You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: You're Forgiven Sergeant

Real Ghost Stories

You're Forgiven Sergeant

 

I used to think nothing could ever shock me, I haven't used this account in years and since then I have grown so much and experienced so much more. I learned the more I talked about them the more they showed up, I learned how to banish when necessary and bind them to me if I need to. Since I have last written here I learned to love and have cried by losing it. I lost a precious child and somehow got through it. I never thought I could be surprised anymore, it feels like everything that could happen has and yet I'm continually surprised.

Briefly, what I've experienced is nothing short of odd and amazing. I used to be so terrified of everything but then I learned that spirits and demons and the like are just like humans, some are bad and some are good, some are just neutral.

I remember my first encounter with a demon. I didn't even realize what it was at first, this little thing no bigger than a teacup poodle was waddling around. I met a ghost who was "stuck" halfway through a wall, and had a rather odd encounter with the ghost of cat.

But the story I want to actually share just happened recently it was interesting and emotional all at once. My fiancee is an army vet, he has a few years on me and has been in a few wars, been shot a few times and has mild PTSD but he still has a good sense of humor. He likes cartoons and will make pancakes shaped like fire engines for his grandson. He can face down people with bombs, guns, knives and rabid dogs. He went through radiation and chemical attacks but the only thing he is terrified of is ghosts. This is rather understandable because it would be scary to think of people you've killed or people you've worked closely with hanging around you all the time.

Well, he is away on a contract now; technically a civilian though he is working army jobs (how does that even make sense?) Before he left we were asleep, our normal routine, though we went to bed a lot earlier than normal.

Before I continue I want to apologize for my rambling and just say I've never had an experience with a conscious ghost who knew what was going on and everything until this night. Well, I woke up to what felt like someone had put a wet paper towel on my arm, but it wasn't. It was the hand of someone who I didn't recognize, desert army uniform and the calmest expression I've ever seen, considering he had a hole in his head - about the size of a quarter. I have also never seen a ghost who you could tell how they died. I've always seen them rather whole, or you know hazy. He was colorful. You could see the color of his skin and eyes and lips; he looked almost alive. I've never experience something so intense in my life.

He looked at me and he spoke, I was in so much shock I couldn't speak. He just said tell my fiancee it wasn't his fault, then he was gone just gone. I thought at first I was dreaming so I went and splashed my face with water. When that didn't wake me up, I woke up my fiancee and told him what happened. He went quiet told me to go back to sleep.

Next morning I asked him about it. Apparently there was a kid, I say kid lightly, but his name was Ed (honestly not the name I would have imagined him with but there is reality for you.) Ed was the youngest in the platoon (I think that's what the word is) and Phil, the eldest, promised to help him through. It was Ed's first tour straight out of Basic Training, right into the worse of Iraq. They made it through the initial months; they got called back. Ed died the very last day before they were to head home, an accident. Someone in their party was cleaning a gun and it fired. Ed had two children and a wife waiting for him at home. It was the saddest story I've heard maybe because I saw the man's eyes and felt his spirit and how kind it was, and seeing the pain in my love's face as he spoke about him it was emotional and sad but in a weird way beautiful.

Anyway I just wanted to share this story it brought so much emotion to me and I wanted to share something that was amazing and sad to me all at once.

Blessed Be,

T.

Other hauntings by vampira

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vampira, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vampira (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-02)
BattleScars
I'm glad you thought so I really wanted to share it and I hope it brought good emotion- also to me when it all happened I really started thinking about the things we beat ourselves up over; when we have no control over a lot of them.
You too
T
BattleScars (3 stories) (44 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
This is a really lovely story, it brought tears to my eyes.

Stay safe.

BattleScars
vampira (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-01)
Thank you and I told my fiancée what he said. I don't really know what he did with the information but I hope he took it to heart and realized it wasn't his fault.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
This is a lovely story, was his message passed on? So sorry for your loss too ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: