You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Could Hear Us The Whole Time

Real Ghost Stories

She Could Hear Us The Whole Time

 

I joined this site because I wanted to submit my story about what happened this past summer, on my trip to Florida. I have had numerous encounters with the paranormal, so it's not new to me. It is, however, new to my husband. I hope you enjoy my account of what we saw.

My family and I were staying at this beautiful hotel in Key West, just off the beach and my husband and I decided to watch the sunset while the girls hung out in the room. We were talking about the day's events, what we had planned for the next day, and how we thought everything was going so far. It was still light outside, but was getting a bit breezy so I decided I would run up to the room and get a sweatshirt. I told my husband I would be right back. Our room was close by and it took me maybe 3 minutes to grab the sweatshirt and head back.

When I got back I was telling him that the girls were watching TV, and I told them we would be back up shortly. When he didn't answer, I looked at him and noticed he was staring down by the water, not paying a bit of attention to me. I asked him if everything was alright, and he asked me if I saw the lady down by the water. I looked that direction and told him yes, she was about 50 feet from us with her feet in the water. From where I sat, I could see her feet in the water, nothing above the ankles, then from about elbows up. He told me to keep an eye on her and watch what she does.

I was feeling kind of creeped out, because normally he is very level headed, and he was acting a bit weird. As I watched her, she walked into the water about knee deep, turned around to look at the shore and then continued into the water until she disappeared. He asked me if I saw what had just happened, and I confirmed that I had. He then says, "Keep watching it gets better."

About 30 seconds later I see her reappear looking as dry as a bone, standing in the same spot as before. He looked at me wide eyed and said, "What the f*#@ is that?"

Let me explain his reaction. While he is quite comfortable with what I and others can see, he is not AT ALL comfortable with seeing it himself. I try hard to not let him know until AFTER, when I have seen something. In addition, this is the first time he has actually witnessed what I believe was a residual and he wasn't sure what was happening. I explained to him that some events replay like a movie, you rewind it and it plays again, you rewind it and it plays again. They don't know you're watching, and will never interact with you, they will simply keep playing their role in the event over and over.

I wanted to take a walk on the beach a little ways, and I noticed that after 3-4 minutes, she didn't reappear. He and I got up and walked to the spot she had been standing, but the only thing we encountered was a charge in the air that was unexplainable. He asked me if I had ever felt this feeling before, and when I said yes he then asked I deal with it, knowing that I often can't help the person I see. I explained that after awhile, you just learn to recognize what's what. Not everyone can be helped, not everyone needs help, and that the residuals don't even know you're watching them. They aren't hurting, and there is no way to help them cross over.

At that moment I froze when I heard him say exactly this, "But baby, she was hurting. He left her here and never came back for her, she couldn't take the pain anymore." My mouth hung open like you wouldn't believe, and for the first time in a long time, I was speechless. I asked him how he knew that, and he said he could feel it. He could feel that she had been heartbroken and in such a state of despair that she took her own life. At this point I knew something had changed with him, and we talked a bit about how the feelings came across. Did he hear it in his head, did he just know and wasn't sure how he knew etc. He turned around to look back down the beach and said, "She's back, we have to help her."

He has always been one of those people that will help someone, no matter the cost. As we made our way down the beach to where she was, I again tried to explain to him that she probably didn't even know we were there, and there was no way to help her. We got within 15-20 feet of her and he began trying to speak to her. There were other people on the beach and it was obvious that none of them saw what has transpired either time she appeared.

He asked her if she needed help crossing over, asked her if we could help her, tried to get her to show any sign of being able to hear us, but to no avail. He then began to explain to her that she should look for the light, try to see if she can see anyone she knows, look for the man she had been waiting for etc. It was very sad to see him trying to help this girl that couldn't even communicate in any way. He eventually gave up and we sat in the sand watching her for a bit. As we watched her, we noticed something was different. She was looking towards the shore, straight at us. I kept waiting for her to turn around and make her way into the water like she had done every time before, but she didn't this time. As we looked closer we noticed that she appeared to be holding someone's hand, you could see a shoulder and all of the arm down to the hand she clasped in hers. She then smiled at us faintly, and made her way into the water.

We sat in silence for a minute or so, and I was to stunned to really say anything. My husband looked at me, smiled and said, "I knew she could hear us, she just needed to know what to do." We sat there for another 20-30 minutes, but she never reappeared. He said he had never felt like that before, and had no idea why he felt compelled to help her.

Maybe he and I have more in common than I originally thought, maybe I make it to complicated for them sometimes, or maybe, just maybe she was drawn to him because he reminded her of the man she once lost. I just hope she made it to the other side, and has made peace with herself.

I am investigating this incident, and currently trying to find out more about any drowning that happened at this hotel, or before the hotel was built. I will update this if I find any info.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AudreyJay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Wow! Very well told and so great of your husband to give her the "help" she needed. My husband is the same way. He believes me when I or others tell him something happened but wants NO interaction himself. NONE-NADDA-ZIP!
Sounds like you have some more interesting things to tell AudreyJay. Keep us updated and would love to hear more from you. 😊
GOODE212 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Wow, I hope you are able to find something out. Great story! I hope one day my wife and I can share a similar experience.
AudreyJay (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
That you for the comments. I have been unable to find anything regarding a drowning just yet. I can't place a specific era, as we weren't able to see anything that would tip us off as to what place in time she came from. I will update this when I find anything.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
AudreyJay
It's possible he was able to help her because his mind is finally open to the spiritual world. He may be an empath but suppressed it because he didn't want to or was taught not to believe. Some people come into their gifts later in life because they have someone in their life that believes and helps them to believe.
RedWolf
STARRCHiCC14 (31 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Wow! Thumbs up to the both of you for helping that ghost woman to go to the light. Job well done! Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. God bless! (:
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
AudreyJay: what an interesting and well written story! It is great that your husband didn't give up on the woman and helped her to join her loved one and go to the light.

I'm looking forwards for an update to your story.
Thanks.
MissEE (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
AudreyJay, your story is extremely compelling! How awesome that you and your husband were able to help this woman. PLEASE keep us updated on what you find out about any suicides/drownings at that location. Thank you for sharing your story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: