You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Fan Blinked And Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

The Fan Blinked And Paralysis

 

Before the story let me introduce myself. I am Vicky and from beginning I used to live in urban areas, but as I passed my 10th class my mom and me shifted to my village in Haryana.

In villages the people are usually very sweet, specially relatives. I had a habit of staying out of my home with my cousins and friends late at night. I usually slept at my cousin's home.

One day I said to my mother that I'll sleep at my cousin's house today, but unfortunately she refused and said that it's not nice to sleep at others house at night for so many times. Without listening what she said, I rushed to my cousin's house.

All three of my cousin's went to sleep and I started listening to music with earphones. But about after an hour I suddenly felt some shadow type thing went from the door of the other room to the main door. I seriously got so much terrified that I made my cousin wake up and we both went to the verandah and looked around but there was nothing and when I told him about it, he said that I am crazy and told me that he himself locked the other room and the keys were with him.

Then we went back to the room and I decided to sleep near the room cooler which was kept away from the door. Then I fell asleep and then suddenly I woke up feeling pain in my chest. I checked the clock and it was 12:15 am. I sat for about five minutes and as I laid down I felt my whole body paralyzed and the fan of the cooler automatically started to get slow and fast. I tried to shout but was unable, I even tried to move my body really hard but couldn't even move my fingers. I even was not able to blink my eyes. The fastening and slowing of the cooler fan and my struggle to move remained for about half minute. After that I shouted so loudly that all my cousins and my uncle woke up and they all started asking that what had happened to me and I was so much terrified that I started shivering and not even a word came out of my mouth. They all immediately took me to my house. I was so much afraid that I didn't slept for a second that night.

Till now I haven't understood what actually happened with me that night and after that incident I never slept at my cousin's house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vicky5203, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
Um...

I thought SP involved the chemical produced by our bodies to keep us from 'acting' out our dreams... YES our eyes may be open but our dreams may carry over a bit into the 'waking world'.

There are other factors that must be accounted for before an experience like this can be ruled as something other than SP.

Respectfully,

Rook
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-16)
"The scientists have discovered that we are sometimes attacked by sleep paralyses, in which moving our hand seems to be an herculean task. They also said that it may happen because of the presence of ghost or alien."

That is not entirely true.

Yes, it makes moving very, very hard and causes hallucinations, but the psychology and science behind it does not involve ghosts or aliens. It happens when you become conscious, but your mind is still in a dream state. Basically, your body is awake but your brain decides that it is going to stay in REM. It usually only lasts a few seconds to a minute.

It is speculated only in the paranormal community that what you are seeing during these events are spirits- though the fact that you are still in a dream state makes that debatable.

The chest pain would have been your body jolting to wake itself up- if bodily functions slow down too far while resting, the body will essentially shock itself back. The adrenaline type dump could have caused the feeling of pain in your chest- though I would make sure that your heart and muscles are nice and healthy.
vicky5203 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
Sorry friends but I don't have any heart related diseases. And I don't fear of anything on this planet except the things I see at night.
vicky5203 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-03)
I had that paralysis type thing for the first time in my life. But I saw the shadow about 3 or 4 times with the unusual sound of anklets every time. I asked my uncle but he told nothing. But the thing that surprised me was that it was strictly restricted to go out of the main door after 11 at night even for the elders. I don't know what the thing was but I surely saw the shadow and heard the anklets which both suddenly disappeared.
AmaanHaider3 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Vicky, it was sleep paralyses. The scientists have discovered that we are sometimes attacked by sleep paralyses, in which moving our hand seems to be an herculean task. They also said that it may happen because of the presence of ghost or alien.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Hi vicky5203, welcome to YGS. I feel that you suffered sleep paralysis and that is the reason why you were not able to move, blink and not able to shout. Since it was your first sleep paralysis experience, after it was over, you might have been so scared that you chose to shout. I don't think that it has got anything to do with the paranormal. The fans going fast and slow might be due to electrical problems, especially bouts of high and low voltages.

As far as seeing the moving shadow is concerned, you should ask your cousins if they sighted or experienced or seen such shadows. Without that, with only one experience, it is difficult to comment.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-25)
Vicky5203,It could be, a shadow being taking advantage of your fear. Have you told your parents about the chest pain? That could have been somethimg other than paranormal. You may have been having some sort of heart defect going on? The fan going slow and then speeding up, which sounds to me like the rhythm of a heartbeat, then your body paralyzed. Always check those out first.
Nathaniel (37 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
Lady glow, I was thinking all of the exact same things! Good advise! 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-21)
It seems to me that you experienced sleep paralyses.
As for the fan going fast and slow... The reason could be a faulty electrical wiring, have you ever asked your cousins if they experience this problem frequently?
Perhaps you're feeling bad about disobeying your mother and think this events are a punishment? Do not fret about it, but next time listen to your mother. 😉

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: