You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Can Feel It

Real Ghost Stories

I Can Feel It

 

For a while now I have been able to sense a presence of some sort, I don't know if I am imagining it or if it may be true. I can just be simply walking up the stairs and I feel unwelcome and an awkward atmosphere I would run into my bedroom and I would feel like something is staring at me.

A couple of years ago, my sister used to ask me if I could sense or see ghosts, at the time I didn't. But now yes.

A couple of days ago I was in the bathroom cleaning my brace and I felt something and it really scared me. In my bathroom we have a rope switch coming from the ceiling and it was swaying (there was no breeze and nobody had touched it).

As I am writing my story now I can hear shuffling and I feel something but I always try to ignore it. For my sisters 16th birthday, we had our neighbors round and my dad said something that scared me, then did my mam. After my dad's granddad (my great granddad) died, he was watching TV and his granddad appeared in front of him and told him he loved him. The same happened to my mam but it was with my nana.

I have always had an interest in the paranormal and I like to link my experience with others.

I told my friends at cadets what is happening and they don't believe me, nobody ever believes my stories, not even my very close friends believe me. One of my friends said to me that the nut house bus will be coming for you soon.

I can sense when something good and or bad is going to happen but I don't know when or what it is. And a couple of times I hear bangs after I feel uneasy and doors slam shut.

I would just like to know if what I am sensing is true or am I losing my mind?

Other hauntings by AARisTHEbest

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AARisTHEbest, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
Ok, you may believe that I am a recycled member, but I know I'm not. You can believe what you want I don't care anymore
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
lady-glow - nope, you're not being paranoid at all 😉. I do believe this is a recycled member LOL
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
Am I been paranoiac or does this look similar, like in said by the same person?
"I am making coments that say this is what I think but I am not sure and then I get dislikes. I ask why and not only do I get More dislikes but I also get a comment saying that I make snarky comments and that I'm a snotty teen with no experience. I'm a little distressed about this because it is cyber bullying and it is done mosly by mods or wannabe mods. I just hate it and I want it to stop. This whole thing is all because of those little arrows that I hate so much". 🤔 (CharyWithThePoltergeits on Ghostly Camping Cleaners and Attic Nightmares 2013-07-02)
PoliexterLy (2 stories) (92 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
I feel like I have to say something here. AARisTHEbest, if you don't want people to be rude to you or anything like that, then don't be rude to them. You get treated the way you treat people after all.
Another thing is, is that nobody is really being rude to you HERE in the first place sooo... 🤔
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
AARisTHEbest - I'm still trying to figure out what point you are trying to make 😕
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
Ok, what ever. I just like to get my point across to people since its never really heard anyway.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-07)
AARisTHEbest: Let it go, okay? An explanation was e-mailed to you. Accept it and move on. That would be the "mature" thing to do.

This comment from AARisTHEbest is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
AARisTHEbest - for the record, I'm not the one who gave you the negative point for your comments to me. Just wanted to stop that accusation before you made it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
AARisTHEbest - okay, I'll address these in the order you have listed them.

A. I don't know you, and you've done nothing to make me dislike you.
B. I don't understand what you are saying here, which is very similar to your stories. If I don't understand your stories, I don't publish them.
C. You are taking things way too personally, which shows your immaturity. As I said, I do not dislike you. Maybe you should find another site to submit your stories to, one that you don't have to deal with moderators.
D. I assume your story made sense to you; however, I'm not arguing with you about it. That one or any other I may have sent back. If you have a problem with it, contact the administrator of the site. And where, exactly, have I hassled you or told you off? This isn't middle school or high school. If you can't handle these situations, you need to find a site that fits you better, because I don't think this one is it. I've stated many times that everyone is entitled to their opinion. What on earth makes you think I wouldn't count you in that group?

And this one is from me.
E. Sounds like you are the one with the problem. Not me.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2013-12-06)
Miricles-
A- I know you don't like me.
B- I'm not saying that that's not the reason I wanted it published
C- I think anyone would be angry if 2 of their stories got denied because the person judging you do'sent like you.
D- finally I care so please stop bothering me, you got your point across. By the way the second one I submitted with the one that ADAYTOPEIRCETHEHORIOZON was talking about did make sense. Other people need a telling of and not me. I have better things to do that sit on here where people like you constantly hassle me for the slightest little thing. Its not my fault that you have a problem with me for one incorrect comment for trying to stick up for someone. If you have a problem with my attitude and my perspective on things you seriously need to lay off because I have had enough of all the constant hassle I get for my opinion on things.

Rant Over,

Charlotte
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+4
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
Is CharyWithThePoltergaist/Imabooknerd back? -Please, somebody tell me it's not true! 😭
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
AARisTHEbest - your story was denied for the reason explained. We cannot publish stories, like the one you submitted, just because you need advice.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-3
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
I mean like yeah and like seriously I did right then it got denied so dfsdfvervhefvh. Love you xxxxxxxxxxx I know I'm looking at you right now
adaytopiercethehorizon (1 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
So, charlotte you mean to tell me you haven't wrote any stroys about your best buddy? My feelings are hurt but nah man. Like seriously i'm fudging sitting next to you pahahaha remeber that text?1
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2013-12-05)
Hi guys, I haven't had any comments in ages.

Love,
Charlotte xx
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
Can I please just state that I had never met my Nana but I don't remember meeting my Great Granddad but I have been told that I have met him, I always remember going to his grave when I was little crying and putting flowers down for it. (He fought in WW2) I guess its just a thing that I'm interested in all the things he was. (weird. I get told a lot about him and he sounds quite a bit like me.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Yes she is so quite a few people have died in my house and that's what scares me
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Mary Ann Cotton? Isn't she that crazy woman that poisoned like 20 people using Arsenic?
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
Ishandu, thank you for the advise but we have the room changed around a lot because there are 3 of us in my room and there's not much we can change because its quite a small room so we change it back and forth. But the reason I feel uncomfortable if because I live in Mary Ann Cottons old house before he moved up Murton, but I forgot to say this in my story.

Valkyrie, It does sound a bit silly but it made me laugh, I will try that.

Thank you for all your wonderful comments,
Charlotte:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Charlotte,
Sometimes what people fear or don't understand they make fun of. This could be true of your friends. They don't/haven't experienced it, so therefore you must be having one over on them or are daft. Trust me, I would be willing to bet most of us here have been there. Some of us were even doubted by our own families, so you can count yourself lucky that BOTH your parents are believers and are much more apt to support you, at least not write you off as a total whack job, if you should broach the subject with them.
When you start feeling uncomfortable (like on the stairs) try singing some happy little song. I know it sounds crazy, but it works for me. Whether music has charms to soothe spirits or if my singing is so bad it scares them - I don't know 😆. You could also sprinkle a little salt about.
Keep us posted.
Orpeus (2 stories) (12 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
you are in a very similar situation too my self. Read my own story for details... But what I can tell you, is that you can blot out its ability to interact with you. Focus on life and all things living. Suppress all and any sense of fear, I mean completely quash it. As they say, a fire can not live without air... Your fear is their air
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
People who don't support you and who ridicule your experiences are not your friends. A true friend would listen to what you have to say and respect your feelings even if they do not believe the cause is paranormal. I have experienced similar feelings to what you describe. It's hard to put into words, but I get feelings about things that are going to happen and have had prophetic dreams and visions. Nothing super dramatic, but definitely meaningful and specific to me. I can't explain it. It may be paranormal or perhaps just a function of natural processes we don't fully understand. For example, so much is filtered from our conscious notice but may easily be perceived on a subconscious level. The other experiences you mention don't sound particularly threatening to me. Your grandparents sticking around to say goodbye is kind of nice and the shuffling and presence could just be residual. I don't know exactly where you live, but pretty much everywhere in the UK has seen a LOT of history and that is going to leave an impression. I wouldn't be afraid. Just try to pay attention to your instincts and use your common sense. If you do sense a presence and feel threatened, you can calmly and firmly tell it to leave you alone. I think energy is drawn to stairs because they are liminal spaces (places of transition), so I'm not surprised you feel energy there. As for your bedroom, perhaps hanging a crystal near your door or rearranging the furniture to slow the energy down will help you feel safer there. You'd be surprised what repositioning the bed can do to improve the feeling in a room. Don't have your feet pointing towards a door or a window behind you head. If you can't avoid these positions, place something protective between you and the door of window. And try to clear up any clutter. That should help calm things down.
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Thank you for your advise and all your helpful comments... You have been so helpful to me.
Vonboeckmann (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Hi
You have an intuition, sensitivity you are certainly not a candidate to be sectioned into the lunatic asylum. Feeling the presence of loved ones is a comfort. It is not evil or demonic. You know with in yourself the feeling of darkness. Just keep a private diary notation of the events and how you are feeling at the time. This will give you a clearer picture. Be open minded but at the same time commonsense must prevail. Be self protective This *sensitivity is a gift. Let it grow naturally. Only share with trusted friends.& don't take to heart destructive immature comments. Share with kin alike. There are "wise souls"on this site with good advice. Keep reading as I do and you may find the answers.
Thanks for sharing. Take care J ❤
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Thank you guys for all your helpful comments. I don't want to cleanse my house at the minute because nothing has been happening much since I wrote the story. Only a bit of shuffling and bangs but nothing much.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
Dear AARisTHEbest, you are not crazy and not losing your mind at all. You are just sensitive. That is all. As far as your dad and mom seeing your great granddad and nana, I feel there is nothing to be scared of. They made their presence known because they loved your dad and mom. That is all. There is no need for fear from what your dad and mom told you.

But as far as the presence of someone in your room and your feeling of being unwelcome is concerned, how do you feel. I mean, what was your gut feeling when you first realised it and what is your gut feeling now. If it is negative, then the Rook's method of cleansing pasted by newhunter would definitely help and would ward off negative or evil entities.

Newhunter, Rook's method would definitely help drive away negative or evil entities but with some positive energies, I don't think it helps.

AARisTHEbest, I would like to wait for your reply before suggesting you some methods. If you feel that it was your granddad or nana making their presence known to you, it is different. If not and if you feel that it is some negative energy or evil spirit, then use Rook's method of cleansing and try to continuously do it for a few days and it would help.

Please do respond and thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards and respects to you and newhunter.

SDS
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
I don't think you crazy either and I would gander most on here wouldnt. I am not sure why you were scared about your parents statements unless its just the fact of ghosts. If you are scared I would recommend using the below cleansing method, it belongs to Rookdygin, many people have had success with it.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
I don't think you are crazy just sensitive As long as you don't feel as if you are in danger I would just wait and see. As far as if you are feeling something of course you are well all have an inner part of that can just feel when something is going on. These feelings are just more advanced in some of us
AARisTHEbest (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
Please can you guys comment after reading my story because I need some advise.

Thank you,
Charlotte

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: