experience before or after this particular night.

Whenever I relive what that moment in time was like, tears come to my eyes. It was my one and only unexplained experience and I interpreted it to be a negative touch.

I did have a dream a few years later where the dream explained to me that I had been randomly picked on by a deceased teenage boy, but since that was a dream I take it with a grain of salt as many of my dreams have been untrue.

My father was never clear with me on whether he believed me. For quite some time after that experience I, being fifteen at the time, refused to sleep alone. I almost wonder if this ghost saw my reaction of fear and realized he should leave me alone because I was not the type of person who could handle an experience like this.

Halloween just passed recently, and on the news reporters spoke of haunted places. That is when I felt comfortable sharing my experience with my husband. Being that he trusts my word he did believe me, but he wanted to know why I would not turn and look to see who was pulling my hair. I cannot express enough the fear that I experienced and that I do not regret remaining still. If it happened again I may still decide not to look.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cmarie31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Once, while resting, half-asleep on my couch, I thought I felt fingers running, creep-mouselike over the top of my head, through my hair. Startled and woke me up, not sure if I imagined it, dreamed it or really felt it!
josephgogi (2 stories) (34 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
I was never a believer in ghost until one grabbed my calf twice one night. I felt both the fingers and palm. I wrote about it under the story titled "Lillie".
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
Supernatural are not natural so its better to leave certain things unveiled. Rest you seem courageous. God bless you. 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
The impression I got reading this wasn't one of a negative entity. It seems more like someone trying to get through to you, shake you out of the sadness. Personally, I think sometimes ghosts try too hard, and end up scaring the bejeezus out of us instead of being kind. Can't be easy to manipulate physical objects (like hair) without a physical body. Sometimes they just put too much effort into it in an attempt to compensate for the lack of a body, and get it all wrong. Ever tried to pick up something you thought was heavy, and it wasn't? Same situation, really. That's just my two cents.
shhh_im_sleeping (14 stories) (62 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
I believe your story. I have been touched many times by spirits. I wouldn't assume that the pulling of your hair was a malicious act. I would think that your sadness prompted a deceased loved one or friend to reach out to you (pulling your hair for attention) to let you know that you're not alone. I have encountered many spirits and not one of them have been harmful (I believe my strong faith in God keeps the evil spirits away). I could be wrong but it's always best to think positive. Good luck in the future. 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
Hello cmarie31, I also would not have had the courage to turn, even though I am a male. Still after the night was over and in the morning, did you actually see what was on the other side. I am not doubting your experience or saying that it is not paranormal but did you try to reason out rationally that something might have caused the yank of your hair, some rational experience. Because you only had this experience only once and I don't think that whatever you said that the spirit must have seen your fear and gone away. I don't think it happens that way. If you fear, then generally they don't leave, especially if they are evil or negative. That is why I asked if you could think of any rational explanation as you had only one yanking experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
Heck, I'm probably old enough to be your mom, and I'm not too sure I would have looked either. To have your hair pulled when you KNOW you're alone is scary. Period. And when you get that 'uh-oh' feeling too? I think I may have well bolted from the bed!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
cmarie31 - I have to admit, even though I'm older than you and there is semi-regular activity😉 in my home, I cannot sit here and say I'd turn around and look to see who pulled my hair. I honestly don't know what I would do under those circumstances. I'd like to say that I know for certain that I would turn over and look, but I'd be lying to you. Sometimes there are things that are better left unknown and I might not want to know that either.

I do know that no matter how brave a person is, and I'm pretty brave (now 😆) when it comes to this life, there are still moments when you hold your breath and pray to whomever you might believe in, even it's just yourself. But to have been a teen and have that happen, I would have been terrified.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: