You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mewoa And The Mystery Man

Real Ghost Stories

Mewoa And The Mystery Man

 

This happened on Sunday night, 17 November at approximately 9:00pm. A buddy and I were returning from watching a movie and we stopped at a local service station to fill fuel.

My buddy (let's call her Serchelle) jumped off the car to get something from the convenient store. I remained in the vehicle and waited for an attendant to assist me.

I watched as Serchelle walked across the parking lot and into the store. An attendant approached the vehicle and I spoke with him, telling him to fill up the tank, check tyre pressure and wipe my windscreen. He walked around to the petrol tank and began filling fuel.

I was watching him from my side view mirror to my left. At that exact moment a man approached my driver side window. I was startled as I did not see this man approaching me. He was quite a tall man, very ragged clothing, with braided hair down to his shoulders and scruffy beard (basically he looked like a common vagabond).

What was strange was that he was carrying a little black, brown and white kitten. She had the most gorgeous eyes. I felt so drawn to this little kitten and this mysterious man. At first I was startled as I turned to see him standing at my window but I was not afraid of him at all.

He introduced the little kitten to me as "Mewoa". At first I did not hear him and he spelt the name out to me and said, "That is how you pronounce it." At this point he did not introduce himself to me (which I did not find too odd).

He went on to tell me that me that Mewoa was a very special kitten that helps him take people to the "light". So looking at him quite intrigued, I asked that he elaborate. I must mention that, although he looked so disheveled, he spoke quite fluently and much to my surprise, quite intelligent, soft and very well mannered as well.

So he went on to explain how Mewoa is able to "see" souls/spirits that are "stuck" in this world and cannot cross over. He said that together, the twosome have helped many souls move on in a mere two months since he found Mewoa.

I was rather curious as to why he chose to come to my window when there were many other vehicles at the service station. When I asked him, why did he approach me, he said that, when Serchelle got off the vehicle and walked to the store, Mewoa immediately began to purr and tried to jump out of his arms and into the direction of my vehicle.

He said, Mewoa jumped out of his arms and sprinted straight for me. And when I turned around, he had just picked her up. I found this really weird so I asked what did he want from me and he said he wanted to let me know that there was a bright white light that is emanating from inside my car. Confused and baffled, I asked what he meant and he said that my Guardian Angel is travelling with me...

I laughed and said, "You are joking," and if it is money he needed, all he has to do is ask and he does not need to make up such stories. He in turn said my Guardian Angel is with me right now because I needed protection from something bad that lay ahead of me.

Rather annoyed by this time, I tried to get the attention of the attendant who was still filling tyre pressure to tell him that this guys was harassing me and to get rid of him. But the attendant was kneeling down next to the back left tyre and could not see me.

Just then, Serchelle emerged from the store with some goodies and I immediately flashed my head lights to get her attention. She saw that and tried to hurry back to the vehicle at which point, this mysterious man said, "May the Angel Raphael guide you on your travels and may your Guardian Angel protect you from imminent danger that awaits you."

By this time, Serchelle was already at the car, I said to her that this guy was being a nuisance and that she should ask him to leave because he was saying some crazy things. She looked at me and looked over the roof of the car and looked back at me again and said there is no one there...

I looked again and for dear life, the man was gone!

She asked what was wrong with me and I speechless, I could not find the words to explain what had happened just a few minutes ago. The attendant finally came around and I asked for a card machine to pay for the fuel and as he walked away, I got off the car to see if I could spot this mysterious man and his kitten. Much to my dismay, he was gone! Without a trace...Nothing!

Thinking I am losing my marbles, I asked the attendant if that vagrant came to the service station often. To which he replied, "WHO?" Shocked at his question, I said, "The man that was standing at my window talking to me while you were busy. He was holding a cat in his hands." Again he said, "Nope, I did not see anyone speaking to you."

I got back into the car, paid for my fuel and drove off rather confused and a little nervous. As I we drove for about another 2 kms or so, we approached a nasty collision involving 3 vehicles. It must have just happened as there was still no emergency services on the scene. I pulled over and I could see people strewn across the road. Screaming and crying for help. I quickly got my cell phone out and called for the emergency services.

I waited for a few more minutes and then drove home. All I could think was that I could have crashed into these vehicles or it could have been Serchelle and I in this pile up. That mysterious man was right, I thought! But how? Who was he? And where did he come from? A mere coincidence I thought or was he for real?

Definitely something for me to think about... As strange occurrences continue to happen to me in the most inopportune moments...

Thank you for reading.

Blessed Be

RomanzQ

Other hauntings by RoMaNzQ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoMaNzQ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-29)
WoW! You have full service gas stations in S.A.?! I haven't seen one of those in...well...nevermind.😆
In all seriousness though RomanzQ, I really enjoyed this account! Not many of us get that kind of verification of their guardian angels. And even though he had to keep telling you and didn't pop you in the nose for not believing him, you got your proof. Great read! 😊
HoppingCorpse (2 stories) (42 posts)
+5
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
I apologize beforehand for what I am going to say, but. You saw a bad road accident that nobody had attended yet, people were laying on the road screaming (correct me if I am reading it wrong). You called ambulance, waited for a couple of minutes and then left before the ambulance arrived? I know you are no medical expert and you did the right thing in calling the ambulance but seriously? You did not even stick around long enough to secure the area so that other drivers who are not as attentive as you would not run over those people? When I was learning to drive, I had first medical aid lessons and one of the main points was - do not leave the victim (s) until ambulance comes. Even if all you can say is - "Everything is going to be alright, the ambulance is on the way". What if the ambulance people called back because they needed to verify the location? Again, sorry, perhaps you did all that and just did not mention it. I stand corrected in this case and I am sorry. If not. Imagine you had been one of the unfortunate people in the accident - would you have appreciated if a person stuck around a bit and then left?
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Wow, just... Wow. There are a lot of jade beings out there hidden in rags. This is a very well writen story of one.
RoMaNzQ (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
Hello my fellow posters 😁,

Thank you for your comments. I feel very blessed to have my Guardians watching over me. Sadly a few days after the accident, which I averted, appeared in a local newspaper. The accident claimed TWO lives!

All I keep thinking is that those two lives could have been Serchelle and I...had I not gotten delayed at the service station.

My experience has made me realise that we should never judge a book by its cover. The mysterious man (eventhough he looked like a vagabond), was actually a "messenger." MY saviour ❤.

I often go to that very same service station in hope of seeing this man and his little kitten but I have been disappointed on every occasion 😢

Thank you for reading guys.

Blessed Be
RomanzQ
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
RoMaNzQ, I have goosebumps as I sit here! That was truly an amazing occurrence. It isn't very often that we get warnings 'in person', like that; you are very lucky.

May your guardian angel always travel with you.

I loved your narrative, it's going into my favs. Thank you so much for sharing.
vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
i have learned to listen when my guardian angel speaks because he/she knows when I am in danger and trust me they are very loud when I seem to ignore them! ❤
Udon555 (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
Amazing story! I can't help but feel bad for the people who were in that accident, however. Too bad they weren't warned or saved from being hurt...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
RomanzQ - your experience reminds me of one of my favorite songs "What if She's an Angel".

I try to remember there are earthbound angels, as spiritwaiting said, who are here for many reasons. Some of those reasons are to guide us, others are to help. I also think you met your Guardian Angel.

Thank you for sharing this with us 😊
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
RomanzQ, Wow! What an amazing experience. I've heard many times, Angels come in our human form, to warn us about dangers ahead. Sometimes they also guide us away from it. It sounds as though this one did, at the same time wanted you to truly believe your guardians are with you. I'm putting this in my favs, as a reminder, so to speak. That other elements are at play everyday in our lives 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: