You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mad Man

Real Ghost Stories

Mad Man

 

Because I was so young, I don't really remember the start of something haunting me. All I have from my early childhood is the stories my mother and grandmother have told me. My grandmother never believed in anything paranormal because she thought that there always had to be a logical explanation for so called "hauntings". She kept to that belief until my mother and I moved in with her. We moved in with her when I was about 4 years old.

In the words of my grandmother, I had a very productive imagination. I had, what they thought, was just an imaginary friend like any other kid. (Keep in mind I'm retelling this story from my grandma's point of view.) There was one summer day that slightly changed my grandma's skepticism. I was outside playing on the swing and talking to my imaginary friend, which seemed normal until my grandma noticed that the swing beside me was slowly rocking with me.

It was a hot summer day and there was absolutely no wind, so she came outside to see what was going on. As she approached, the swing stopped and she got a sudden rush of cold. She brushed off that feeling and brought me inside. I apparently told her that she upset my friend.

A day after this occurred, something a little more drastic happened. I was playing in my room, and my mom and grandma were sitting the living room watching TV. All of a sudden I came out of my room, screaming "Mad Man! Mad Man!". I ran passed the living room, and straight into the kitchen. Alarmed, my mom and grandma followed behind me, but before they got a chance to ask what was going on, the couch flew forward like someone pushed it out of anger.

At the time, we had a dog named Buckey, and when this happened he started to bark in the direction of the couch but quickly stopped and began to cower backwards with his tail between his legs and a slight whimper. I never talked to my imaginary friend after that day.

Nothing happened after that until I was 13. My mom and I moved in with my dad by then. I woke up one night to get a drink of water, and as I stood there I felt a something brush up against my shoulder. I turned my head in that direction, and as soon as I did that something that sounded like an older man, screamed my name right beside me. I dropped my glass and ran to my parents' room. My dad didn't believe me but he let me stay in their room for the night. I stayed awake for awhile trying to understand what had just happened, but eventually I decided that it was just my imagination.

I'm 16 now and the only things I experience frequently are whispers and the feeling that someone is watching me. I'm pretty sure it's just my over-active imagination that's been screwing with me though. Or I'm crazy. I just thought I would share my story because I'm hoping that other people have experienced that same things.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JordynLyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Dear Jordylyn, To me it sounds like it was an older spirit portraying itself as a child to you, to gain some sort of comfort in you. Then you came out screaming, and the couch moved! Yeah it definitely sounds like a mean spirited spirit. Have you asked your grandmother, if you ever described what this "imaginary" friend looked like? I've heard of these sorts of things, and in one of my stories about my son, it what his imaginary friend of sorts, and it turned out to be horribly awful. Have you had any experience. After growing up? This story gave me the chills!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-24)
JordynLyn
If you get the feeling something is watching you and it makes you uncomfortable because you aren't sure if it is there to hurt or protect you, you can either say unless you are here to help/ protect me I demand you leave my presence, or demand outright that it leave your presence and never come back. Be forceful and if you demand it leave also demand it not come back. If another comes and you are comfortable with it do nothing as it may be your guardian angel or a deceased relative that you are fond of.

If you would like you can read my first story, it tells of other instances that spirits have saved my life.

Regards
RedWolf
JordynLyn (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
zzsgranny: My mom believes in ghosts because she's had a few experiences herself. As for my dad, he isn't such a believer because he also feels that if he can't see something or it can't be explained, it isn't real.

RedWolf: The feeling I get when something is watching me usually makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm not really sure wether it wants to hurt me or protect me. I really do hope it is someone watching over me and protecting me. As for your story, that's amazing that something/someone saved your life.
mellomel21 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-20)
this story actually relates to one of my experiences... I have always lived in the same house since I was born, and when I was about 6 or 7, I suspected a "Mad Man" living in our basement. I hadnt ever seen the man or became friends with him as you did, but I was completely paranoid for the whole year thinking he was going to hurt my family. My parents just played along thinking he was just my imagination until one day I randomly told my parents that he had left.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
Dear JordynLyn, thanks for sharing your experience from the point of view of your grandmother. Still I go with RedWolf on this matter. You do have abilities and sensitiveness to sense and hear paranormal.

Would like to hear more from you.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-19)
JordynLyn
You may have some abilities but suppressed them because of your last two experiences. The whispers and feeling like you are being watched may be awakening your abilities. Ignore the whispers unless they are warning you about something. As for feeling like you are being watched I would like to think someone is watching over you but I can't say that with confidence. I used to get those feelings when I was younger and as I wrote in my first story one day I was going to run across a road because I didn't see any cars but I felt someone grab me to stop me and when I turned around nobody was there. But as I turned around to cross the road a car came speeding by, if I had not been stopped I would have been run over.
Regards
RedWolf
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
JordyLyn: I apologize for using your thread to thrash a plagiarist without commenting on your story! 😳 The comment that started it all has been removed so it kind'a looks like a crazy Granny rant LOL! 😆

Anyway...I think you may have some abilities. Sometimes it may seem like your imagination or you're going crazy. Do your parents believe in ghosts/spirits? I'm thinking the answer to that question may be "yes". Have you talked to them about things and if so, what do they say?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-18)
Dear zzsgranny, I got the message loud and clear. I just visited the site and I would also try to notify the Admins and Mods about such plagiarism. I would like to go through their stories and would like to find out if they have taken some of our stories and put it on their site.

Thanks for the information.

Regards and respects to you zzsgranny.

SDS
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
ONE NOTE TO ANYONE WHO HAS A STORY ON OUR SITE. YOUR STORIES ARE COPYRIGHTED TO YOU AND THIS SITE WHEN THEY ARE PUBLISHED. NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO COPY YOUR MATERIAL. IF YOU FIND YOUR MATERIAL HAS BEEN PLAGIARIZED, CONTACT THE OFFENDING SITE'S SERVER OR FILE A COMPLAINT WITH GOOGLE.

Sorry for shouting, but it's important
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-17)
horrorboy: hmm. Interesting that the introduction on that site is exactly like ours, verbatim. You may want to notify the Admins and Mods of the site that we're now aware of their plagiarism. Thank you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: